Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 2 Sec 107 Row 1 aisle seats for the Seahawks game.

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    I didn't and do not care what their names are. All i was saying, is i'd be a little leary about the same person bidding 3 times in 40 seconds. I suppose there has to be a reason, but the mystery is what is it.

Why would you have to send it overnight, the games in 3 weeks. IF i was going to buy the tickets, i'd pay for priority mail and insurance, but overnight and tracking are overkill, to me at least. Who ever buys them, enjoy.
    That is just an auto bid.
    There was probably a secondary auto bid program running the price up to $9.00, waiting 15 seconds between each bid.
    Each time, slyoun1's auto bid incremented until it was higher.
    The secondary bidding program never shows because it never got above slyoun1's original auto bid amount.
    It is fairly common.

Why are you concerned about this auction anyway?
    BTW, they have an option to list lowest price for Bid amount + shipping, so it isn't like people are getting screwed here...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

St Cloud why are u so concerned about how he does business?

"V4L" wrote:
    St Cloud why are u so concerned about how he does business?

Trying not to be rude V4L, but this is between him and me.
    Mind your own business, go have a drink.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"JeffSeimon" wrote:
    I didn't and do not care what their names are. All i was saying, is i'd be a little leary about the same person bidding 3 times in 40 seconds. I suppose there has to be a reason, but the mystery is what is it.

Why would you have to send it overnight, the games in 3 weeks. IF i was going to buy the tickets, i'd pay for priority mail and insurance, but overnight and tracking are overkill, to me at least. Who ever buys them, enjoy.
    The bidder you are wondering about bid $2.00,$5.00,and $9.00 on these tickets.That tells me he is an idiot and not worth wondering about.
    Overkill,maybe.I have sold on eBay for over ten years and have had items lost through Priority and lesser ways.Its rare but it happens.The members of PPO I have met are great folks and I would hate for that to happen.
    This is not real hard to get around if one takes the time to think a little.The tickets started out with NO RESERVE!
    Say a bidder is willing to give $100 for these tickets plus $1.00 for shipping,bid $81.00

I am certainly not trying to screw someone over.
    I gave a PPO member I had never met a playoff ticket last season,guess I should have given these away as well.

BTW,I offered PPO members free Priority Mail,First Class,or a stamp.If they want express its 20 bucks.
    You are doing it right man....don't listen to the insanity.
    This isn't rocket science and I am glad you'd put it in overnights with tracking numbers that don't get mysteriously "lost".
    Then people would be pissed.

Carry on.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"JeffSeimon" wrote:
    "green" wrote:
    yeah, talk about scalping. Pretty sad when you need to scalp shipping costs. Priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance would only cost about 12
    Scalp shipping cost? I can just laugh.Express shipping is $17.50 from Ringling,Ok(73463) to Minneapolis.

If the winner wants Priority Mail,First Class,or just a stamp Ill ship them for free.Express Mail will be $20.00
    Those costs are about right for overnight shipping, but why the need to ship them that way?

The auction ends Nov. 7th & the game is played Nov. 22nd, so there is no need to ship them overnight in this case.

Some bidders like myself. look at shipping costs & take them into consideration when they bid. As both a buyer & a seller of hundreds of tix, I can advise you that the best way to ship in this case, IMO, is USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation/tracking. The confirmation/tracking protects you as the seller, in case a buyer claims that he didn't receive them. Cost for that was $6.50 last time I shipped that way.

A $6.50 price tag on your auction will attract more buyers than a $17.50 price tag. If you want, you can list more than 1 shipping option in your auction & let the buyer decide for himself.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"JeffSeimon" wrote:

The bidder you are wondering about bid $2.00,$5.00,and $9.00 on these tickets.That tells me he is an idiot and not worth wondering about.
    +1

Any bidder starting out the opening bid with $9.50 or even $2.00 when all that is required is an opening bid of $0.01 is an idiot, IMO. It just drives the final price up more. Granted it will more than likely get there (although I have bid & won 4 tickets for less than $1 a few times before) but it shows to others that their are others also interested in the tickets & their final bid will reflect that.

Me, I have a set price in mind at the beginning of an auction, if I am the first bidder, I open with the asking bid. If there is already a bid placed, I simply "watch it" & don't bid until the auction is in it's waning seconds.

I have tickets to every game this year except the Seahawks & have paid less than face value for every game I bought off eBay with the exception of the Lions game where I paid $50.06 for tickets with a face value of $50.00.

So far this year I paid $1,644.16 less than face value for the tickets (26) I bought for the preseason games & $230.67 less than face value for the tickets (25) I bought for the regular season games of which, only 2 sets were higher up than row 18 in the upper deck.

JeffSeimon is offline Starter

Singer,

I can no longer change the shipping cost since there is already a bid.

I did add the Priority option to the description.

If a PPO winner wants Priority it is free.

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    You know... I don't get why people question and criticize sellers... if you don't like something don't buy it, its as simple as that.
    that's like telling an idiot they're an idiot. Have you ever tried it? It's like speaking German to them. They just look at you funny and then continue on complaining about life until it's 10 PM and time to go to bed
    Sean Saunders

"CulpepperViking16" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    You know... I don't get why people question and criticize sellers... if you don't like something don't buy it, its as simple as that.
    that's like telling an idiot they're an idiot. Have you ever tried it? It's like speaking German to them. They just look at you funny and then continue on complaining about life until it's 10 PM and time to go to bed
    Ich verstehe zweifellos den

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234