purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Any PP.Oers interested in playoff tickets at face price???

Here's the deal...

Many of you know me.
    I'm a season ticket holder with upper deck nosebleeds in the end zone corner...Section 213, Row 25, Seats 11-12.
    Once again as Christmas time rolls near, our family finds ourselves in a money crunch.
    I'd be hard pressed to find the money to pay for playoff tickets if the invoice came to my house today, and I'd certainly be forced to re-sell the tickets as opposed to making the trip up there.
    But, with a possible Super Bowl berth suddenly looking very promising, I don't want to lose out on the chance of winning the right to purchase two SB tickets if I get lucky in the season ticket holder lottery should the Vikings reach the big one.

So I'm posting this thread to see if there are any PP.Oers who would be interested in "fronting" me the money for the tickets to the Vikings first round playoff game at the Metrodome.
    Of course, you would receive the tickets in exchange for the cash!
    The Vikings haven't sent me an invoice yet for the tickets, so I have no idea how much they would be.
    As a season ticket holder, my tickets cost $25/seat for the regular season.
    Seems to me like last season, my wild card round playoff game tickets went for something like $62.50 each.

As of right now, this offer is only for the Vikings first round game.
    Should the Vikings host the NFC Championship Game, I plan on finding the money to buy the tickets for that game and attending in person, though I'd certainly consider selling my second seat for that game at face price to whomever buys my first roudn game tickets should they also want to go to the NFCCG.
    I only hope the Vikings let we season ticket holders "pay as you go" for the two games this year like they did last year.
    That way, I wouldn't have to pay for the NFCCG tickets until the Vikings win their first game.

I will say that I would prefer that the tickets go to a long-time poster here, probably one who isn't already a season ticket holder but that comes to the games and PP.O tailgates regularly by buying up other individual tickets.
    So this isn't necessarily first-come, first served.
    Like I said, the tickets are up high in the upper deck in the end zone corner, but I think they have a great view and you know a lot of the other tickets in the building will be jacked up way high pricewise, so this might be a great deal for someone who wants to go to the game but can't afford and arm and a leg.
    And as far as the $25 seats in the dome go, these are about the best you can get.

If anyone is interested, please post here.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Any PP.Oers interested in playoff tickets at face price???

I want them!!

Re:Any PP.Oers interested in playoff tickets at face price???

What would the cost be to the person 'fronting' you the money? I sit next to a season ticket holder, and i believe he said it would be $120 for him. His 2nd ticket is sold, or i'd be buying it.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    What would the cost be to the person 'fronting' you the money? I sit next to a season ticket holder, and i believe he said it would be $120 for him. His 2nd ticket is sold, or i'd be buying it.
    I've sent you a PM regarding this.

There is also a later thread discussing this.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/38-tix-a-such/1023513-playoff-tickets-anybody-need-any

My financial fortunes have changed slightly and I am purchasing my own seats for both games. However, I am able to order up to four "extra" tickets for both games if I get my request in no later than Dec 14th. One poster on the board has two of these extras spoken for already. If you are interested in tickets, you need to contact me ASAP.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

purplepat wrote:
    STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    I've sent you a PM regarding this.

There is also a later thread discussing this.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/38-tix-a-such/1023513-playoff-tickets-anybody-need-any

My financial fortunes have changed slightly and I am purchasing my own seats for both games. However, I am able to order up to four "extra" tickets for both games if I get my request in no later than Dec 14th. One poster on the board has two of these extras spoken for already. If you are interested in tickets, you need to contact me ASAP.
    Let me know before you place that order!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Now that Christmas is over (and secrets don't have to be kept), I figured I'd just post that posters "psugirl" and "hooeypooey" will be attending the Vikings home playoff game (and with some luck, maybe the NFCCG as well). "psugirl" got seats in Section 210, Row 11, and "hooeypooey" got seats in Section 210, Row 25...both probably sitting right around the 40 yard line as I figure it. Hope to get to meet them at the Purplepride tailgate party!
    SKOL VIKINGS!