Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

What's With the Thread-Lock Nazi's ?

:lol: Sorry mods. I just had to start a thread that's sure to be locked. First of all let me apologize for the redundant threads that get started by individuals who don't look first to see if there is a thread on a subject before starting a new one. There HAVE BEEN some threads locked, though, that looked like they were adding a worthwhile dimension to something that's being discussed on page 22 of another thread. Some of us don't have an hour to read through to page 22 to dig up that worthwhile tidbit of information or opinion. It would be nice if better discretion is used before locking a thread. Be nice. :wink:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Excellent point, SKOL. It's much easier from a user standpoint to post on a thread that doesn't already have 400 replies.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I can understand your frustration SKOL. It is very hard to wade through 20+ pages of posts. But on the other hand, a lot of locked posts are just the same thing in a different post. Some people have to be the first to break the news, while others just like to read and then reply.

So, I do not have a definative answer for you. Some topics it is easy to tell why they got locked, others not.

I think that once this Randy things calms down a bit, life at PPD will once again return to normal.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think the mods have been very clear on the point: stop reposting the same comment over and over in a new thread. We don't need 40 Moss threads, 20 Fowler threads...when they say the exact same thing. So we merge or lock. If you have something different to say, it usually stands. But if you're the kinda guy that starts 11 threads everyday, you're watched more carefully I bet....(I'm looking at a few people) hahah

I'm looking down the threads now, and its not all that many. We'll keep it in mind though.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

If it's a new take on Moss, or Moss related, but not the SOS as the other threads, I'll let it go. But there's no need for 3-4 threads with the same people saying the exact same stuff.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I think there's only a couple different takes on Moss.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Moss leaving is the single biggest event since the 2000 Meadowlands Meltdown. There's bound to be a lot of interest in the subject, and many posts. The mods do a good job limiting the redundant threads (and there are a lot of them). As long as they let someone with a new spin on the subject start a new thread. If it's a subject that everyone's interested in, some levity on their parts might be necessary.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I agree Skol, but if it's the same chit different thread title, then the new one needs to go IMO.

Agreed... I hope I haven't made any enemies of the mods. 7 more posts and I'll be HOF. Maybe my title should be Rabble Rouser - jk (of course).

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We should start a race between you and casper to see who gets HOF first...he only has 9 more to go!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast