Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Suggestion for the PP.O

We should have a "Hall of Fame" on this site, and induct anyone with over 10,000 posts and/or 5 of membership.....

Show a picture of the Hall of Famer, with a little personal profile of each one.....

Whaddaya think? Make it like a seperate page with the Hall of Fame members....I think it would be cool....

Give everyone an ultimate goal to shoot for, the real PP.O Hall of Fame!

C'mon Webby, you know it'd be sweet! :smile:

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Suggestion for the PP.O

Let's See, Inducting Class would be:

Webby
    Ultra
    Cajun
    VKG4LFE
    Among others.....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

There would be too many people posting 1 word posts or a smiley, just to get there to the 10,000 post count.

People like Caine who don't post as often, but have high quality posts, would have a long wait before they got there.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Use a similar process as the NFL to induct people into the HOF or even the probowl. Post count should only be one of many factors used. The staff all get votes that are weighted heavier then us peasants. Everyone gets to toss their vote into the mix.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

If something like this did go down, I would think a HOF panel of members be made up to, look at and grade all those eligable.

I think it's a great idea, would just have to work out the voting process, panel of judges, and the page itself..

Not a bad idea Audio........But like singer said, their are a few people I could think of right now who would be a shoe in, that don't post as often as some others, but are truly great assets to this site on their own for other reasons...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

It's a good idea. But as had been stated there has to be a way to judge who is in the HOF. Some don't post much on the football angle (such as myself) but contribute to the community that we have in other ways.

The count can only be part of this, as the kids will be doing their little one word posts to get the count up.

Great idea! Try to work the rules out for it Webby. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Good idea Audio.

My thoughts concerning this. I think its a great way for the members to show their appreciation towards other members of the site. I do not think that much weight should be given to post numbers; I know that its funny I mention this. But, there are cases where the member does not have thousands yet has some of the most excellent posts here at PP.O.....Caine.

I think we would have to come up with a selection committee with a good mix of members to figure out who is up for nomination. And since doing it every year would be way to long, we could induct a new class every 3 months.

We could put forth 10 or so names to be inducted. And then figure out how many votes are needed to get into the HoF. Maybe even a little button by your avatar?

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

That sounds like a good proposal Ultra. Need to make it fair for everyone. Maybe it will help get the kids to do better postings! :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Great idea ultra. That is what I was thinking. 2 right off the top of my head (don't appear to post that often) are Caine and Los Angelis (yes, I know he is a packers fan). Post numbers should not decide whether you are in the HOF or not.

The next step IMO would be desigining a panel. Maybe mods?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Great idea ultra. That is what I was thinking. 2 right off the top of my head (don't appear to post that often) are Caine and Los Angelis (yes, I know he is a packers fan). Post numbers should not decide whether you are in the HOF or not.

The next step IMO would be desigining a panel. Maybe mods?
    Mods and other members.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast