Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Update on my band

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    Soon enough you'll have a closet full of effect pedals. Broken ones crappy ones.... old ones. Ya just gotta spend the loot to get a good Amp,cause Tone starts right there, and if you don't have a Good Amp Tone then all the effects in the world cannot save your sound.
    You have a nice guitar, get a nice 100 watt tube amp with 2 or three channels. Buy the pedal to switch between them, Then add some effects afterwards.
    Would you suggest anything in particular? I'm really trying not to go over 200 bucks for the amp.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I think you should check out the pawn shops and such in your area. always a deal somewhere. maybe in the local paper want ads. could be something cool also. its hard getting good gear when you start out, but once you've gotten a decent amp. ya play more. be patient unless it's the one, but check out the pawn shops and newspaper.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

i have a blue doo distortion pedal by snarling dog, kicks ass. i can play metal, blue, hard rock, jazz, just about anything. but if your looking for a true effect pedal that does more than distortion, just go down to your local guitar store, they'll let you try them out.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I have the death metal pedal from digitech. It helps out on the crappy amp but it could probably do a lot more damage on something better. They really eat through those 9-volts though. I was lucky enough to have a recharger thing lying around.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

What the hell are you guys talking about?...

When I was growing up, all I was worried about was my 8 track tape going to get all twisted and shit.....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

hey yogi did ya ever try one of those snarling dog wa pedaLs? i gotta a feW oLd fuzzzes, but am using the maRshall blUesbreaker riGht now.

TheCol is offline Rookie

Talk to Jon @ Music-Go-Round in Brooklyn Center. He is THE KING at finding what you need at the best deals. You wont find a more seasoned professional anywhere else around the cities in a musica store. I'd go to him for my needs before event thinking of going to metro. While your there, ask him to plug-in and jam for ya "OMG. . . The Downlow Tones". I know a few endorsed players in the cities that will pretty much only deal through him. He's simply the best.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123