Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Yet another Percy Harvin signature request...

"PurpleTide" wrote:

I think by week 10, about 1 third the sig's here will feature PH. The kid is gonna light it up for us... ;D
    I think that there are going to be a lot of disappointed PPOers if they don't temper their expectations a bit.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

I think by week 10, about 1 third the sig's here will feature PH. The kid is gonna light it up for us... ;D
    I think that there are going to be a lot of disappointed PPOers if they don't temper their expectations a bit.

=Z=
    Not knowing much about his collegiate career (was well aware of his high school exploits) I was kindof up and down on the kid leading up to the draft.

Been some good stuff on him here in the 757 of late.
    Hoping it all holds true.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Not knowing much about his collegiate career (was well aware of his high school exploits) I was kindof up and down on the kid leading up to the draft.

;D
    History shows us that rookie WRs struggle in the NFL.
    Add in that defenses are exponentially faster in the NFL than in college and a lot of that speed stuff that allowed him to dance through the SEC will be negated.

My honest prediction is 35-45 catches, 3-5 receiving TDs, maybe another 3-5 on running plays and that he will NOT end up as the return guy (since he's NEVER returned kicks or punts).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

;D
    Add in that defenses are exponentially faster in the NFL than in college and a lot of that speed stuff that allowed him to dance through the SEC will be negated.

My honest prediction is 35-45 catches, 3-5 receiving TDs, maybe another 3-5 on running plays and that he will NOT end up as the return guy (since he's NEVER returned kicks or punts).

=Z=
    A valid point but I worry more about his route running than I do his speed.
    Lets not forget that the collegiate team he played for doesn't run/practice the traditional route tree used in the NFL.

Add that to the precise route running required in the WCO and I see a huge potential for alot of balls getting popped into the air or just flat off target because the kid isn't were he is/was supposed to be.

Still all in all, he should add for a bit of excitement this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

;D

=Z=
    Lets not forget that the collegiate team he played for doesn't run/practice the traditional route tree used in the NFL.

Add that to the precise route running required in the WCO and I see a huge potential for alot of balls getting popped into the air or just flat off target because the kid isn't were he is/was supposed to be.

On his Pro-Day Percy ran the route tree for NFL scouts, and they were all pleasantly surprised that he is versed in route running, and can only get better. I know I look at the world in my purple shades, especially this time of year, but I expect great things from not only PH, but our whole darn offense is going to be better.

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=PurpleTide link=topic=51953.msg951860#msg951860 date=1243359387]

;D

=Z=

On his Pro-Day Percy ran the route tree for NFL scouts, and they were all pleasantly surprised that he is versed in route running, and can only get better. I know I look at the world in my purple shades, especially this time of year, but I expect great things from not only PH, but our whole darn offense is going to be better.
    [/quote]
    I found that very interesting when it hit the streets as well, however, I focused on two things.......

They actually wanted to see if he could run the tree.

They said they were suprised at how well he did, but he needed to get better.

I am sure that someone worked with him as they prepped him for the workouts/prodays so that he could do (1) and it shows he is coachable/can learn with respect to (2).

Course, all the piss test stuff hit the fan and I was back off him again.
    ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123