Thread: Hey ppoers!

5vikingsrule6 is offline Training Camp

Exclamation Need help upcoming season coming from Florida !

I have been on here a bit now. I wanted to take a trip from Florida( sunny weather... am I crazy?) to Minny to see a Vikings game this season. I was wondering if anyone had a hook up on tickets (I'd need two) and could guide me to the best spots to get a hotel room. I would appreciate it as I am looking forward to joining you all tailgating!

Thanks!
    Last edited by 5vikingsrule6; 04-17-2012 at 06:30 PM.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hey 5vikingsrule6!

First of all, where are you looking to get tickets? Are you looking for lower level, upper level, best seats available, cheapest seats available, etc? Singer is the ebay master here, and he can usually find decent tickets under face value. Of course, it all depends on which game you are coming up for too.

I have season tickets, and I can only make it to about half of the games (I live out of state), so if one of the games you want to go to is one that I have open, I can offer you a fair price.

Also, there are two main options for hotel. The first is staying downtown itself. Most of the hotels are a little across the city, but all are a quick walk or cab ride away. The closest hotel is the Aloft, about two blocks away, and it is a pretty nice hotel. It will run around $150 per night, and I have never found them on priceline, but I like it for its proximity. Otherwise I have been able to priceline decent hotels like the Millennium for around $60. There is a Holiday Inn just across 35W too, which is a close walk, but I hate walking over the bridge. I would stay in one of the hotels further east before going back there.

The other main hotel option is to stay down at the Mall of America. This is a good option if you wanted to do some touristy stuff while in town. It is also very close to the airport, which cuts down the hassle to get to the hotel from the airport and back. There is a light rail that will take you from the Mall itself directly to the Metrodome. This is nice when you might not be in the condition to drive after a game. Hotels around the MoA tend to be cheaper than downtown as well. Be warned though, the light rail is PACKED after a game, and it will take a while to get on a train.

I prefer to stay downtown unless I have my family with me. If my kids are with we almost always stay at the Waterpark of America by the MoA - they love it. Downtown is nice because I can get up at 6am and head to the tailgating lots.

Hope that helps. Let us know which game you are looking for, and definitely join the PP.O crew for tailgating!!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

5vikingsrule6 is offline Training Camp
    I am looking for cheapest seats available (for 2 people) and Really any game is fine I guess I should stick to a date and go from there but I am open to all dates. Thank you for all your tips so far! I will look at the dates and games and get back to you for sure. Tailgating sounds like a blast! Can't wait to fly up!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If you are flexible on date,s then I would wait until the season starts, and watch the ticket prices as games get nearer. My guess is the Titans game will be a fairly cheap one in the secondary market, especially if both teams are sub .500.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=