Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Update on my band

Some of you may remember a lonnngg time ago I asked for your help in naming a band.. then I came back a few months ago and asked for help in naming another band. Well I've finally come up with a name for ANOTHER band. We're going to be called Caedmon's Hym. We play Alternative Prog-Rock/ Alternative Prog-Metal.

I'll be playing lead guitar in the band. If anyone knows anything about guitars I play an ESP EX-50 which looks like this. I got it this past month. I absolutely love the thing to death.

I'll also be singing backups. Our drummer is moving from brazil this week so that's when we'll start getting together and maybe recording a cover of In keeping secrets of silent earth 3 by Coheed and Cambria.. maybe some other songs if we feel our creative genious arising.

I think this band is finally going to stick. We all agree on a music genre and everything is working out well..

Anyways I know you guys could probably care less but wish us luck anyways!

Re: Update on my band

Oh my bad wrong forum. Please move this mods.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck, dude! I will tell my nephew to go and see you guys when you start getting gigs! He is moving to Raleigh/Durham on August 8th...his new wife will be going to Duke Law School in the fall. ukeright:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Rock on!
    I care although this is not guitar.com.
    I play mostly blues and blues rock.
    I have a number of great guitars and amps. What kind of amp do you have?
    Good luck with your new band and remember to always have fun.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Hope your band does well, how'd you pick the name?

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Rock on!
    I care although this is not guitar.com.
    I play mostly blues and blues rock.
    I have a number of great guitars and amps. What kind of amp do you have?
    Good luck with your new band and remember to always have fun.
    My amp is a piece of crap. I'm saving to buy a new one that I can use at gigs. Right now I have a tiny crate amp I have no idea what it's called.

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Hope your band does well, how'd you pick the name?
    Thanks. I was actually sitting on a ferry ride at the beach and thought of this strange old english poem called Caedmon's Hymn. My dad can actually recite the whole thing in old english.. Anyways I thought it was a pretty cool name but not until the next day or so when it was still fresh in my mind did I realize that it was a cool band name that kind of fits our genre of music (prog-rock).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caedmon%27s_Hymn

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Good luck with the band dude. I switched between playing bass and doing lead vocals for a band back in high school, but we never got anything done because nobody besides me really gave a crap. But it sounds like you guys have good chemistry, so hopefully things will go better. Lemme know when you get that cover recorder and hit me up with an mp3, that's a kickass song
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

"oddmanout22287" wrote:
    Good luck with the band dude. I switched between playing bass and doing lead vocals for a band back in high school, but we never got anything done because nobody besides me really gave a crap. But it sounds like you guys have good chemistry, so hopefully things will go better. Lemme know when you get that cover recorder and hit me up with an mp3, that's a kickass song
    I'll let you know when we record it. The only problem I see so far in chemistry is that I'm having to compensate on that coheed song for the rhythm guitarist. So basically I have to play a mixture between Claudio and Travis' parts to accomodate him. He's getting better quickly though. I'm sure we'll be able to write some songs that will play to his abilities as of now.

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    I'll let you know when we record it. The only problem I see so far in chemistry is that I'm having to compensate on that coheed song for the rhythm guitarist. So basically I have to play a mixture between Claudio and Travis' parts to accomodate him. He's getting better quickly though. I'm sure we'll be able to write some songs that will play to his abilities as of now.
    Deja vu man. Our rhythm guitarist was really kinda terrible, fortunately he kinda just stopped showing up lol. You ever get writer's block or anything hit me up with a PM, I was our lyricist too. Again, good luck bro!
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast