Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Suggestion for the PP.O

You should have to have the 1500 or whatever you need to be titled "Hall of Famer" on your posts (like being a "GM" or "waterboy") to be eligible....

Then when the members nominate you, you have a chance to make a short speech on a special thread to plead your case....also will have an induction speech in which quotes will be pulled out and put into your Hall of Fame profile.....

On profile we should have a small picture, along with a personal hall of fame sig made with you and your favorite player on it....

So yeah, it would be cool to have....

Small member pic on right hand side, Name, Hometown, Favorite Player, and Profile to the right, with a custom hall of fame sig on bottom.....

Would be sweet....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Maybe we shouldnt use posts as a requirement to be inducted....maybe have a a group of people that if given enough votes, are inducted. Just like sports, Stats dont mean everything.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I think we should do it like they do in the NFL. You have to be retired for at least 5 years or be dead or both to qualify. :lol:

WWBGD

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"RK." wrote:
    "jimmymac" wrote:
    Yeah, let's create new awards to give to OURSELVES. It's starting to sound like Hollywood.. Academy Awards, Golden Globe, People's Choice, Emeys, MTV, Country, Best songs from 9-11 Award, etc...........

How about an award for anyone that's still here and has DC, Pep or Daunte in their nickname?
    :3some:<---- PPO in crowd. I agree with Jimmymac. Do we really want to create a PPO elite? Just being a member in good standing of the best Vike site on the net should be enough. :smile:
    tricky one to call as there are some people that do a lot to help keep the site moving along - and I don't just mean Webby or the mods that help keep things in line.
    I can see where audio is coming from and agree that its not just a question of post count to decide if someone if HOF material or not. By the same token I can also see RK & jimmymac being concerned about the potential issues with a so-called 'elite' group existing.
    One thing with PPO is that it is not cliquey in the way that I have seen some sites get- despite what some of it's critics have claimed in the past, so I don't believe that anyone in the HOF would get like that but of course such doubt will always be there.

I would say though that there are occasions when a member should be recognised for what they bring to the site. Whether it is quality of posts, work in the background that others may not be aware of, activities they do, helping new and existing members with problems/issues etc etc the list is endless.
    Whether that should be done by means of a HOF is a tough one to call and is a thankless job to administer - how many times as Vikes fans have we bitched about the NFL HOF ?? :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Prophet Guest

"RK." wrote:
    I think we should do it like they do in the NFL. You have to be retired for at least 5 years or be dead or both to qualify. :lol:
    Agree! lmao, that is the only way to get inducted.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

We have yearly awards, and that should suffice. As you contribute, you go up in rank, and special contributors or outright different ones get titles, etc. Lots of ways to show distinction without creating the headache of a "special group". There will always be people upset they aren't in it, and as far as it goes, being a member in good standing here already makes you an elite fan. Just my opinion of course. LOL

We are creating a Ring of Honor, for those that were with us and no longer are. We'll be having the first inductee when I get back.

So, I think we have enough ways for distinction, its your choice where you want to go!! Arcade champ? Cool. Posting Champ? Good luck catching Cajun. Best Blog? Start writing! You get my drift. This site *is* about your contributions and I try to stay out of the way judging those that spend the time to express their views being a fan.

Sound fair?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Sounds good Webby. I know that there will be people upset if they weren't inducted kind of like how some people are upset when they have 1000 posts and don't have a title. They feel like it is something they HAVE to have in order to contribute to the site, which is not true.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

First members of a Ring of Honor
    Webby
    Shockzilla
    TNT
    Casper
    Ultra
    Caine
    Del Rio
    Skol
    Anglo
    Cajun
    I am sure there are others that were here when webby started this site but they slip my mind as of tghe moment.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

I think there enough ways people have found to pat themselves on the back around here, lets not turn this great information and talk outlet into the "Lord of the flies".

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    I think there enough ways people have found to pat themselves on the back around here, lets not turn this great information and talk outlet into the "Lord of the flies".
    This was meant to pat others on the back.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast