Thread: Game Worn Items

vikings-for-ever is offline Waterboy

Game Worn Items

Hello pp.o.

I used to be a member of the forums here some years back and just slowly got away from the site. Some of the older members may remember me as coreychavous21 or cc21.

Anyway, to cut to the chase. Over the last decade of going to Vikings games I have accumulated a number of game worn pieces of memorabilia (mostly gloves). These were all pieces that I have caught and were either thrown into the crowd inside the dome after games or in the player’s parking lot after the games. I have built up quite a collection over the years. Now I may be interested in selling some of these items as I am at a point in my life were I could really use the money to help pay off students loans and such.

Basically I have come here to see what kind of market there may be for these items (if any market at all). I have absolutely no idea what I would be looking to get out of them. Because the items were personally caught by myself and not store bought, I unfortunately have no certificates of authenticity or anything like that. The only thing I can think of that would somewhat authenticate these items is if I could search online for pictures of the players during these games to show that the gloves etc. match the ones that I have. I always kept track of the game and year that I received each item so that may be possible. I do understand that that would still not be 100% proof and will probably hurt the value.

Having said all of this, I am also more than happy to hold on to all of these items, as I know that they are 100% authentic and as a Vikings fan are very neat to have. If anyone would be interested in any of the items let me know.

Some of the items I have off the top of my head (I will make a list of all items if there is interest) include game worn gloves from Jim Kleinsasser, Nate Burleson(autographed as well), Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Brian Robison, Greg Biekert, Matt Birk, Chris Lewinskie, Steve Hutchinson, Darren Sharper, and atleast half a dozen more. I also have 2 or 3 wristbands worn by Brad Johnson and one of the towels that attach to the players pants worn and signed by Gus Frerotte.

I can also include pictures upon request. Go Vikes!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    $50 for the lot
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    $50 for the lot
    For everything? I think I will hold on to the collection for that amount lol

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    $55

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    $55
    Very tempting lol. not.

I guess there isn't as much interest as I thought there may be and thats fine too. But if there is any interest on any of the pieces please let me know.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings-for-ever View Post
    Very tempting lol. not.

I guess there isn't as much interest as I thought there may be and thats fine too. But if there is any interest on any of the pieces please let me know.
    You've also not picked the best time to sell. Going on our worst season ever, interest in stuff like that is probably at an all-time low.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings-for-ever View Post
    Hello pp.o.

I used to be a member of the forums here some years back and just slowly got away from the site. Some of the older members may remember me as coreychavous21 or cc21.

Anyway, to cut to the chase. Over the last decade of going to Vikings games I have accumulated a number of game worn pieces of memorabilia (mostly gloves). These were all pieces that I have caught and were either thrown into the crowd inside the dome after games or in the player’s parking lot after the games. I have built up quite a collection over the years. Now I may be interested in selling some of these items as I am at a point in my life were I could really use the money to help pay off students loans and such.

Basically I have come here to see what kind of market there may be for these items (if any market at all). I have absolutely no idea what I would be looking to get out of them. Because the items were personally caught by myself and not store bought, I unfortunately have no certificates of authenticity or anything like that. The only thing I can think of that would somewhat authenticate these items is if I could search online for pictures of the players during these games to show that the gloves etc. match the ones that I have. I always kept track of the game and year that I received each item so that may be possible. I do understand that that would still not be 100% proof and will probably hurt the value.

Having said all of this, I am also more than happy to hold on to all of these items, as I know that they are 100% authentic and as a Vikings fan are very neat to have. If anyone would be interested in any of the items let me know.

Some of the items I have off the top of my head (I will make a list of all items if there is interest) include game worn gloves from Jim Kleinsasser, Nate Burleson(autographed as well), Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Brian Robison, Greg Biekert, Matt Birk, Chris Lewinskie, Steve Hutchinson, Darren Sharper, and atleast half a dozen more. I also have 2 or 3 wristbands worn by Brad Johnson and one of the towels that attach to the players pants worn and signed by Gus Frerotte.

I can also include pictures upon request. Go Vikes!
    KER-CHING!.. right there is your holy grail dude!