Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    A topic for players or positions?

    Looking through the site I have noticed a lot of repeats (I am guilty of posting something that has already been posted) But i also noticed that There are threads about Adrian peterson, but like 10 of them etc. My suggestion would be to have threads for certain players or positions like 1 thread for O-line, D-line, WR, RB, etc... Then one for all things packer related etc... Just a suggestion. Or maybe this has already been suggested.

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: A topic for players or positions?

    Thread or forum?

    You cannot believe people would sift through 100 pages of an O-Line thread.

    Topics that are of the same topic get merged into one.


    Runs great the way it is.

  3. #3
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: A topic for players or positions?

    "erik5032" wrote:
    Looking through the site I have noticed a lot of repeats (I am guilty of posting something that has already been posted) But i also noticed that There are threads about Adrian peterson, but like 10 of them etc. My suggestion would be to have threads for certain players or positions like 1 thread for O-line, D-line, WR, RB, etc... Then one for all things packer related etc... Just a suggestion. Or maybe this has already been suggested.
    having just one thread for a single player and all that gets really ridiculous.
    No one wants to sift thru a shit ton of pages to try and find something


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  4. #4
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: A topic for players or positions?

    True, never thought of that.

  5. #5
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: A topic for players or positions?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Thread or forum?

    You cannot believe people would sift through 100 pages of an O-Line thread.

    Topics that are of the same topic get merged into one.


    Runs great the way it is.
    A forum, but i agree it wouldn't work that great.

  6. #6
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: A topic for players or positions?

    "erik5032" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Thread or forum?

    You cannot believe people would sift through 100 pages of an O-Line thread.

    Topics that are of the same topic get merged into one.


    Runs great the way it is.
    A forum, but i agree it wouldn't work that great.
    Then we would have a ton of forums.

  7. #7
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: A topic for players or positions?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Thread or forum?

    You cannot believe people would sift through 100 pages of an O-Line thread.

    Topics that are of the same topic get merged into one.


    Runs great the way it is.
    A forum, but i agree it wouldn't work that great.
    Then we would have a ton of forums.
    i agree

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: A topic for players or positions?

    "erik5032" wrote:
    Looking through the site I have noticed a lot of repeats (I am guilty of posting something that has already been posted) But i also noticed that There are threads about Adrian peterson, but like 10 of them etc. My suggestion would be to have threads for certain players or positions like 1 thread for O-line, D-line, WR, RB, etc... Then one for all things packer related etc... Just a suggestion. Or maybe this has already been suggested.
    Different topics for the same player need to be in different threads. Also, too many of them would apply to different categories.

    One would certainly not want to look for info on McKinnie's
    contract or his brawl in one thread titled "Bryant McKinnie".


    This is why we have the "SEARCH" / "ADVANCED SEARCH" capability. It's simple, easy to use & quite helpful.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A topic for players or positions?

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    Looking through the site I have noticed a lot of repeats (I am guilty of posting something that has already been posted) But i also noticed that There are threads about Adrian peterson, but like 10 of them etc. My suggestion would be to have threads for certain players or positions like 1 thread for O-line, D-line, WR, RB, etc... Then one for all things packer related etc... Just a suggestion. Or maybe this has already been suggested.
    having just one thread for a single player and all that gets really ridiculous.
    No one wants to sift thru a shit ton of pages to try and find something
    no kidding.
    Try finding what day Allen was signed in the Jared Allen Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Positions at which the Vikings still need help
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
  2. Vikings the NFL’s Best at Several Positions
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM
  3. Too Many RBs? Questions at several positions
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 08:44 AM
  4. purple pride positions
    By davike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 03:39 PM
  5. Unfamiliar positions, but game's same
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 06:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •