Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Update on my band

    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    Good luck with the band dude. I switched between playing bass and doing lead vocals for a band back in high school, but we never got anything done because nobody besides me really gave a crap. But it sounds like you guys have good chemistry, so hopefully things will go better. Lemme know when you get that cover recorder and hit me up with an mp3, that's a kickass song
    I'll let you know when we record it. The only problem I see so far in chemistry is that I'm having to compensate on that coheed song for the rhythm guitarist. So basically I have to play a mixture between Claudio and Travis' parts to accomodate him. He's getting better quickly though. I'm sure we'll be able to write some songs that will play to his abilities as of now.
    Deja vu man. Our rhythm guitarist was really kinda terrible, fortunately he kinda just stopped showing up lol. You ever get writer's block or anything hit me up with a PM, I was our lyricist too. Again, good luck bro!
    Definitely man. Thanks a lot.

  2. #12
    YogidAbEAR's Avatar
    YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: Update on my band

    good luck and rock on, rock on indeed. me and my drummer friend are thinking of starting a metal band/AC/D esk band, just need a bass player, and only bassist i know is an emo/indy rocker, emo being the headbanger's enemy :twisted:

  3. #13
    oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    374

    Re: Update on my band

    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    good luck and rock on, rock on indeed. me and my drummer friend are thinking of starting a metal band/AC/D esk band, just need a bass player, and only bassist i know is an emo/indy rocker, emo being the headbanger's enemy :twisted:
    Convert him!! In high school I listened mainly to emo/screamo, bands in that vein, but since college I've had two roommates who listen to metal (mostly power metal) and that's 75% of what I listen to now, hehe. :headbang:
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

  4. #14
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Update on my band

    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    good luck and rock on, rock on indeed. me and my drummer friend are thinking of starting a metal band/AC/D esk band, just need a bass player, and only bassist i know is an emo/indy rocker, emo being the headbanger's enemy :twisted:
    Convert him!! In high school I listened mainly to emo/screamo, bands in that vein, but since college I've had two roommates who listen to metal (mostly power metal) and that's 75% of what I listen to now, hehe. :headbang:
    Hell yeah! :headbang:

    I'm mostly a metal type guy too since there aren't that many talented prog-rock bands out there. My friend converted me last year when I listened to all mainstream garbage music. Now i'm going to ozzfest. :lol: (my idea for the record).

  5. #15
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Update on my band

    A friend of mine uses this as a practice amp:
    http://www.kustom.com/amps/guitar/practice/tube12combo.asp

    It's small, can put out some amazing volume, and has a tube pre-amp, which gives it an amazing tone. And it cost him only $100.

    As for the guitar, if you're playing metal, ESPs are a good fit. (Who's going to argue with what Kirk Hammett plays?) I prefer the strat style or the Les Paul style bodies myself, but I don't play metal as much as I do other styles.

  6. #16
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Update on my band

    "josdin00" wrote:
    A friend of mine uses this as a practice amp:
    http://www.kustom.com/amps/guitar/practice/tube12combo.asp

    It's small, can put out some amazing volume, and has a tube pre-amp, which gives it an amazing tone. And it cost him only $100.

    As for the guitar, if you're playing metal, ESPs are a good fit. (Who's going to argue with what Kirk Hammett plays?) I prefer the strat style or the Les Paul style bodies myself, but I don't play metal as much as I do other styles.
    Hmm that amp looks like something I could use. I actually have 100 bucks to shell out. Is that amp good enough to play in gigs? I want something that i'll actually be able to play live. I'm going to samash this weekend so maybe i'll look into something like that.

  7. #17
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Update on my band

    I play a robin bass if that counts for anything with a fourway sound board for each string...and an amplifier that woofs woofers lol

  8. #18
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Update on my band

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    A friend of mine uses this as a practice amp:
    http://www.kustom.com/amps/guitar/practice/tube12combo.asp

    It's small, can put out some amazing volume, and has a tube pre-amp, which gives it an amazing tone. And it cost him only $100.

    As for the guitar, if you're playing metal, ESPs are a good fit. (Who's going to argue with what Kirk Hammett plays?) I prefer the strat style or the Les Paul style bodies myself, but I don't play metal as much as I do other styles.
    Hmm that amp looks like something I could use. I actually have 100 bucks to shell out. Is that amp good enough to play in gigs? I want something that i'll actually be able to play live. I'm going to samash this weekend so maybe i'll look into something like that.
    I don't know if it would work for gigging. It gets loud, but I don't know if it would fill a hall while competing with other instruments. It sounds like you play lead, so you'd need something to cut through everything else. You can, however, use it just as a pre-amp, and get the tube tone that way. You might be able to use it in combination with the amp you have to get a nicer tone, and still have enough juice to cut through. The Kustom site has a list of dealers, so find one in your area, and play it first.

    I just think it's a great practice amp 'cause it sounds good, and the thing's barely a cubic foot in size.

  9. #19
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Update on my band

    "josdin00" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    A friend of mine uses this as a practice amp:
    http://www.kustom.com/amps/guitar/practice/tube12combo.asp

    It's small, can put out some amazing volume, and has a tube pre-amp, which gives it an amazing tone. And it cost him only $100.

    As for the guitar, if you're playing metal, ESPs are a good fit. (Who's going to argue with what Kirk Hammett plays?) I prefer the strat style or the Les Paul style bodies myself, but I don't play metal as much as I do other styles.
    Hmm that amp looks like something I could use. I actually have 100 bucks to shell out. Is that amp good enough to play in gigs? I want something that i'll actually be able to play live. I'm going to samash this weekend so maybe i'll look into something like that.
    I don't know if it would work for gigging. It gets loud, but I don't know if it would fill a hall while competing with other instruments. It sounds like you play lead, so you'd need something to cut through everything else. You can, however, use it just as a pre-amp, and get the tube tone that way. You might be able to use it in combination with the amp you have to get a nicer tone, and still have enough juice to cut through. The Kustom site has a list of dealers, so find one in your area, and play it first.

    I just think it's a great practice amp 'cause it sounds good, and the thing's barely a cubic foot in size.
    Yeah i'm looking at a few amps right now. That sounds like it could work as a practice amp in the future. Right now i'm looking at some multi-effect amps but I don't feel like shelling out the extra 75 bucks for the pedal to go with the amp..

  10. #20
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Update on my band

    Soon enough you'll have a closet full of effect pedals. Broken ones crappy ones.... old ones. Ya just gotta spend the loot to get a good Amp,cause Tone starts right there, and if you don't have a Good Amp Tone then all the effects in the world cannot save your sound.
    You have a nice guitar, get a nice 100 watt tube amp with 2 or three channels. Buy the pedal to switch between them, Then add some effects afterwards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Another POTUS band update!
    By Potus2028 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 06:16 PM
  2. POTUS Band Update
    By Potus2028 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:17 PM
  3. A POTUS Band nerd update!
    By Potus2028 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 01:52 AM
  4. Band Name???
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 08:42 AM
  5. My Band
    By PhillyVikes in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 04:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •