Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Authentic Jerseys $40-45

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If it is, I still saved over $200 on the jersey. Who cares? It's still a great jersey & I'm supporting my team.
    I'm with Singer on this one.
    The jersey I got off from ebay is better than any jersey I have ever bought before for twice the price.
    I agree also.
    Saved about $150 on mine and it looks just as good.
    Now when the stitching starts falling apart I may have another view but for now I'm happy.
    ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"scottishvike" wrote:
    If you are buying a fake are you not depriving the team of cash they would have made from a genuine jersey? There is also the question of how the workers that make these jerseys are treated and paid.
    Possibly.
    I don't know how much money, if any, the teams make on jersey sales.
    I do know that it affects the players though.

The players union receives 8.5 percent of each jersey's wholesale price, and players receive 75 percent of that amount, or 6/375 % of the sale price of the jersey.
    had I not bought my ebay jersey, I would have purchased a replica for $75, so that means that AP lost $4.78 on my jersey sale.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If it is, I still saved over $200 on the jersey. Who cares? It's still a great jersey & I'm supporting my team.
    Agree 100%. I would rather have a fake that looks sweet compared to the junky replicas.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I'm on the fence with this one.
    Yeah I would like to spend cheap money on a nice looking jersey. But at the same time Buying something that is illegal. I guess I would have to ask people would you buy something with money that you knew was counterfeit? If other people do it. That is their choice, I just don'yt know if I can or not. Just my 2 cents

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The nfl got smart and started making those replithentic type ones. They sell them at the Vikings locker room. They have stitched on numbers and names and stuff but are a little worse quality than the $300.00 replicas. They go for about 100.. My brother got an Adrian Peterson one in white while we were up in Minnesota and it's held up really well.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    Yeah I would like to spend cheap money on a nice looking jersey. But at the same time Buying something that is illegal. I guess I would have to ask people would you buy something with money that you knew was counterfeit? If other people do it. That is their choice, I just don'yt know if I can or not. Just my 2 cents
    It is NOT illegal to buy or possess counterfeit items.
    It IS illegal to sell them, even if you don't try and pass them off as real.
    A fine distinction, I know, but an important one.
    At least to me.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    At least to me.
    True, but if you are buying a counterfeit item, you are helping someone break the law.
    While I don't think you can get in legal trouble, I think you do have to have some bad feelings about helping someone do something wrong.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"Eyedea" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    At least to me.
    True, but if you are buying a counterfeit item, you are helping someone break the law.
    While I don't think you can get in legal trouble, I think you do have to have some bad feelings about helping someone do something wrong.
    I hope neither you or Garland Greene have ever downloaded a song, went over the speed limit, or even so much have written a bad check. Those are truly "illegal" things that probably most of the people on here do or have done. So by buying a non-authentic jersey, you're really a small fish in a big pond of crimes.

Although it won't hurt me any. If I can get a quality jersey for cheap, show me where to sign. God forbid I take away some profit from Nike, the NFL, and other multi-billion dollar organizations. Besides, it's not like some counterfeit jerseys are really going to put a dent in the NFL's budget. Same with Nike and Reebok.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I can get y'all 'real' rolex watches for about $10...er ah....$40.
    Just send me a p.m. with your address, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, mother's maiden name, SSN, and the name of your first born.
    I'll even pay for the postage.
    [s]Give me your work and home address, and work and home phone number and I will send that all to you.[/s]

Wait, you quit your job....never mind

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    If you are buying a fake are you not depriving the team of cash they would have made from a genuine jersey? There is also the question of how the workers that make these jerseys are treated and paid.
    Possibly.
    I don't know how much money, if any, the teams make on jersey sales.
    I do know that it affects the players though.

The players union receives 8.5 percent of each jersey's wholesale price, and players receive 75 percent of that amount, or 6/375 % of the sale price of the jersey.
    had I not bought my ebay jersey, I would have purchased a replica for $75, so that means that AP lost $4.78 on my jersey sale.
    I think he'll be able to squeak buy on the $4.78 less he'll get from your jersey purchase.

Give him $5 to sign it & tell him he'll still be be money ahead.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123