minnesota is offline Rookie

Viking Fans In Minnesota Help!!!

I live in NY and I plan to go to the Dec 2nd game against the Lions. I need to know 2 things. 1. Is it worth it to be behind the Vikings bench or does it matter? And 2, can you see above the players in the first 5 rows or do they block your view?

Please help!

Thanks.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Viking Fans In Minnesota Help!!!

My seats are behind the Vikings bench, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I like to watch what's going on on the sidelines.
    If your seats are below row 15 or so the players block your view of a large part of the field.
    When I was renewing my season tickets the person from the Vikings that was helping me told me don't EVER accept seats closer to the field than that.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SKOL" wrote:
    If your seats are below row 15 or so the players block your view of a large part of the field.
    When I was renewing my season tickets the person from the Vikings that was helping me told me don't EVER accept seats closer to the field than that.
    I can't agree with you that all seats below row 15 the players block your view. I have sat in row 9 & have had no problem seeing over the players heads.

What you do lose is depth perception when looking across the field because you are looking at a much narrower band of field.

I would have to agree with you though that for the best viewing pleasure at midfield, rows 15 on up offer the best view. If you want to see the plays develope, go up even higher.

As you go towards the endzones, I recommend going higher. Lower seats in those areas are great if the action is down at that end, but you have the same depth perception problem if the action is at the opposite end.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    I can't agree with you that all seats below row 15 the players block your view. I have sat in row 9 & have had no problem seeing over the players heads.

What you do lose is depth perception when looking across the field because you are looking at a much narrower band of field.

I would have to agree with you though that for the best viewing pleasure at midfield, rows 15 on up offer the best view. If you want to see the plays develope, go up even higher.
    After thinking on this further, I believe the Vikings rep recommended not taking sideline seats closer to the field than row 10, not 15.

Even where I'm at (row 21) the sidelines are blocked by the players.
    I have to look at the screen to see if a play goes out of bounds.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SKOL" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

After thinking on this further, I believe the Vikings rep recommended not taking sideline seats closer to the field than row 10, not 15.

Even where I'm at (row 21) the sidelines are blocked by the players.
    I have to look at the screen to see if a play goes out of bounds.
    In that respect, yes I would agree with you. For a play that happens right in front of the bench, it's tough to see the sideline.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

minnesota is offline Rookie

I'm thinking I might get tickets in the first row (or close to it) in the 2nd level. I go to Syracuse University football games and thats where i sit, they are very good seats.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"minnesota" wrote:
    I'm thinking I might get tickets in the first row (or close to it) in the 2nd level. I go to Syracuse University football games and thats where i sit, they are very good seats.
    I am very close to the first row in the upper level, and I love it.
    I won't move to the lower level (until the new stadium is built).
    The view is outstanding, especially in the dome, where all views are pretty damn good.

I am actually in the corner endzone (by preference), although I know that many people like the sidelines better.
    On the sidelines, you don't get to see the holes open up as well as you do in the endzone, and in the endzone it is very hard to judge distance.
    For me, the corner is the best of both worlds.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "minnesota" wrote:
    I am very close to the first row in the upper level, and I love it.
    I won't move to the lower level (until the new stadium is built).
    The view is outstanding, especially in the dome, where all views are pretty damn good.

I am actually in the corner endzone (by preference), although I know that many people like the sidelines better.
    On the sidelines, you don't get to see the holes open up as well as you do in the endzone, and in the endzone it is very hard to judge distance.
    For me, the corner is the best of both worlds.
    I like the 2nd deck, too, but, I confess that I haven't sat in a lot of different areas for football.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I have sat in many places and I have to say my favorite is midfield, 1st level in row 20. I usually sit in the upper level first 10 rows corner endzone. Just being at the game is sweet. I love the excitement and mingling with the crowd. That is why I go to almost every home game. Sometimes in the winter I can't make it because of snow and the 6 hour drive.