Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

when does the pain go away???

hey guys. a while back o posted a thread about my football team, how we had high hopes for this year, me being a senior and all that. i thought i'd update you guys on how the mechanicsburg season went. I ended up getting voted captain, the only linemen to get voted too, along with 4 of my best friends. truth be told every single one of my teamates is my best friend, we've gone through hell for each other. i was a two way starter at guard and defensive end at 185 pounds. i also played all special teams.
    Well anyways we had our eyes set on a state title, the first for our school in anything. We ended up going 10-0 in the regular season having the best offense of the area. we won our conference as ohc champs. We then won our first 2 playoff games by a combined score of 83-14. no team had ever made it past the third round. as sophmores we saw one of the best teams to ever come out of here lose in this same round. well we played one of our worst games had 5 turnovers and lost 28-14. It was a crushing defeat and i don't know if i'll ever get over it. we wanted state more than anything... for four years we had sacrificed everything to accomplish this goal. and in the ned it wasn't enough. It's been 4 weeks and i still relive that game every single day. i just wanted to ask anybody on here who has played highschool football when you stop thinking about it.

Me and my senior buddys left as the alltime winningest class with a 40-9 record our four years of high school football.

Factor in our junior high years and we were 55-10 over 6 years.

we left as having won the most games ever in one season at 12-1

we were only the second team ever to reach the 3rd round

we made the playoffs every year

we had the most yards ever on offense and scored the second most points ever.

still none of this seems to help ya know?? ha ha if your interested this is the website www.burgfootball.com

woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: when does the pain go away???

"mr.woo" wrote:
    hey guys. a while back o posted a thread about my football team, how we had high hopes for this year, me being a senior and all that. i thought i'd update you guys on how the mechanicsburg season went. I ended up getting voted captain, the only linemen to get voted too, along with 4 of my best friends. truth be told every single one of my teamates is my best friend, we've gone through hell for each other. i was a two way starter at guard and defensive end at 185 pounds. i also played all special teams.
    Well anyways we had our eyes set on a state title, the first for our school in anything. We ended up going 10-0 in the regular season having the best offense of the area. we won our conference as ohc champs. We then won our first 2 playoff games by a combined score of 83-14. no team had ever made it past the third round. as sophmores we saw one of the best teams to ever come out of here lose in this same round. well we played one of our worst games had 5 turnovers and lost 28-14. It was a crushing defeat and i don't know if i'll ever get over it. we wanted state more than anything... for four years we had sacrificed everything to accomplish this goal. and in the ned it wasn't enough. It's been 4 weeks and i still relive that game every single day. i just wanted to ask anybody on here who has played highschool football when you stop thinking about it.

Me and my senior buddys left as the alltime winningest class with a 40-9 record our four years of high school football.

Factor in our junior high years and we were 55-10 over 6 years.

we left as having won the most games ever in one season at 12-1

we were only the second team ever to reach the 3rd round

we made the playoffs every year

we had the most yards ever on offense and scored the second most points ever.

still none of this seems to help ya know?? ha ha if your interested this is the website www.burgfootball.com
    It depends on your love of the game. I played ball in NY and we beat a
    Canarsie team in 3X overtime to win a JV championship. Well Senior year we played them and got beat 42-6 in the playoffs. I still think about that game and wonder if I gave it my all. However, it will become less important as your life goes on. Your other accomplishments will be more important. Graduating from college, being successful in your career, and having kids. Trust me, this isn't the end of the world. You will look back and laugh at your time as a HS football player with your friends/ ex player in a few years.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't even remember highschool football anymore lol... but its been 4 years... it will be like the '98 Vikings team... you will never completely forget and something will always remind you.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i just wanted to ask anybody on here who has played highschool football when you stop thinking about it.
    For me, I never have quit thinking about it.
    My biggest regret in life is that I didn't have the talent to atleast get to the next (college) level.

Now all I can do is sit on some ole web page and talk about it like the yutz I am....... :'(

Massive quantities of beer helps though.... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

For me, I stopped when I broke my back playing hockey.....

Hockey was my passion, and my injury kept me from contact through football so I had no real choice... but it probably was about a year before it quit sucking...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

The pain goes away when you move on in life.
    At some point you will see football is not your life, but only a part of a larger picture.
    You will discover new passions and develop a new
    team (i.e. family)
    Yet one nice thing that never goes away are some of the lessons learned.
    You will carry with you, strong qualities from the grid iron.
    Qualities that will make you success in future endavours such as team work, commitment, and pride.
    While time heals all wounds, the passion that was presented by on the field will continue to give you tools to future success.
    i hope it helps, good luck

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I doubt it every going away completely. You will never forget that day or the rest of your time with the team.
    We're bringing purple back.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

at least you got to play bud..

i didnt realize i was in love with football until i realized i was a band nerd.

sad thing of it all, was that my band always played an annual football game, and i was the all star qb for my team all years.. even engineering a last minute td drive.

and throwing three td's in a choir vs band tie...

so at least you got to play, of which i'm jealous
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

How do they determine eligibility in your state? Could you all flunk the rest of the year so you have to retake your senior year?

Losing sucks but you can sometimes learn more from losing than winning.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

at least you didn't go 0-10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast