Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2009 Bengals vs. Vikings Tickets

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=51520.msg936616#msg936616 date=1240325786]
    There are very vew bad seats in the metrodome.
    I personally like upper deck, low row.
    I think it gives you the best view of the field.
    Aren't you trying to get into the lower bowl this year?
    I didn't see Nodak say he was going to upgrade. I tried just to see what they had to offer.
    Ticket office called and offered me the upgrade to the lower bowl. Row 20 something, SEC. 105.
    I respectfully declined. Row 4 SEC. 204 is much better. Less steps to tumble down if I take the big dive.
    I did actually upgrade just a few minutes ago.
    Sec 123 Row 23 (from Sec 224 row 3).

SO a pretty similar upgrade to what they offered you, jargomcfargo.
    I was a little apprehensive, but Mrs Nodak REALLY wanted to try lower level tickets this year.
    I made sure that I could "upgrade" back to the upper level next year if I didn't like them.
    Can we still talk to you at the tailgate? Or are you heading over to the VIP tent?
    lol.
    I actually have a feeling that my seats last year offered a better view... but we'll see.
    And I don't think that they allow jello shots in the VIP tent, so you won't find me there.

BTW - Zeus will be happy to hear that I finally figured out how to make jello shots slide right out without making them oily... it is a special mixture of water and cooking spray, and I tested it at my buddy's Super Bowl party.
    [/quote]

I never had any problems getting them out.
    It's the plastic cups that suck.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    I didn't see Nodak say he was going to upgrade. I tried just to see what they had to offer.
    Ticket office called and offered me the upgrade to the lower bowl. Row 20 something, SEC. 105.
    I respectfully declined. Row 4 SEC. 204 is much better. Less steps to tumble down if I take the big dive.

I was a little apprehensive, but Mrs Nodak REALLY wanted to try lower level tickets this year.
    I made sure that I could "upgrade" back to the upper level next year if I didn't like them.
    Can we still talk to you at the tailgate? Or are you heading over to the VIP tent?
    lol.
    I actually have a feeling that my seats last year offered a better view... but we'll see.

And I don't think that they allow jello shots in the VIP tent, so you won't find me there.

[/quote]

I think you'll find that to be true when the action is at the opposite end of the field, but will enjoy it more when the action is at your end.

IMO, a better upgrade would have been to stay in the lower rows of the upper level, but move around the corner to the sideline sections closer to the 50.

Of course, that would have meant an increase in price.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ArmyBengal is offline Training Camp

Holy sh*t, great replies...

My next door neighbor here in Sioux Falls is a huge Vikings fan and we are already talking it up as well.
    Getting Housh would have been very interesting, but that's neither here nor there now.

I'll look into different places to stay and thanks for the tips there as well.
    I will definitely get back with some of you in regards to tailgating and those of you that have Bengals fans that you hang with.

I love going to the games and have no issues going to opposing stadiums (well minus Philly)...
    Mrs. ArmyBengal and I are just looking for a good day watching the game, so thanks for the input !!!

On a side note:
    We have a bunch of holes right now with the o-line, RB, and getting stronger in the middle of our d-line, but with Carson healthy and an improved o-line, we should at least make the game more interesting.

If Carson goes down in a bloody mess before the game, at least we have, um, well, er...
    At least there will be next year !!!
    Thanks again and talk to you guys later...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

BTW - Zeus will be happy to hear that I finally figured out how to make jello shots slide right out without making them oily... it is a special mixture of water and cooking spray, and I tested it at my buddy's Super Bowl party.
    [/quote]

I love you.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=51520.msg936707#msg936707 date=1240335068]

=Z=

[/quote]

I love you.
    [/quote]

It's good to be appreciated...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

=Z=

[/quote]

I love you.
    [/quote]
    get a room

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=51520.msg936789#msg936789 date=1240344265]

=Z=

[/quote]

I love you.
    [/quote]
    get a room
    [/quote]

I love you too.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Just my two cents worth from the upper deck nosebleeds...

Generally speaking, you don't want to get stuck behind a pole, but depending on how sold out the game is, they can be very good seats for the price.
    In some cases, your "limited view" only obstructs something like your view of 10% of one end zone corner.
    If you can get seats around midfield that don't block much more of your view than that, those would be hard to beat.
    Unfortunately, buying tickets like that on eBay you'll get no guarantees of just how badly your view might be limited.

Also, I don't believe the limited view seats begin until something like row 27 or 28 of the upper deck (Singer could probably verify exactly what row they start at).
    There are 31 rows in the upper deck, and most of the seats even in those upper rows are not limited view.
    Some ticket reselling sites like StubHub, RazorGator, and the Vikings Ticket Exchange tell ticket sellers that they are supposed to disclose whether tickets are limited view or not, but again, I don't know if there are any guarantees as such.
    I certainly wouldn't try to snag last minute tickets from one of those sites and depend on the seller disclosing that fact.
    You want enough time for the ticket agency to correct that situation if it comes up.

I won't deny that in general, lower is better (especially in the upper deck).
    But this will be my tenth year as a season ticket holder, every season in row 26 or 25 of the upper deck.
    You just can't beat the combination of the value and the view.
    My tickets cost me $25 each (I think the box office face price is $30).
    The folks in the row right below me pay $50 each
    ($60 B.O.).
    ArmyBengal, if you are willing to pay up to, say $75 a ticket, you should be able to find plenty of tickets in the upper deck, and maybe some in the lower deck in the end zone and corners.
    In fact, that $75 should buy you some pretty low upper deck tickets in the corners and end zone areas.
    A lot will depend on how well the Vikings are playing relative to their playoff hopes.
    From my ticket selling experience, I'd say the Bengals game would be in very low demand as far as Vikings fans go and you should be able to find plenty of cheap tickets to the game online if you wait to buy tickets until well into the season.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

ArmyBengal is offline Training Camp

I keep checking in and appreciate the advice from you guys !!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ArmyBengal" wrote:
    I keep checking in and appreciate the advice from you guys !!!
    My buddy Super Rand says I should get a Carson Palmer Jersey.....
    I think I should get a JT Osullivan jersey (#4)......

My son came up with a good idea.....Get a LNAD #4 and put one of these .......

........over the number and have LNAD sewn in instead of Favre.......

What do you think?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast