Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: TV questions / Vikings Room update

"cajunvike" wrote:

On a side note, your vinyl siding guy did a crappy job on your house...he put the seams too close to each other on each succeeding row.
    You should kick his jiggly butt if you get the chance!

(Sorry, the handyman in me couldn't help but notice it...LOL)
    OK enough people have noticed, I guess I have to explain (or should I say Come Clean).

The original siding guy did a much better job, I am sure, but what you are looking at is some "less than handyman" work done by me.
    You see out there on that concrete pad where the car is now sitting is where the trash can often sits.
    Well one day I dumped some ashes in the trash can that I belived to have been out for more than 12 hours.
    Apparently there was at least one ember still active because when I came around the corner of the house about an hour later, my trash can was fully involved in flame.
    And sitting within about 3' of the house, the heat did a pretty good number on the siding in about a 4' area.
    So I took some of the excess siding that I had, and did it myself.
    Now I didnt know the first darn thing about siding, and your triained eye picked up on it.
    I knew the seams werent the way they should be, but I also didnt want to tear off half the side of the house so that is what I got.
    Also I was limited on how much extra siding I had.

Anyway that is a long explination about how the siding got like it is.

I hope I didnt pound the nails in too far now that someone pointed out that I wasnt supposed to.
    I think I did use galvanized nails at least since it was outside.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:

I am even selling a car that I have had since college in order to free up some discresionary cash for the room.
    As much as I have loved it over the years, I just never drive it anymore.
    And sitting in the SC sun it is just melting away a little more each day, and that is tough to watch happening.
    So it will be with a few tears that I possibly part ways with it tonight.

[img width=400 height=300]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Turboe/Vikings/2005-11-12_5787.jpg[/img]
    Sniff..Sniff...
    Is that a Dodge Daytona or a Plymouth Laser?
    Singer, that is an 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi.
    It was built for a few years by Mitsubishi and sold under their label as a Starion and imported and sold under Dodge/Chrysler dealers as the Conquest.
    The TSi designation was for the intercooled turbo model like this.
    One of the better bang for the buck performance cars ever sold, and very few of them ever sold during their 5-6 year history, so pretty fun car to drive not only from a performance aspect, but also because not many people know what it is.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

On a side note, your vinyl siding guy did a crappy job on your house...he put the seams too close to each other on each succeeding row.
    You should kick his jiggly butt if you get the chance!

(Sorry, the handyman in me couldn't help but notice it...LOL)
    OK enough people have noticed, I guess I have to explain (or should I say Come Clean).

The original siding guy did a much better job, I am sure, but what you are looking at is some "less than handyman" work done by me.
    You see out there on that concrete pad where the car is now sitting is where the trash can often sits.
    Well one day I dumped some ashes in the trash can that I belived to have been out for more than 12 hours.
    Apparently there was at least one ember still active because when I came around the corner of the house about an hour later, my trash can was fully involved in flame.
    And sitting within about 3' of the house, the heat did a pretty good number on the siding in about a 4' area.
    So I took some of the excess siding that I had, and did it myself.
    Now I didnt know the first darn thing about siding, and your triained eye picked up on it.
    I knew the seams werent the way they should be, but I also didnt want to tear off half the side of the house so that is what I got.
    Also I was limited on how much extra siding I had.

Anyway that is a long explination about how the siding got like it is.

I hope I didnt pound the nails in too far now that someone pointed out that I wasnt supposed to.
    I think I did use galvanized nails at least since it was outside.
    LOL!
    Yeah, you are supposed to leave the heads of the nails a little loose so that the vinyl can expand and contract.
    But don't worry, it probably won't be all that noticeable...what with everyone's attention focused on the crazy seam placement!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

aceclown is offline Coach

This link should be helpful

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hitech/1137/maxing-out-resolution.html

And the comment about sitting too close to an HDTV is complete BS.
    Obviously you dont want to be sitting right next to the screen, but the higher the resolution, the closer you should be sitting to the TV (relatively speaking).

Chuch.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"aceclown" wrote:
    This link should be helpful

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hitech/1137/maxing-out-resolution.html

And the comment about sitting too close to an HDTV is complete BS.
    Obviously you dont want to be sitting right next to the screen, but the higher the resolution, the closer you should be sitting to the TV (relatively speaking).
    That is actually a very good chart.
    I hadn't seen it before, but I am familiar with the equations it is using.

As to "the higher the resolution, the closer you should be sitting" statement... we aren't talking about different resolutions here.
    The resolution on every 1080 HDTV is 1920x1080.
    We are talking about screen size.
    Obviously a 1920x1080 19" computer monitor is designed for viewing at close range.
    But larger TVs, especially when you hit the 60+" range are really meant for specific viewing ranges.
    If you sit too close you can easily notice the pixelation.

Of course, these distances are part of a graduated scale.
    If the recommended viewing distance is 8 feet (for a 65" screen), and you are at 7, it isn't like you cross a magical line that makes the picture crappy.
    I fact, unless you were looking for it, you probably still wouldn't notice.
    It wouldn't get annoying until about 5 feet or so, IMHO, but annoying is a fairly subjective term.

The recommended distance is designed around the average human eye's ability to pick up the circuitry.
    If you get the screen size that is recommended for the size of your room, you won't ever be able to see them.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12