Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Looking for Preseason Tickets

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Sweet.

I know they don't allow tailgating for preseason games, but are there other things usually going on pre-game?
    The plaza will be crowded and they will have all the vendors out there (beer, food, souveniers, etc.)

In the past, we have chosen to meet at the flagpoles outside of Gate H, on the north end of the plaza. I'm sure as the game draws nearer we will make similar plans.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for the thread then.

Blog Entries

one last Q. Is parking an issue for preseason games? I know for regular season it can be a bit of a pain, especially navigating around if you're not familiar with the city. I suppose the light rail from MOA is an option, but I'd prefer to drive if its not too bad.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    one last Q. Is parking an issue for preseason games? I know for regular season it can be a bit of a pain, especially navigating around if you're not familiar with the city. I suppose the light rail from MOA is an option, but I'd prefer to drive if its not too bad.
    I don't think it will be an issue. You might check to see if there is a Twins home game the same night - that could cut down on your options.

I park on the streets at a parking meeter. You'll need quarters to do that - $1.00/hour. I park on Portland between 6th and 7th streets (so I'm heading the correct direction for leaving the scene after the game) which is about a 2 block walk from the Dome.

=Z=

Blog Entries

Cool, I'll keep that in mind.

Blog Entries

There are Twins games all week, Tuesday to the Following Wednesday. Might have to catch a Twins game too while I'm down.

Erinnn is offline Starter

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    There are Twins games all week, Tuesday to the Following Wednesday. Might have to catch a Twins game too while I'm down.
    I took a week and a half off work so I could be up there for the back-to-back home preseason games and not have to drive back and forth. I was thinking of doing the same thing since I'll have time to kill, but all I could find were standing room only. Do they not have a thing like ticket exchange? Their web site says to try StubHub.

Blog Entries

I bought a pair of right field, 2nd level tickets off stubhub for $35 each, Sat afternoon vs. the Rangers. Face value was $19 I think .

Twins are a hot ticket, you're gonna have to pay for a ticket. Even on stubhub, the selection is very limited, and pricy.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I bought a pair of right field, 2nd level tickets off stubhub for $35 each, Sat afternoon vs. the Rangers. Face value was $19 I think .

Twins are a hot ticket, you're gonna have to pay for a ticket. Even on stubhub, the selection is very limited, and pricy.
    The way the Twins are playing right now (stinky) and the way the White Sox are playing (ridiculously good) it's likely that the Twins will be far out of contention in six weeks. That should make it easier to find tickets, if you are willing to wait.

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

The way the Twins are playing right now (stinky) and the way the White Sox are playing (ridiculously good) it's likely that the Twins will be far out of contention in six weeks. That should make it easier to find tickets, if you are willing to wait.

=Z=
    The odds are that neither the Twins nor the White Sox will continue to play at their current levels. I expect the division race to continue to be close as the season goes on. I would watch eBay and StubHub, but as soon as the Twins start winning again the prices are going to jump... JMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast