Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I am going to potentially spend 100 dollars on the "Superfan" package on DirecTV and I want to see if it is really worth it.

    We really want the games in HD, which is why we would spend the 100 bucks for the Superfan package.

    My question is this: Do the Vikes usually broadcast in high def? Because the site says "up to 9 games a week in HD" and I don't want to get it and only get half of the Vikings games in HD.

    Can anyone help me out here?
    FOX broadcasts all NFL games in true wide-screen HD.

    CBS (at least in 2006) did not.
    They had HD for all the games, but only for certain higher-profile games each week did they originate the signal in true HD from the gamesite.

    ESPN & NBC (and I'm assuming NFLN) also do full true HD broadcasts, but that's because they only do one game a week.

    The Vikings will play 2 games on CBS this season:

    - Week 9 - SD @ MIN - 1pm EST - CBS


    - This game, given LT and the Chargers' profile, will be in HD, I guarantee it

    - Week 11 - OAK @ MIN - 1pm EST - CBS


    - This game, however, given how sucky the Raiders are, could be a candidate



    for CBS NOT to originate in HD

    You can tell if the game is in true HD most easily by whether or not it is letter-boxed on your HD channel.
    If the picture has CBS Sports boxes on both sides, then the signal is not originating in HD - it is being upconverted to an HD signal by CBS based on the standard input.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I am going to potentially spend 100 dollars on the "Superfan" package on DirecTV and I want to see if it is really worth it.

    We really want the games in HD, which is why we would spend the 100 bucks for the Superfan package.

    My question is this: Do the Vikes usually broadcast in high def? Because the site says "up to 9 games a week in HD" and I don't want to get it and only get half of the Vikings games in HD.

    Can anyone help me out here?
    FOX broadcasts all NFL games in true wide-screen HD.

    CBS (at least in 2006) did not.
    They had HD for all the games, but only for certain higher-profile games each week did they originate the signal in true HD from the gamesite.

    ESPN & NBC (and I'm assuming NFLN) also do full true HD broadcasts, but that's because they only do one game a week.

    The Vikings will play 2 games on CBS this season:

    - Week 9 - SD @ MIN - 1pm EST - CBS


    - This game, given LT and the Chargers' profile, will be in HD, I guarantee it

    - Week 11 - OAK @ MIN - 1pm EST - CBS


    - This game, however, given how sucky the Raiders are, could be a candidate



    for CBS NOT to originate in HD

    You can tell if the game is in true HD most easily by whether or not it is letter-boxed on your HD channel.
    If the picture has CBS Sports boxes on both sides, then the signal is not originating in HD - it is being upconverted to an HD signal by CBS based on the standard input.

    =Z=
    Last year, NFLN broadcasted the games in true HD, but not the pre or post game shows (stupid, I know).
    As far as CBS, I know that CBS doesn't originate all of their games in HD, but I can't remember if the Min-Jets game was up-converted last year or not.
    I think it may have been true HD.

    You are right though, the Minnesota/Oakland game might not originate in HD.
    Especially if both teams have records at or around 500 at the time.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I am going to potentially spend 100 dollars on the "Superfan" package on DirecTV and I want to see if it is really worth it.

    We really want the games in HD, which is why we would spend the 100 bucks for the Superfan package.

    My question is this: Do the Vikes usually broadcast in high def? Because the site says "up to 9 games a week in HD" and I don't want to get it and only get half of the Vikings games in HD.

    Can anyone help me out here?
    FOX broadcasts all NFL games in true wide-screen HD.

    CBS (at least in 2006) did not.
    They had HD for all the games, but only for certain higher-profile games each week did they originate the signal in true HD from the gamesite.

    ESPN & NBC (and I'm assuming NFLN) also do full true HD broadcasts, but that's because they only do one game a week.

    The Vikings will play 2 games on CBS this season:

    - Week 9 - SD @ MIN - 1pm EST - CBS


    - This game, given LT and the Chargers' profile, will be in HD, I guarantee it

    - Week 11 - OAK @ MIN - 1pm EST - CBS


    - This game, however, given how sucky the Raiders are, could be a candidate



    for CBS NOT to originate in HD

    You can tell if the game is in true HD most easily by whether or not it is letter-boxed on your HD channel.
    If the picture has CBS Sports boxes on both sides, then the signal is not originating in HD - it is being upconverted to an HD signal by CBS based on the standard input.

    =Z=
    Thanks Zeus. That helps.

  4. #14
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    I got all of the games in HD last year w/ Superfan (down in Lousyana).... DEFINITELY worth the upgrade.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  5. #15
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,550

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    High Def cable is different than High Def DirecTV per my earlier post.
    NFLNetwork is not available in HD on DirecTV, nor are the local channels.
    The SuperFan package is "up to 9 per week," not all games are broadcast in HD.
    Regardless, the $'s are a rounding error compared to going to a bar or having season tix.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  6. #16
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    i am not sure i want to see us lose in HD
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings last four games
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 08:35 AM
  3. where to buy vikings games on vhs/dvd?
    By EvilKokonut in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 10:27 PM
  4. Vikings Big Games v Lions
    By Webby in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 11:18 AM
  5. I only get to see like 5 Vikings Games a year :(
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 09:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •