Blog Entries

Re: And the fake Favre jerseys are already available

"marstc09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    hey, what do you know.
    A picture of a real jersey worn by a real player, in a simliar position to singers picture, and the sleeves go straight up and down

Notice how the stripes are tapered as they come up to his pits.

You do see that, right?

Are the stripes tapered in any way on the jersey you have?
    Do they even touch the sleeves?
    And he's wearing it with pads.
    The Chinese jersey - with pads, would probably stretch the stripes in towards the neck.

=Z=
    Maybe, maybe not, who knows.
    Your speculating as much as I am.
    Maybe i'll stuff a shirt to look like pads and try, see how it looks.
    I don't really give a shit. This jersey looks awesome! I am wearing it right now at work. People are pissed. LOL and guess what the stripes taper. Awesome deal. Who was the one that posted this link originally. My hat goes off to you!
    your welcome

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=52211.msg964466#msg964466 date=1246375489]

Reebok produces most of their products in China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reebok#...uction_details
    "Footwear Reebok uses footwear factories in 14 countries. Most factories making Reebok footwear are based in Asia — primarily China (accounting for 51% of total footwear production), Indonesia (21%), Vietnam (17%) and Thailand (7%). Production is consolidated, with 88% of Reebok footwear manufactured in 11 factories, employing over 75,000 workers.

"Apparel Reebok has factories in 45 countries. The process of purchasing products from suppliers is organized by region. Most (52%) of Reebok's apparel sold in the United States is produced in Asia, with the rest coming from countries in the Caribbean, North America, Africa and the Middle East. Apparel sold in Europe is typically sourced from Asia and Europe. Apparel sold in the Asia Pacific region is typically produced by Asian-based manufacturers.
    Take that Zeus. So by them already making Favre jerseys, I wonder if they know something we don't.

"Zeus" wrote:
    What's so confusing?
    By "real thing" I mean "not manufactured by some sweatshop but actually by a manufacturer with the NFL contract".
    Take what?
    Reebok manufactures in China + these come from China <> these are made by Reebok subs.

You need to take a logic class sometime.
    You need to knock off the insults.
    As soon as you stop saying things like "Take that Zeus", I'll stop pointing out the flaws in your reasoning.
    Flaws IYO.
    [/quote]

Whatever.
    Glad you got a jersey you like.
    Please take a couple pics and post them.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I'd still rather pay 100 dollars (80 on sale
    ;D) for an actual NFL jersey than 50 for an imitation. I'll explain (in a kick-ass list format);
    Actually real authentics are much more than $100. You are just buying what they call, I think the guy said repthentics at Champs, "real" authentics will run you about $250.
    It's essentially the NFL's version of the shoddy internet authentic everyone here is so fond of. Yes it's only $100, but the numbers and nameplate are sewn on. To tell you the truth I couldn't tell the difference between an Authentic and a Premium, but I can spot a $30 knockoff...
    They're easy to spot the difference.
    Premium has screen printed logos, uncuffed sleeves, the back drapes down longer than the front, and the border on the numbers is printed, Authentics will have embroidered logos, cuffed sleeves and double layers ont he numbers.
    Edit: I see what you mean about the yellow being printed on the numbers, you almost can't tell with the yellow stitching over top...
    from afar, they'll probably look identical.
    They're still nice jerseys for sure, just pointing out the differences.
    LIke I said, I'm not a fan personally, but hell, beats no jersey thats for sure.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=52211.msg964492#msg964492 date=1246377902]
    ;D) for an actual NFL jersey than 50 for an imitation. I'll explain (in a kick-ass list format);
    Actually real authentics are much more than $100. You are just buying what they call, I think the guy said repthentics at Champs, "real" authentics will run you about $250.
    It's essentially the NFL's version of the shoddy internet authentic everyone here is so fond of. Yes it's only $100, but the numbers and nameplate are sewn on. To tell you the truth I couldn't tell the difference between an Authentic and a Premium, but I can spot a $30 knockoff...
    Premium has screen printed logos, uncuffed sleeves, the back drapes down longer than the front, and the border on the numbers is printed, Authentics will have embroidered logos, cuffed sleeves and double layers ont he numbers.
    Cuffed sleeves? Screen printed logos, the reebok logo you mean?

I have no idea what any of that means, other than the back is longer than the front, and the double layer on the numbers. Like I said, I can't spot the difference, I'm sure someone who sells jerseys can...
    The cuffs of the sleeves on authentics should be made of a spandex material, that close around your arms.
    The Viking head logo on the back of your jersey will be screen printed, along with the word "Vikings" on the front and the reebok logos.
    The yellow border around the numbers will be printed on a single layer of material, whereas on authentics, there will be a layer of white material sewn onto a layer of yellow material.
    [/quote]

Yep that clears it up. You should just get a job for nflshop.com, imagine how many e-mails they get a day trying to figure out their mind-fuck of a jersey system...

Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52211.msg964502#msg964502 date=1246379034]
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=52211.msg964492#msg964492 date=1246377902]

I have no idea what any of that means, other than the back is longer than the front, and the double layer on the numbers. Like I said, I can't spot the difference, I'm sure someone who sells jerseys can...
    The cuffs of the sleeves on authentics should be made of a spandex material, that close around your arms.
    The Viking head logo on the back of your jersey will be screen printed, along with the word "Vikings" on the front and the reebok logos.
    The yellow border around the numbers will be printed on a single layer of material, whereas on authentics, there will be a layer of white material sewn onto a layer of yellow material.
    [/quote]

Yep that clears it up. You should just get a job for nflshop.com, imagine how many e-mails they get a day trying to figure out their mind-fuck of a jersey system...
    [/quote]

haha... realistically, its just reebok's way of hosing people.
    $80 for a replica is bad enough, but sew on some pieces of cloth, and now its a $125 jersey.
    Change the rest of the printing into stiching, and it gets bumped to $250.
    Rediculous, hell, if you'r going to play the "buying fakes doesn't support the team" card, I'd rather buy a fake, and donate $4 to the team, probably more than they make off jerseys anyway.

Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    WOW! Best China Authentic I have ever bought. Pics to come. I am ordering the purple one right now. People are crazy for not ordering these for $35.
    I wanna seee!!!!!
    *hops up and down

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52211.msg964482#msg964482 date=1246377036]
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=52211.msg964466#msg964466 date=1246375489]

Reebok produces most of their products in China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reebok#...uction_details
    "Footwear Reebok uses footwear factories in 14 countries. Most factories making Reebok footwear are based in Asia — primarily China (accounting for 51% of total footwear production), Indonesia (21%), Vietnam (17%) and Thailand (7%). Production is consolidated, with 88% of Reebok footwear manufactured in 11 factories, employing over 75,000 workers.

"Apparel Reebok has factories in 45 countries. The process of purchasing products from suppliers is organized by region. Most (52%) of Reebok's apparel sold in the United States is produced in Asia, with the rest coming from countries in the Caribbean, North America, Africa and the Middle East. Apparel sold in Europe is typically sourced from Asia and Europe. Apparel sold in the Asia Pacific region is typically produced by Asian-based manufacturers.
    Take that Zeus. So by them already making Favre jerseys, I wonder if they know something we don't.

"Zeus" wrote:
    What's so confusing?
    By "real thing" I mean "not manufactured by some sweatshop but actually by a manufacturer with the NFL contract".
    Take what?
    Reebok manufactures in China + these come from China <> these are made by Reebok subs.

You need to take a logic class sometime.
    You need to knock off the insults.
    As soon as you stop saying things like "Take that Zeus", I'll stop pointing out the flaws in your reasoning.
    Flaws IYO.
    [/quote]

Whatever.
    Glad you got a jersey you like.
    Please take a couple pics and post them.

=Z=
    [/quote]

I seriously recommend getting the McDaniel jersey.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52211.msg964429#msg964429 date=1246371580]
    hey, what do you know.
    A picture of a real jersey worn by a real player, in a simliar position to singers picture, and the sleeves go straight up and down

You do see that, right?

The Chinese jersey - with pads, would probably stretch the stripes in towards the neck.

=Z=
    I don't really give a shit. This jersey looks awesome! I am wearing it right now at work. People are pissed. LOL and guess what the stripes taper. Awesome deal. Who was the one that posted this link originally. My hat goes off to you!
    your welcome
    [/quote]

Thank you for making letting me know when the Favre ones came up. The site is slow right now. They must have a lot of traffic.

Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52211.msg964441#msg964441 date=1246373092]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52211.msg964429#msg964429 date=1246371580]
    hey, what do you know.

You do see that, right?

=Z=
    your welcome
    [/quote]

Thank you for making letting me know when the Favre ones came up. The site is slow right now. They must have a lot of traffic.
    [/quote]

I noticed that too... gonna buy myself a purple Favre jerseys

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=52211.msg964507#msg964507 date=1246379705]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52211.msg964502#msg964502 date=1246379034]

[/quote]

[/quote]

haha... realistically, its just reebok's way of hosing people.
    $80 for a replica is bad enough, but sew on some pieces of cloth, and now its a $125 jersey.
    Change the rest of the printing into stiching, and it gets bumped to $250.
    Rediculous, hell, if you'r going to play the "buying fakes doesn't support the team" card, I'd rather buy a fake, and donate $4 to the team, probably more than they make off jerseys anyway.
    [/quote]

It just means more money I can donate to PPO. Wouldn't you rather have it in Webbys pocket than the NFL? I would. Thanks again Webby for this great site. Damn I am excited!

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast