Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    ArmyBengal is offline Training Camp

Re: 2009 Bengals vs. Vikings Tickets

I think Housh was a great player and Carson loved him as his primary 3rd down target.
    However, I think the addition of L. Coles from the Jets was good for us as well.
    He has been a #1 WR in the past and him and Chad should create problems for defenses.
    That and we still have idiot Henry, who besides his stupidity, is a talented WR.
    We also drafted Caldwell out of Florida the year before who is a TJ clone and has played well to this point.

I'm nowhere concerned about our WR corps in the least.
    The o-line gelling with new players at new positions ??
    Yeah color me concerned...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ArmyBengal" wrote:
    I keep checking in and appreciate the advice from you guys !!!
    My buddy Super Rand says I should get a Carson Palmer Jersey.....
    I think I should get a JT Osullivan jersey (#4)......

My son came up with a good idea.....Get a LNAD #4 and put one of these .......

........over the number and have LNAD sewn in instead of Favre.......

What do you think?
    Instead of a JTO jersey, why not a JDB jersey.
    Still number 4, and more people would get the reference.
    That or the just say no jersey would both make a statement .........
    Kindof what I am thinking of doing.

.........without turning your back on the team.
    Not turning my back on the team.
    Just taking a brief hiatus so to speak.

I am sure my lone voice won't be missed, what with all the new Chucklehead LNAD supporters that will migrate to e page when he arrives.........;D ;D ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    As to 2009 - I think the loss of Housh will really hurt your offense.
    9-7 would be amazing.

=Z=
    TJ is a great player, but the Bengals DID sign Laverneus Coles to replace him.
    Coles isn't exactly chopped liver.
    I don't think the Bengals offense will suffer much as a result.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Just checking back in...
    I've been looking for tickets, but nothing has jumped out at me yet.
    We are still planning on making the trip us, so we will see how the ticket hunting goes.

As for TJ, yeah, he's a good WR who will do well wherever he goes, but for him to claim him and Hasselbeck are going to have top 5 years at their positions, while taking the Seahawks to the playoff, and going to the pro bowl as a tandem seems a bit on the lofty side of expectations.
    I think Chad rubbed off on him a bit to much.

Anyway, we did get Coles to replace him and most people regard that as an upgrade to the position as Coles has in fact been a true #1 WR many years before.
    I think we at least broke even in the deal of replacing TJ.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Tickets for this game should be easy to come by, and for a reasonable price.
    I wouldn't worry about it at all.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    As to 2009 - I think the loss of Housh will really hurt your offense.
    9-7 would be amazing.

=Z=
    TJ is a great player, but the Bengals DID sign Laverneus Coles to replace him.
    Coles isn't exactly chopped liver.
    I don't think the Bengals offense will suffer much as a result.

And Palmer is coming back

Ok, I waited to post this until I got tickets because I didn't want someone changing their minds, but my tickets came yesterday.
    They are a little higher than I wanted, but the whole family is making a long weekend of it up in Minneapolis and with Christmas coming, I was trying to just get to the game on the cheap.

Anyway, my wife and I will be sitting in section 220 row 20 or 21 I think.
    I was kind of surprised to tell you the truth, because the tickets apparently have a face value of $40.00 a piece and I got both tickets for $41.00 total on Ebay.

Anyway, we are both really looking forward to coming up there for the weekend as we haven't been up there before and I can't wait to see the game.
    I enjoy going to other stadiums to watch games and meeting fans of other teams.

So, Marrdro what's up with your Bengals buddies and tailgating ??
    Anyway, I'll be wearing my orange Rey Maualuga jersey and am hoping to not have to much beer thrown on me.
    I'm sure there won't be many of us Bengals fans there, so if you see me, give a shout out.

The season is going well for us to this point and while the last minute comebacks are fun to watch and the team is showing a lot of heart, I'm not one to sit and claim we are on our way to the Super Bowl or some crap like that.
    In all honesty, we could just as easily be 1-4 as 4-1.
    We have had really strong showings at Green Bay, at Baltimore, and home against the Steelers, so there's something to be said for that and I know you guys HAD to be loving us beating the Packers right ??

Looking at our upcoming matchup at this point, I would say we don't match up that well with the balance the Vikings are playing with right now on both sides of the ball, but we still have time to fix some of the problems we have been having and I'm hoping things continue the way they have so the game becomes that much more interesting.
    I'm sure most Vikings fans weren't (and maybe still aren't) to worried about the Bengals, but they have been putting things together nicely and the defense (yeah I said the defense) has been keeping them in the games and giving them the chance to make the comebacks they have.

Anyway, thanks to whoever sold us the tickets on the cheap if you are on this board and I'm looking forward to making the trip up there for the game.
    Good luck up to the 13th of December !!!

ArmyBengal (Mark)

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ArmyBengal" wrote:
    Ok, I waited to post this until I got tickets because I didn't want someone changing their minds, but my tickets came yesterday.
    They are a little higher than I wanted, but the whole family is making a long weekend of it up in Minneapolis and with Christmas coming, I was trying to just get to the game on the cheap.

Anyway, my wife and I will be sitting in section 220 row 20 or 21 I think.
    I was kind of surprised to tell you the truth, because the tickets apparently have a face value of $40.00 a piece and I got both tickets for $41.00 total on Ebay.

Anyway, we are both really looking forward to coming up there for the weekend as we haven't been up there before and I can't wait to see the game.
    I enjoy going to other stadiums to watch games and meeting fans of other teams.

So, Marrdro what's up with your Bengals buddies and tailgating ??
    Anyway, I'll be wearing my orange Rey Maualuga jersey and am hoping to not have to much beer thrown on me.
    I'm sure there won't be many of us Bengals fans there, so if you see me, give a shout out.

The season is going well for us to this point and while the last minute comebacks are fun to watch and the team is showing a lot of heart, I'm not one to sit and claim we are on our way to the Super Bowl or some crap like that.
    In all honesty, we could just as easily be 1-4 as 4-1.
    We have had really strong showings at Green Bay, at Baltimore, and home against the Steelers, so there's something to be said for that and I know you guys HAD to be loving us beating the Packers right ??

Looking at our upcoming matchup at this point, I would say we don't match up that well with the balance the Vikings are playing with right now on both sides of the ball, but we still have time to fix some of the problems we have been having and I'm hoping things continue the way they have so the game becomes that much more interesting.
    I'm sure most Vikings fans weren't (and maybe still aren't) to worried about the Bengals, but they have been putting things together nicely and the defense (yeah I said the defense) has been keeping them in the games and giving them the chance to make the comebacks they have.

Anyway, thanks to whoever sold us the tickets on the cheap if you are on this board and I'm looking forward to making the trip up there for the game.
    Good luck up to the 13th of December !!!

ArmyBengal (Mark)
    Endzone seats, under the scoreboard.
    You will like them.
    There isn't a bad seat in the [s]Metrodome[/s] Mall of America Field

The best thing about endzone seats is you will get to see the holes open up that you never get to see on TV.
    And you will have enough of an angle that vertical perception shouldn't be a problem.
    Looking for ward to seeing you at tailgating for the game!
    Everyone is welcome at PP.O tailgating, even the misguided fans of our opponents.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

green hornet is offline Starter

I was at the packers bengals game. I was very surprised by the number of bengals fans there. Probably was pushing 6000 thousand.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345