Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: favre

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: packer vs vikings mnf

"pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Some of those Packer fans are more so Favre fans than they are Packer fans. many of them became Jets fans when he went there & the following will continue if he comes to MN.

There will also be more Favre/Packer fans jumping ship to MN if he comes here to play because our states border each other.
    Yes you better prepare for the arrival of the Church of Favretology.. the day he signs, the Vikings will worry little about selling games out..
    ;D
    Seriously! How can people be fans of one person over the team concept.
    Maybe I have been giving the Packer fans too much credit.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Some of those Packer fans are more so Favre fans than they are Packer fans. many of them became Jets fans when he went there & the following will continue if he comes to MN.

There will also be more Favre/Packer fans jumping ship to MN if he comes here to play because our states border each other.
    Yes you better prepare for the arrival of the Church of Favretology.. the day he signs, the Vikings will worry little about selling games out..
    ;D
    The percentage was small, but yes there were Packers fans that followed the Jets closer than the Packers last season. I know of two people in my small town that refuse to watch the Packers until Thompson is removed.. that is how silly the attachment to Favre is.. these are middle aged men as well..

Fandom is rarely logical... they felt Brett got hosed and point that anger towards Thompson.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D
    The percentage was small, but yes there were Packers fans that followed the Jets closer than the Packers last season. I know of two people in my small town that refuse to watch the Packers until Thompson is removed.. that is how silly the attachment to Favre is.. these are middle aged men as well..

Fandom is rarely logical... they felt Brett got hosed and point that anger towards Thompson.
    I can see where some might have a bad taste in there mouth about the way the situation played outlast year.
    I was convinced that the tears that Favre let go at his retirement press conference were ones of betrayal he felt.
    I thought that he was told the the organization wanted him to make a decision now and that they were ready to go on without him, the Rodger's Era.
    JMHO!

We did have a very small percentage of Moss fans like that also.
    But we are talking teenagers here.
    People that just started following the Vikes during the Moss years.

I will gladly let these Favre fan don the Purple to drown out the Green cheers at that home-dome game.
    I just won't personally take these fans serious.

Back to the MNF, it won't bother me to have a few more Purple fans in the stands.

I am sure that the Green and Gold will want to also come to the dome to root against Favre also.
    I would think there would be the same amount of Favre Haters that would actually offset the Favre fans.
    The interactions in the stands could be intense this year.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D

In this particular instance, however, I agree with those fans as Brett DID get hosed by Thompson and his lies.

And believe me when I say I am NOT a huge Favre fan - I've simply had the luxury of watching the whole thing play out over the past three years without having a bias to protect.
    All my PAcktard buddies would tell me I was wrong, and that Brett would never play anywhere but Green Bay, and that the Packers would never let him leave if he wanted to stay....and I just said "Watch what's happening".

...not too many of them say much about it anymore.
    But a couple of them are staunch Anti-Thompson guys now.

Caine

"Caine" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D

In this particular instance, however, I agree with those fans as Brett DID get hosed by Thompson and his lies.

And believe me when I say I am NOT a huge Favre fan - I've simply had the luxury of watching the whole thing play out over the past three years without having a bias to protect.
    All my PAcktard buddies would tell me I was wrong, and that Brett would never play anywhere but Green Bay, and that the Packers would never let him leave if he wanted to stay....and I just said "Watch what's happening".

Caine

I don't know how.

He's been catered to his every request while here, as long as it was a realistic one. He couldn't make up his mind about coming back for quite some years. Then he retires and unretires. You can't just possibly come back and asume you can play in that case. But it's Favre, though, you can't put him on the bench either.

I think the right decision was made. I don't see any big problems.

I could base this one all kinds of facts, but I've been arguing this for quite a while today now. Just ask Pack93. The ones that do blame TT for this all (Not implying that this is you, of course), have turned to blaming to TT for everything wrong with the team and us not getting a SB yet. They're tiresome apparently.
    ;D
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"Caine" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D

Caine

I am glad to hear that perspective.
    Put those guys on the fence and forced them to choose sides.
    Then they put up more fences to subdivide.
    Once again, we had similar situations with DC and Moss and the way they left.
    I bet those guys were giving you crap or at least trying to during that time.

Mixed feeling get rationalized in many ways.

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    Honestly, you could see this coming back in the late 90's if you really thought about it, Wolf, Holmgren and Sherman revolved the decisions around Brett and trying to make another run at the Superbowl.. name another QB that would have a weekly luncheon meeting with the GM of the franchise? Weekly Wolf and Brett would have dinner together.. Sherman would publicly admit that he consulted with Brett on moves that impacted the offense.. Brett was given the key to the franchise.
    Right, wrong or indifferent..

That all ended when Thompson took over and his more close to the vest type of management, rarely things leak out of 1265 Lombardi now.. it wasn't just about his actions towards Brett, for goodness sakes, the assistant coaches only can have meetings with the journalist if the proper Packer PR staffers control the meeting.. straight out of the Bill Bellicheat school of controlism. Brett took it personally, the removal from the "loop"... and the spiral of piss poor communications and what not grew from there.. Ted's biggest crime.. he apparently sucks at interpersonal communications.. hell communication in general.

So if Brett signs with the Vikings, which I actually hope happens, the rivalry will be stepped up another notch and the storylines for this season will be never ending.. it will make those two regular season games seem like they have such a greater importance... playoff atmosphere.

Even if the game is without Brett at the helm.. I think the NFCN games this season should be very interesting and well played games.. well at least the Packers vs Vikings.. both talented squads.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    No such doubts about where my loyalties lie.

I'm in the hunt for 2 tickets to the MNF Pukers game. First time over from the UK and so looking forward to it.
    *BUMP*

Hey - any of you season-ticket-holders who might be looking to move your tickets for this game, here's a fellow PPOer who's coming from the UK for this game.
    Please give him a chance at your tickets before you put them on StubHub or something.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

I'm in the hunt for 2 tickets to the MNF Pukers game. First time over from the UK and so looking forward to it.
    *BUMP*

Hey - any of you season-ticket-holders who might be looking to move your tickets for this game, here's a fellow PPOer who's coming from the UK for this game.
    Please give him a chance at your tickets before you put them on StubHub or something.

=Z=
    Thanks for getting this thread back on track, this is the ticket thread.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

*BUMP*

=Z=
    Thanks for getting this thread back on track, this is the ticket thread.
    Damn it is.. one of the few times I didn't go back and look at the origin of the thread...

With that said.. keep an eye out for an extra two tickets side by side.. for a Packer fan and most likely wife.
    ;D

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast