Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Suggestions To Make The Site Better

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    More tits.

I believe those are in facts boobies.
    hahahaha :laugh:

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hmmmmmm, I actually like the new look and feel. I wonder what I would do deer hunting if I could get on PPO via by blackberry. I know I spent way to much time on facebook this year while on stand.

Couple of thoughts......

a. Fix it so you can change font color a bit easier. Nice to have that isn't that important.

b. Fix it so we don't have to shorten subject lines. Nice to have that isn't that important.

c. Fix the search function so that when you search for something it doesn't give you every post in one thread but rather just finds each thread and lists them that the search topic can be found in. Absolutley a must fix.

d. Ban anyone who doesn't foster a discussion and only tries to argue with everybody. Starting point would be with all the cats who use the "Owned" crap.

In the end, huge props to the Webby family, the mods, and all the PPO'rs who make this site great.

Lets hope a few more of them start posting a bit more often.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Hmmmmmm, I actually like the new look and feel. I wonder what I would do deer hunting if I could get on PPO via by blackberry. I know I spent way to much time on facebook this year while on stand.

Couple of thoughts......

a. Fix it so you can change font color a bit easier. Nice to have that isn't that important.

b. Fix it so we don't have to shorten subject lines. Nice to have that isn't that important.

c. Fix the search function so that when you search for something it doesn't give you every post in one thread but rather just finds each thread and lists them that the search topic can be found in. Absolutley a must fix.

d. Ban anyone who doesn't foster a discussion and only tries to argue with everybody. Starting point would be with all the cats who use the "Owned" crap.

In the end, huge props to the Webby family, the mods, and all the PPO'rs who make this site great.

Now this guy gets it!
    This is the first serious post of more than two lines since I started this thread. JK!

Agreed on all accounts, except I have no opinion on the color part. Just never uses it.

Also, I've learned that sometimes it can actually pay off to be patient with some new members. For example, I noticed that Infidel was getting a lot of members worked up and some wanted him banned in his first two weeks. He has later calmed down and I think he has contributed with many good ideas. Just my humble opinion.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    I use it. You have been getting owned lately. I think it is make up time.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I use it. You have been getting owned lately. I think it is make up time.

LOL, if nothing else, you do crack me up my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY wrote:
    Now this guy gets it!
    This is the first serious post of more than two lines since I started this thread. JK!

Also, I've learned that sometimes it can actually pay off to be patient with some new members.
    And with older members as well. Sometimes we "Don't Get It" all the time.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

HEY wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Couple of thoughts......

Now this guy gets it!

Agreed on all accounts, except I have no opinion on the color part. Just never uses it.

Also, I've learned that sometimes it can actually pay off to be patient with some new members. For example, I noticed that Infidel was getting a lot of members worked up and some wanted him banned in his first two weeks. He has later calmed down and I think he has contributed with many good ideas. Just my humble opinion.
    Wow, did not know there was so much that folks did not like about the new layout. Talk about picky.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Wow, did not know there was so much that folks did not like about the new layout. Talk about picky.
    Jeezes, ultravikingfan!
    Don't you think it's time for you to grow up and start learning to take some criticism?

I realized that maybe you are taking the "suggestions" as personal attacks. I can assure you that's not my intention at all. I apologize if you felt that way

As I've mentioned, this thread is dedicated to improve this site. Members have contributed with plenty of good suggestions. Sadly, instead of receiving a simple "thank you for your contribution!" you decide to talk down on us.

I don't like it!

It's people like you who has their foot on the break while others try to move forward.

Did you vote? I bet you didn't.
    And if you did, I would be surprised.
    You doesn't seem like that type of guy.
    Instead, you seem like the type of guy who hear the news talking about Arabian people being discriminated against, but what do you care?
    Your not Arabian, right?
    Why should you care to do anything about it?
    Or how you would say: "Why get picky?"

(Okay, this was perhaps a little extreme example, but you get my point.)

What you describe as "Talk about picky", I describe as "A contribution to make a great site even better".

Please, I'm not looking to start a big argument. I just had to get it off my chest since I've seen you complain about this several times before.

I hope you can understand!

HEY wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    Jeezes, ultravikingfan!
    Don't you think it's time for you to grow up and start learning to take some criticism?

I realized that maybe you are taking the "suggestions" as personal attacks. I can assure you that's not my intention at all. I apologize if you felt that way

As I've mentioned, this thread is dedicated to improve this site. Members have contributed with plenty of good suggestions. Sadly, instead of receiving a simple "thank you for your contribution!" you decide to talk down on us.

I don't like it!

It's people like you who has their foot on the break while others try to move forward.

Instead, you seem like the type of guy who hear the news talking about Arabian people being discriminated against, but what do you care?
    Your not Arabian, right?

(Okay, this was perhaps a little extreme example, but you get my point.)

What you describe as "Talk about picky", I describe as "A contribution to make a great site even better".

Please, I'm not looking to start a big argument. I just had to get it off my chest since I've seen you complain about this several times before.

I hope you can understand!
    I think site suggestions are fine.

However, a laundry list that looks to some more like complaints?

No matter the format and features, nothing is going to be perfect and please everybody...period.

Webby is well aware of the things here and need modified and will take care of these things in time.

If you have been around here for awhile you will notice that changes come all at once.

As far as you "cheapshot" about growing-up, I will ignore that.

As far as criticism, I do not care if you criticize me one bit. I had zero input on the layout of the site nor do I pay for it. There are some features I do not like but others do. I tend to adapt and live with it.

And to address these:

Fuck yes I did and I served my country with pride and honor. Voting is our right as an American. And I stand by those rights. How dare you question my honor and love for our institutions. Now that is a fucking insult! And what fucken business is it of yours whether I vote or not? October 29, 1992 I turned 18. And a week later I voted for the first time. I was more excited about getting to vote than legally becoming an adult.

I guess you are surprised now. I am very big into the political world, but you would not know because we do not talk about that here.

Your not Arabian, right?

Ya, I relish the fact that people are discriminated against. I live for it....it rocks!!! /sarcasm
    And what do Saudis have to do with this anyways? By Arabians are you actually talking about Muslims? This line of questioning appears it suggests you are calling me a "racist"? How nice of you. Don't even really know me and you first question my civic duty as an American then call me a racist.

Now you're just rambling.

And your damn right I have spoken-up about this because I know the work that goes into this site, not to mention the money.

A suggestion is fine. A laundry list of what are perceived to be complaints is overdoing it.

I just love how you end you post:

Please, I'm not looking to start a big argument.
    But you lace your post with insults prior to that statement?

Sure, just insult away and then come back with you don't want to start a fight.

Looks as if you just did.

And the kicker is...your Norwegian...same as me! Arggggg...can't we just get along?

Oh, and as a show of good faith I have brought the "Suggestion Box" forum back to life.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast