Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Suggestions To Make The Site Better

Remember, Webby and his team have regular jobs that pay the bills.

I have been on this site for 2-3 years now, and have seen improvements here and there. Some good, some bad. I am not a web programmer, but I know not all of this is easy, and take time.

I will take a moment here and say if you appreciate the site, let Webby and the rest of his team know. He runs this site out of his own pocket, and taking a moment to thank him, or donate, goes a long way.

The people here make the site great, and Webby and his team put the tools in place for us to come together and discuss Vikings, and other topics.

I have been to other sites, and nothing compares to this site. Thank you Webby, and fellow PPO'ers for making this a great site.

SKOL!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Did you vote? I bet you didn't.
    Fuck yes I did and I served my country with pride and honor. Voting is our right as an American. And I stand by those rights. How dare you question my honor and love for our institutions. Now that is a fucking insult! And what fucken business is it of yours whether I vote or not? October 29, 1992 I turned 18. And a week later I voted for the first time. I was more excited about getting to vote than legally becoming an adult.
    I never questioned you honor and love for this country, I can see how you take it as an insult and I'm sorry it came off as that!

Your right, it's not my business and I'm glad to hear that you take your voting rights serious. So many people don't.

ultravikingfan wrote:
    You doesn't seem like that type of guy.
    Instead, you seem like the type of guy who hear the news talking about Arabian people being discriminated against, but what do you care?
    Your not Arabian, right?

Ya, I relish the fact that people are discriminated against. I live for it....it rocks!!! /sarcasm
    And what do Saudis have to do with this anyways? By Arabians are you actually talking about Muslims? This line of questioning appears it suggests you are calling me a "racist"? How nice of you. Don't even really know me and you first question my civic duty as an American then call me a racist.
    Why are you suddenly talking about Muslims and Saudis? :huh: Anyways, I want to make it absolutely clear that I had no intention to call you a racist and I don't think you are a racist.

It was only meant as an example. I explained this in the next line (which you decided to leave out in the quote above):

HEY wrote:
    Okay, this was perhaps a little extreme example, but you get my point.
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    I just love how you end you post:

Please, I'm not looking to start a big argument.
    But you lace your post with insults prior to that statement?

Sure, just insult away and then come back with you don't want to start a fight.

Looks as if you just did.
    I hate Internet argues! It's one of the the dumbest things I can think of. I realized when I was about halfway through my response that it was exactly what I was getting into. You have your opinion, I have mine, and none of us wants to admit their wrong. It's understandable.

It's easy to get into a fight on the Internet, but it's even easier can get out of context. I don't want that to happen.

ultravikingfan wrote:
    And the kicker is...your Norwegian...same as me! Arggggg...can't we just get along?
    Of course we can! I definitely want to get along too. That's why I want you to know that I never saw you as a racist and I never questioning your love for the USA. You are definitely a proud veteran.

By the way, I'm born and raised in Norway. I take it that you are born and raised in the United States and you ethnicity is Norwegian, right? That's two different worlds!

HEY
    Blog Entries

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Fuck yes I did and I served my country with pride and honor. Voting is our right as an American. And I stand by those rights. How dare you question my honor and love for our institutions. Now that is a fucking insult! And what fucken business is it of yours whether I vote or not? October 29, 1992 I turned 18. And a week later I voted for the first time. I was more excited about getting to vote than legally becoming an adult.
    I never questioned you honor and love for this country, I can see how you take it as an insult and I'm sorry it came off as that!

Your right, it's not my business and I'm glad to hear that you take your voting rights serious. So many people don't.

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Instead, you seem like the type of guy who hear the news talking about Arabian people being discriminated against, but what do you care?
    Your not Arabian, right?

Ya, I relish the fact that people are discriminated against. I live for it....it rocks!!! /sarcasm
    And what do Saudis have to do with this anyways? By Arabians are you actually talking about Muslims? This line of questioning appears it suggests you are calling me a "racist"? How nice of you. Don't even really know me and you first question my civic duty as an American then call me a racist.
    Why are you suddenly talking about Muslims and Saudis? :huh: Anyways, I want to make it absolutely clear that I had no intention to call you a racist and I don't think you are a racist.

It was only meant as an example. I explained this in the next line (which you decided to leave out in the quote above):

HEY wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

I hate Internet argues! It's one of the the dumbest things I can think of. I realized when I was about halfway through my response that it was exactly what I was getting into. You have your opinion, I have mine, and none of us wants to admit their wrong. It's understandable.

It's easy to get into a fight on the Internet, but it's even easier can get out of context. I don't want that to happen.

ultravikingfan wrote:
    And the kicker is...your Norwegian...same as me! Arggggg...can't we just get along?
    Of course we can! I definitely want to get along too. That's why I want you to know that I never saw you as a racist and I never questioning your love for the USA. You are definitely a proud veteran.

By the way, I'm born and raised in Norway. I take it that you are born and raised in the United States and you ethnicity is Norwegian, right?

That's two different worlds!

HEY
    Blog Entries

ultravikingfan wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Your not Arabian, right?

HEY wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

By the way, I'm born and raised in Norway. I take it that you are born and raised in the United States and you ethnicity is Norwegian, right?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

HEY wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Your not Arabian, right?

HEY wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

ultravikingfan wrote:

I guess it's a different world, but still somewhat the same.

My ancestors came directly from Norway.

Who knows...we could be related.

Norway is on the top of my list for countries I want to visit.

Norwegians rock! And North Dakota is full of them!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Marrdro wrote:
    Talk about picky.......I don't think I was being picky.

Mentioned a couple "Nice to Haves", not a wholesale change.
    Ouch.....Sometimes its good to read the follow-on posts before you make yours......

Seems this is one of those instances.

In the end, we have a great thing going here. A great site owner, a great site, lots of really good people contributing, a few chuckleheads that keep the rest of us amused and on our toes.

Comeon friends......Lets keep that going and dont start hacking on each other.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    Blog Entries

Webby updated the site today!

I love the new buttons on every post like "Thank You" and "Quick Reply". The "Quick Reply" feature comes in handy for those with slow Internet connection or bad time as you don't have to open a new window. I bet I'm gonna use the "Quick Reply" a lot in the future.

Thanks, Webby! Can't wait to find out what other features you have added.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

but I didn't notice a "you've moved up/down the spreadsheet " button for Marrdro... or does that only appear against his profile?:P
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Already used the "THANKS" button!

Thank you, Webby..........yer a genius!

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

HEY
    Blog Entries

I love the new upgrade! Polls are back, editing is back, little changes like the new font-size solution is better than ever, and new stuff like "quick reply" and "thank you" are interesting additions. Great job, Webby!!!

I only have to significant problems with the new upgrade.

1. The Coloring
    The color on some of the text and background is not easy on the eye. Some user names, I think it is the moderators, has a bright yellow color which is hard to read against the white background. I also wish that the contrast between the text and the background in posts were higher. In other words, the text should be completely dark by default.

2. The Profile Editing
    This is a little embarrassing cause it could just be that I'm stupid, but I can't find how to edit some parts of my profile. The parts I'm talking about is the "about me" section which is visible when you post in the forum (underneath the profile picture and the Vikings logos). The other part is the signature. Somehow it's not even visible in my posts anymore and I can't find how to edit it.

Please, I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how to do this!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast