Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    desert47viking is offline Waterboy

custom authentic jerseys

I am in need of some help; I would like to get my husband a custom authentic jersey but from what I can tell they only are available in 58 or 60, correct me if Iím wrong but are those not 4xl and 5xl respectively? Do they even make them in smaller sizes, cause I even looked under other teams and they only offer the same sizes? I know Iím too late for Christmas since it takes the order 3 weeks to be complete and shipped but I was hoping to at least order it and have it for Valentineís Day and I really want to get him one this season, preferably an away, cause I know they will have a redesign with the 50th anniversary next year and plan on ordering him another one then, most likely a home one. So, where can I get one in a size large?
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:custom authentic jerseys

desert47viking wrote:
    I am in need of some help; I would like to get my husband a custom authentic jersey but from what I can tell they only are available in 58 or 60, correct me if Iím wrong but are those not 4xl and 5xl respectively? Do they even make them in smaller sizes, cause I even looked under other teams and they only offer the same sizes? I know Iím too late for Christmas since it takes the order 3 weeks to be complete and shipped but I was hoping to at least order it and have it for Valentineís Day and I really want to get him one this season, preferably an away, cause I know they will have a redesign with the 50th anniversary next year and plan on ordering him another one then, most likely a home one. So, where can I get one in a size large?
    Well - according to NFLShop.com, you can get sizes from small through 5XL. I think what you saw was the "NFL Featured Picks" on the front-page of the Custom Shop which (for some stupid reason) shows 58-60 as the only sizes. But that's ludicrous.

Check out this link:
    http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2252564&cp=2251924.2251942.223 8218&pageType=family&parentPage=family

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

desert47viking is offline Waterboy

Thank you for you reply but that one is the replica and I do want to get him the authentic. I have done some additional searching and same thing, sizes 58 and 60, on sportsauthority.com and fogdog, I did find some smaller sizes on footballfanatics.com, they only have sizes 52 and 54, so I know thay do offer them in smaller sizes but haven't been able to find a 50. Do you think they are just out of stock cause of the holidays and will be back before the end of the season or should I cave and go for the 52 and it will just be a little big on him?
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

desert47viking wrote:
    Thank you for you reply but that one is the replica and I do want to get him the authentic. I have done some additional searching and same thing, sizes 58 and 60, on sportsauthority.com and fogdog, I did find some smaller sizes on footballfanatics.com, they only have sizes 52 and 54, so I know thay do offer them in smaller sizes but haven't been able to find a 50. Do you think they are just out of stock cause of the holidays and will be back before the end of the season or should I cave and go for the 52 and it will just be a little big on him?
    It does appear on NFLShop.com that customized authentics are only available in 58-60. I can't believe the NFL would do something that dumb - that's pushing sales away from their website.

Have you actually spoken with an NFLShop representative on the phone? I'd call them to validate what the website says before giving up.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    desert47viking wrote:
    It does appear on NFLShop.com that customized authentics are only available in 58-60. I can't believe the NFL would do something that dumb - that's pushing sales away from their website.

Have you actually spoken with an NFLShop representative on the phone? I'd call them to validate what the website says before giving up.

=Z=
    Only for the Vikings. If you look at some of the other teams, like the Lions, the authentics are available for all sizes (48-56).

My guess: The NFL (probably through the NFLPA) only allows a predetermined number of custom jerseys per season for each team to encourage sales of player jerseys.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni

desert47viking wrote:
    A 52 shouldn't be too big. My TINY little sister has a 52 AP jersey, and it fits her big, but it's not like it's falling off her.

If I were you, just go with the 52. =)

Hope you get the jersey you want, and hopefully your hubby will like it!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Yeah...52 should be just fine.

I have a 52 and it fits lose but it's fine. The only thing that isn't right about mine is that it's a 52 +2length....so it's really long and hangs down to my ass cheeks. A regular 52 would be better for me since I'm not very tall, and I have a smaller frame, at 5'10.5" and 170 lbs.

I really wouldn't stress much over the 52.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

This is what a 52 looks like on a 5' 10" 170 pound guy. (guy on the right, looking down)

Keep in mind this one is the extra long one.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NodakPaul wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    desert47viking wrote:

=Z=
    Only for the Vikings. If you look at some of the other teams, like the Lions, the authentics are available for all sizes (48-56).

My guess: The NFL (probably through the NFLPA) only allows a predetermined number of custom jerseys per season for each team to encourage sales of player jerseys.
    I don't see that, as usually the only player jerseys available are Peterson, and throwback Krause and Page. The home Peterson's only available in 54, the away only in 52. Perhaps they're just sold out of other sizes.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

where you do live? If you are local then there is Vikings locker room which you can order from. Also check again on nflshop.com I thought I saw something the other day that the cut=off day for standard shipping was coming up.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast