Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    158

    SKOL means...

    SKOL-word for a salute or a toast, as to an admired person or group.


    Maybe it was just me, but I never knew what SKOL meant. Ofcourse, I knew it from the fight song but, never knew the definition.

    "Vikings Fans in the South, battling ignorance everywhere they go"

  2. #12
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    "shockzilla" wrote:
    Skol (written skål in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish, and sometimes "Skoal" in English) is the Norwegian/Swedish/Danish word for a salute or a toast, as to an admired person or group.
    I can see the fonts have been fucked up at some point.

    It should read skål

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #13
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    That's funny that I just saw this thread today because I just did a Wikipedia search on it last week.
    I originally thought the people saying it were in some kind of cult or something ;D
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    That's funny that I just saw this thread today because I just did a Wikipedia search on it last week.
    I originally thought the people saying it were in some kind of cult or something ;D
    Don't let them fool you with that stupd Norwegian/Swedish/Danish thing. That is nothing more than a smoke screen.

    It is part of the whole clique thing on here and is like thier secret handshake.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    That's funny that I just saw this thread today because I just did a Wikipedia search on it last week.
    I originally thought the people saying it were in some kind of cult or something ;D
    Don't let them fool you with that stupd Norwegian/Swedish/Danish thing. That is nothing more than a smoke screen.

    It is part of the whole clique thing on here and is like thier secret handshake.
    Marty, as far as you know, you're part of the clique.


    Of course, now that you're spilling the secrets, you might not be part of it any longer - not that they'll tell you.

    Personally, I'm a member of PPO with Prophet - that's just about enough organizations I want to share in common with that guy.
    When the black helicopters come, they're stopping by his house first.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    That's funny that I just saw this thread today because I just did a Wikipedia search on it last week.
    I originally thought the people saying it were in some kind of cult or something ;D
    Don't let them fool you with that stupd Norwegian/Swedish/Danish thing. That is nothing more than a smoke screen.

    It is part of the whole clique thing on here and is like thier secret handshake.
    Marty, as far as you know, you're part of the clique.


    Of course, now that you're spilling the secrets, you might not be part of it any longer - not that they'll tell you.

    Personally, I'm a member of PPO with Prophet - that's just about enough organizations I want to share in common with that guy.
    When the black helicopters come, they're stopping by his house first.

    =Z=
    That whole Clique thread was toooo funny.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Thats great COJO.
    Wonder how many PPO'rs will be trying this at the tailgate.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Thats great COJO.
    Wonder how many PPO'rs will be trying this at the tailgate.
    ;D
    That's too much work to remember....but I like it

  10. #20
    nickademus is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6

    Re:Want to know what "SKOL" means?

    lmao
    None

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. My NEW means of MOTIVATION...2009
    By bono in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 07:55 AM
  2. Glitch means you pay for gas you don't get
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 03:14 PM
  3. (Merged) SKOL means...
    By ultravikingfan in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 07:36 AM
  4. A game about nothing means something to Vikings' future
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 02:15 AM
  5. What SKOL means!
    By audioghost in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2005, 04:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •