Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: What game should I get for our son.....

"Slade" wrote:
    Get him a Nintendo DS & get your self a PSP. Then your TV is free for other stuff! But here is my breakdown

Nintendo ~ Geared towards kids (Mario, Zelda, etc). Not a huge library of games
    PS2 ~ Huge library, dated graphics when compared to Gamecube or Xbox
    Xbox ~ Mostly for adults, best graphics & sound
    360 ~ Frickin' amazing......Call of Duty2, GRAW.....getting out of hand here. But I would get a PS2 to satisfy both of you. Alot of games for people of all ages. Hell, my fiancé hates the videogames until I got her hooked on karaoke Revolution!!
    Yeah i have one to in rap version.
    i stink but it's a lot of fun.
    i agree with you, the Ps2 has games for everybody, also you can play games from ps1 that are what? $10?

And what about taking your son to the mall and ask him what he wants?
    I bet he wats it all huh?
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If you get a PS2, get Smackdown VS Raw 2006.. It is a wrestling game, and is awesome, if you like wrestling..

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

buy him xbox and get him halo 2

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Any suggestions?
    "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson.

=Z=
    I'de agree with you 100% AWZeus.

Best thing for a young mind is a good book, or doing some constructive activities with Dad and Mom.

David has 3 honors certificates, as I type, hanging on the wall behind me over my office desk, he is also one of only 15 students in his grade level that was choosen to participate in an advanced edjucational program in our city where he and the others also go to school for the first 2 Saturdays every month. David, I've been told, is far and above his classmates in his studies and is a pleasure to have in their classes.

I'm very proud of him, and to this day we have never had any type of Nintendo games or PS in the house. But there are times when we visit others who have these type of games and he truly enjoys playing with them.

My wife and I have decided, he's earned the chance to have one, but at the same time we will decide just what games we let him have for the station......

Trust me, I'de be the first to box it up and throw it out if I noticed any troubles coming from it. But I also believe, kids should be let to be kids and learn as they grow. There is a good and bad to almost everything in life, if he has free time and has earned the right to play games at times, so be it......

Besides, Cajun said it right, Daddy wants to play some games also... :wink:

Thanks for all the other input by members here also.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

you could always get him madden too

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Any suggestions?

=Z=

Best thing for a young mind is a good book, or doing some constructive activities with Dad and Mom.

David has 3 honors certificates, as I type, hanging on the wall behind me over my office desk, he is also one of only 15 students in his grade level that was choosen to participate in an advanced edjucational program in our city where he and the others also go to school for the first 2 Saturdays every month. David, I've been told, is far and above his classmates in his studies and is a pleasure to have in their classes.

I'm very proud of him, and to this day we have never had any type of Nintendo games or PS in the house. But there are times when we visit others who have these type of games and he truly enjoys playing with them.

My wife and I have decided, he's earned the chance to have one, but at the same time we will decide just what games we let him have for the station......

Trust me, I'de be the first to box it up and throw it out if I noticed any troubles coming from it. But I also believe, kids should be let to be kids and learn as they grow. There is a good and bad to almost everything in life, if he has free time and has earned the right to play games at times, so be it......

Verry Nice said Ned.
    maybe you could get him a SNES?
    it's a kinda old school console but it rocks!
    the games are mostly puzzle, Super Mario and that kind of stuff.
    i can remember how thrilled i was when i was that age with a SNES.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Any suggestions?

=Z=

Glad to read all of that. My little one is 2 (almost 2 and a half!!!) and, while I love my PS2 and loved my Atari, way back when, I plan to limit her video game consumption to the minimum in favor of books and riding bikes and digging for worms and other mind-expanding things!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Any suggestions?

=Z=

Verry Nice said Ned.
    maybe you could get him a SNES?
    it's a kinda old school console but it rocks!
    the games are mostly puzzle, Super Mario and that kind of stuff.
    i can remember how thrilled i was when i was that age with a SNES.
    A SNES might not be a bad idea Ned. They're cheap and they're still a whole lotta fun! I beat Super Mario World last week for like the 100th time. :lol:

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

probably ps2 because you can find those cheap nowadays. think ebay. gotta vote for madden if you want to have fun with him.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Any suggestions?

=Z=

Glad to read all of that. My little one is 2 (almost 2 and a half!!!) and, while I love my PS2 and loved my Atari, way back when, I plan to limit her video game consumption to the minimum in favor of books and riding bikes and digging for worms and other mind-expanding things!

=Z=
    Good idea, my nephew is addicted to his gamecube, and he refuses to go outside or play with his toys. He says it's boring. :???:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast