Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Lance Johnstone Game Used Jersey with Cert of Authenticity

When I'm in the mood for finding Vikings memorabilia I usually do a search "Minnesota Vikings". This item doesn't show up in that search, and I would not have found it had you not posted it. I suppose it would show up under vikings, or lance johnstone but that's either vague or too specific. jmo. It's a sweet jersey though.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Lance Johnstone Game Used Jersey with Cert of Authentici

"Anonymous" wrote:
    I'm a huge jersey collector, as I have a whole hallway full of authentic and autographed Vikings jerseys. It's a nice jersey you have, but I hate to tell you, I don't think it's a Johnstone jersey. The style of the jersey is older than what they wear now, and also it's made by Wilson. The Vikings wore starter jerseys in 1998 and 1999, went to Puma in 2000, and then at some point in 2001 Reebok bought the rights to every team in the NFL.

I don't know when Johnstone's first year with the Vikes was, but I know for a fact that they didn't wear Wilson jerseys since at least 1997 or before. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk. It's a really nice jersey and anybody would be lucky to have a game worn jersey, but if I were you, I'd check into it a little more, as far as who's jersey it is. Unless Johnstone played in the mid 90's, I would find out who was #51 during that time, and I think that's who's jersey it is.
    It's odd that PSADNA certifies the jersey and lists Starter as being the manufacturer of the jersey, when it clearly says Wilson on it.

Lance has played in the league since 1996, but back then he played for the Raiders

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Why do they take the names off the back????

Why isn't the number sewn on, if it was a worn jersey?

The photo is a little dark and it is hard to see.

I thought the Viking dude was also sewn on the sleeve?

Maybe I just don't understand what a game worn authentic jersey is?
    I am sure some of these guys can tell you specifically, but I think back in that time frame they are talking about our authentics had the plastic numbers not Tackle-twill sewn on numbers. Also what you are describing with the sewn on Viking on the shoulder etc are how the current Reebok "On Field" authentic jerseys are. Hope that helps. If you get a current Reebok authentic then you get all the bells and whistles you are talking about.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

It is probably not "game worn".

Not to check anybody under the bus here, but it is estimated that 60-80% of a ll memorabilia sold is fake. I am not saying this is, but eBay is a magnet for fraud and crooks.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Well, it didn't sell. I had 8 people watching, but no takers. I know the numbers aren't embroidered, so personally, I was assuming it is a practice jersey (after hearing all the info from you all). The cert of authenticity says "game worn" but I think it means "practice worn" as the Vikes practice jerseys are screened numbers, not sewn on. The jersey's in my hands, and the quality and such is as real as it gets, so I know it's not fake. PSA/DNA's a reputable company. If anyone's still interested in it, let me know. I can send more pics . . . it's an awesome jersey. Thanks for all the help, guys!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

ya that jerseys is def a practice jersey. therefor it really isnt worth that much especially considering its a lance johnstone. id give u 40$ bucks for it

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"VikingNed" wrote:
    man, I'de love to have that Jersey,

But I just talked my wife into buying a new boat (picking it up tomorrow). So my Christmas is done even before it gets here..

Worst part is, I won't be able to use it till next spring now.....

Good Luck with your sale
    New boat? You da man! You'll have to post some pics...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12