Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Vikings Games in HD

    I am going to potentially spend 100 dollars on the "Superfan" package on DirecTV and I want to see if it is really worth it.

    We really want the games in HD, which is why we would spend the 100 bucks for the Superfan package.

    My question is this: Do the Vikes usually broadcast in high def? Because the site says "up to 9 games a week in HD" and I don't want to get it and only get half of the Vikings games in HD.

    Can anyone help me out here?

  2. #2
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    Last year I got all of the Vikings games in HD over local broadcast channels, so they definately broadcast every game in HD.
    My guess is that DirectTV only has the license or the bandwidth to broadcast a certain number of games in HD, and they just broadcast standard def for the rest.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #3
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I am going to potentially spend 100 dollars on the "Superfan" package on DirecTV and I want to see if it is really worth it.

    We really want the games in HD, which is why we would spend the 100 bucks for the Superfan package.

    My question is this: Do the Vikes usually broadcast in high def? Because the site says "up to 9 games a week in HD" and I don't want to get it and only get half of the Vikings games in HD.

    Can anyone help me out here?
    I see that you are in SE PA.
    I live in DE, so, our coverage should be virtually the same Regionally.
    Last year, if I remember correctly, I got a little over half of the games in HD.
    Local channels are not broadcast in HD yet, so, if Philly Fox highjacks the Vikes vs Eagles game from DTV, there's a good chance it won't be.
    The vast majority of the HD games are the 1:00 games.
    You also get a couple of upgraded channels, which show eight games at time...I forget what they call it.
    If you have an HD TIVO receiver, I highly recommend the HD package.
    After all, those of us that live so far away can easily justify the investment in that it keeps us from going to a sports bar to watch, and, I don't know about you, but if I lived within 4 hours of Minneapple, I'd have 4 Season Tickets.


    Hope that helps...good luck.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  4. #4
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    Thanks Nodak. That helps.

    Anyone know about the games on DirecTV?

  5. #5
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    I just converted to HD yesterday. Direct TV is coming to do the upgrade next Thursday. I bout my TV today.
    Anyway...I have had DirecTV almost since it's inception so I get the NFL Sunday Ticket renewed at a pretty low price. So when I upgraded to HD they told me I had to buy the "SuperFan" package for $100. I balked. The guy told it it was because the HD games took a lot more band width and they needed to recoupe their costs that way.
    I asked to speak to a supervisor. The guy didn't want to let me. So I told him flat out, OK drop my NFL Sunday Ticket. I told him I didn't need it because I had sources on the internet where I could view all the games for free.
    Boy, did he react in a hurry. A few minutes later he was backing saying they were going to give the "Super Fan" package free for a year!
    Sometimes it pays to threaten.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I just converted to HD yesterday. Direct TV is coming to do the upgrade next Thursday. I bout my TV today.
    Anyway...I have had DirecTV almost since it's inception so I get the NFL Sunday Ticket renewed at a pretty low price. So when I upgraded to HD they told me I had to buy the "SuperFan" package for $100. I balked. The guy told it it was because the HD games took a lot more band width and they needed to recoupe their costs that way.
    I asked to speak to a supervisor. The guy didn't want to let me. So I told him flat out, OK drop my NFL Sunday Ticket. I told him I didn't need it because I had sources on the internet where I could view all the games for free.
    Boy, did he react in a hurry. A few minutes later he was backing saying they were going to give the "Super Fan" package free for a year!
    Sometimes it pays to threaten.
    LMAO!
    For the record, the HD games do take a lot more bandwidth.
    Good for you getting it at a decent price though.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    DTV sucks nobody ever buy it! This picture quality is terrible it's complete bu.llshit i hate it!! I just got it installed about a week ago and it is all blurry. I called them and all they said was to adjust my tv. I SHOULD SUE THEM!!!!

  8. #8
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    DTV sucks nobody ever buy it! This picture quality is terrible it's complete bu.llshit i hate it!! I just got it installed about a week ago and it is all blurry. I called them and all they said was to adjust my tv. I SHOULD SUE THEM!!!!
    It would be cheaper to just adjust the tv.

  9. #9
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    DTV sucks nobody ever buy it! This picture quality is terrible it's complete bu.llshit i hate it!! I just got it installed about a week ago and it is all blurry. I called them and all they said was to adjust my tv. I SHOULD SUE THEM!!!!
    I have had it for a long time and I think it is pretty good...IMO, it is far superior to the picture quality of cable.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Vikings Games in HD

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    DTV sucks nobody ever buy it! This picture quality is terrible it's complete bu.llshit i hate it!! I just got it installed about a week ago and it is all blurry. I called them and all they said was to adjust my tv. I SHOULD SUE THEM!!!!
    It would be cheaper to just adjust the tv.
    i did but it didnt work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings last four games
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 08:35 AM
  3. where to buy vikings games on vhs/dvd?
    By EvilKokonut in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 10:27 PM
  4. Vikings Big Games v Lions
    By Webby in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 11:18 AM
  5. I only get to see like 5 Vikings Games a year :(
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 09:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •