Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    boognish is offline Coordinator

Where can I find stats?

Have any of you found a site where one can find statistics for offensive linemen? NFL.com, FoxSports, etc... only have games played; I'm looking for sacks allowed, pancakes, and/or the grades assigned by coaches and analysts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Del Rio Guest

Re: Where can I find stats?

From looking around here a bit it seems most stats can be found up peoples asses.

I wouldn't suggest looking for them there though.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

All Players........awesome!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    From looking around here a bit it seems most stats can be found up peoples asses.

I wouldn't suggest looking for them there though.

:lol: Speaking from the heart I see...

Lots of good stats on that page, but they still only have # of games started as the stat for offensive linemen. Maybe there isn't a place to look up stats for those positions. Seems crazy though; how are you supposed to evaluate individual OL-men on a team?

I was particularly interested in comparing McKinnie's performance last season during the Culpecker starts and the Big Johnson starts. You would think there would be a place to at least see how many "sacks allowed" were attributed to each guy.
    I am a dipshit!!!

"boognish" wrote:
    Lots of good stats on that page, but they still only have # of games started as the stat for offensive linemen. Maybe there isn't a place to look up stats for those positions. Seems crazy though; how are you supposed to evaluate individual OL-men on a team?

I was particularly interested in comparing McKinnie's performance last season during the Culpecker starts and the Big Johnson starts. You would think there would be a place to at least see how many "sacks allowed" were attributed to each guy.

Try snowinapril's link, it looks pretty good. You may be able to find what you are looking for there..

Del Rio Guest

The only stats that pertain to an O-lineman are how big he is.

The only way I know how to make the comparison you are looking for is to watch the games again and focus as much attention on him as possible.

"Del Rio" wrote:

The only way I know how to make the comparison you are looking for is to watch the games again and focus as much attention on him as possible.
    Yeah, looks like you might be right. You always hear in press conferences after games how the coaches "grade" the OL players; it would be nice if you could at least find those "grades" somewhere online.

I'm having this ongoing debate with a Pecker fan who thinks McKinnie is the biggest waste of flesh in the league and cites all the sacks Dainty took as proof. I have a feeling that his performance went up dramatically once Johnson took over and we had a QB who didn't hold onto the ball for 15 seconds after each snap. Unfortunately, it seems to be impossible to come up with any numbers about OL-men, except their height, weight, and shoe size. :evil:
    I am a dipshit!!!

"boognish" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Yeah, looks like you might be right. You always hear in press conferences after games how the coaches "grade" the OL players; it would be nice if you could at least find those "grades" somewhere online.

I'm having this ongoing debate with a Pecker fan who thinks McKinnie is the biggest waste of flesh in the league and cites all the sacks Dainty took as proof. I have a feeling that his performance went up dramatically once Johnson took over and we had a QB who didn't hold onto the ball for 15 seconds after each snap. Unfortunately, it seems to be impossible to come up with any numbers about OL-men, except their height, weight, and shoe size. :evil:

Debating with a Cheese fan is nearly impossible.. As far as they are concerned, they have the best players, best team, best stadium, best fans, ect.... We will see how much they brag when they are in the cellar once again.. :grin:

Del Rio Guest

I happen to think he is over rated myself and I have seen him have problems with faster ends in the league. He doesn't have the quickness to get in front of them.

I wouldn't say you could prove he was bad by how many sacks happened to Daunte though lol. I definately wouldn't say he is the biggest waste of space in the NFL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast