Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Metrodome obstructed view seats?

Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site where I can find which rows/seats have obstructed views of the playing field.
    I'm looking into buying some nose bleed season tickets on ebay and am worried we'll be stuck in a bad viewing area.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Metrodome obstructed view seats?

maybe not what you're looking for, but a start:

http://www.vikings.com/DAM_public/9721.swf
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site where I can find which rows/seats have obstructed views of the playing field.
    I'm looking into buying some nose bleed season tickets on ebay and am worried we'll be stuck in a bad viewing area.
    Thanks!
    You can afford seats, and then you want good seats.
    picky...picky picky

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Thanks!
    You can afford seats, and then you want good seats.
    picky...picky picky
    LOL!
    I don't necessarily want "good" seats.
    I just want to be able to see the entire field, even if it is like viewing from space.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Generally speaking the last 4 or 5 rows have a chance of being obstructed by pillars.
    I found a few pics online.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Rattz is offline Rookie

I think there are 31 or 32 rows in the upper deck.
    If you are buying from a season ticket holder, I doubt that they are are "obstructed view".
    But, to be safe choose rows 25 or lower as they all would be before the beams.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Please don't just take my word for it.

But I believe that when things like this is discussed, he usually talks about row 27 and above.

You wonder why he had to take to Cebu now that this important issue has come up ;D

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Thanks!
    I'd kind of like that info myself.
    The Vikings were selling the "obstructed view" tickets as season tickets for $99 each...that's like $9.90 per ticket, per game.
    Considering I'm in the "cheap seats" myself already, I've wondered if an some obstructed view tickets near the 50 might be better than an unobstructed ticket in the corners.
    It all depends what part of the field is obstructed depending on where your seat is.
    If the pole only obstructs your view of one chunk of an end zone, for instance, would I rather spend less to sit on the 50 and have to lean/look around a pole only on a few plays a game?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    Please don't just take my word for it.

But I believe that when things like this is discussed, he usually talks about row 27 and above.

You wonder why he had to take to Cebu now that this important issue has come up ;D
    The pillars are in row 26 or 27 for every section I've been in & I've been in a lot. Rows behind that are subject to being "limited view".

If you are looking on eBay for tix in those rows & the seller doesn't spell out whether the seats are "unobstructed" or "limited view", be sure to ask before you bid.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"purplepat" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Thanks!
    I'd kind of like that info myself.
    The Vikings were selling the "obstructed view" tickets as season tickets for $99 each...that's like $9.90 per ticket, per game.
    Considering I'm in the "cheap seats" myself already, I've wondered if an some obstructed view tickets near the 50 might be better than an unobstructed ticket in the corners.
    It all depends what part of the field is obstructed depending on where your seat is.
    If the pole only obstructs your view of one chunk of an end zone, for instance, would I rather spend less to sit on the 50 and have to lean/look around a pole only on a few plays a game?
    My gut feel is to go with the "limited view" seats this year near mid-field if you can get them. I'm betting that very few games will sell out this year & you'll be able to "scooch" over or down a row or two into some unocuppied seats during the game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast