Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Stealing is bad mmmkay........

My apologies....

I just noticed that the signature picture that I had on my profile has been removed and replaced with the message, Stealing is bad mmmkay........

I certainly didnt realize I was stealing anything... I am new to this and after being shown in the forum how to attach a signature, I just found one that I thought was cool....

I absolutely would give full credit to the author (if I knew how) and of course, if I would have realized that it was bad ediquette to link to one without permission, I certainly would have asked first....

I do not remember whose signature I "stole", but if they read this, again, my apologies....

Ron
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Stealing is bad mmmkay........

lol

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Lol, where did you steal it from? Someone here or on another forum?

Here....

It was the signature that has SHARPER and K. ROB on it.... I just right clicked and pasted the link to my signature.... I didnt know anyone would be upset about it.... Opps....
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

lotsa ppl make sigs on here so if you see one that you like, send that person a message and ask them to make you one that is similar..unless you know how to make your own
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

lol

thats funny, dont worry about it, you didnt know!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

it's not stealing if there's not a copywrite. On the web, things are fast, and lose, and you have to assume everything is up for grabs if it's not on a corporate/institutional website.

Someone just took personal offense to your commonsensical approach to the web and didn't have the interest to confront you openly. If you ask me....that's lame, mmmkay.

Viva open source!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    it's not stealing if there's not a copywrite. On the web, things are fast, and lose, and you have to assume everything is up for grabs if it's not on a corporate/institutional website.

Someone just took personal offense to your commonsensical approach to the web and didn't have the interest to confront you openly. If you ask me....that's lame, mmmkay.

Viva open source!
    And yet, at the same time, a signature represents something that someone put a bit of effort into. It is an individualized expression of the original holder. While not "stealing" in the technical sense, taking a sig without permission is tantamount to using the same moniker. After all, would you be happy to having 15 people calling themselves ColoradoVike? How about if each one capitalized a different letter (The remaining 3 would have to capitalize 2 letters).

So, while I don't think that Vikefanman2000 meant to cause any harm, I can also see where the original holder would be slightly peeved at seeing his personal sig taken without permission.

Vikefanman2000, Olson_10 is absolutely correct. If you see a sig you really like, contact the "wearer" and ask them if they could help you out by maiking one for you. Most sig makers are more than happy to do so. I myself didn't make my sig, it was graciously created by another member (Who will remain nameless unless he wants to volunteer sig making services).

Just my 2 cents.

Caine

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Caine" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:

Viva open source!
    And yet, at the same time, a signature represents something that someone put a bit of effort into. It is an individualized expression of the original holder. While not "stealing" in the technical sense, taking a sig without permission is tantamount to using the same moniker. After all, would you be happy to having 15 people calling themselves ColoradoVike? How about if each one capitalized a different letter (The remaining 3 would have to capitalize 2 letters).

So, while I don't think that Vikefanman2000 meant to cause any harm, I can also see where the original holder would be slightly peeved at seeing his personal sig taken without permission.

Vikefanman2000, Olson_10 is absolutely correct. If you see a sig you really like, contact the "wearer" and ask them if they could help you out by maiking one for you. Most sig makers are more than happy to do so. I myself didn't make my sig, it was graciously created by another member (Who will remain nameless unless he wants to volunteer sig making services).

Just my 2 cents.

Caine
    Note: Vikefanman2000 cannot request for a sig to be made per the 150 post rule.

After 150, Caine is right, these guys will be happy to do so.

Caines sig...not to hard to figure out who did that one. :wink:

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    My apologies....

I just noticed that the signature picture that I had on my profile has been removed and replaced with the message, Stealing is bad mmmkay........

I certainly didnt realize I was stealing anything... I am new to this and after being shown in the forum how to attach a signature, I just found one that I thought was cool....

I absolutely would give full credit to the author (if I knew how) and of course, if I would have realized that it was bad ediquette to link to one without permission, I certainly would have asked first....

I do not remember whose signature I "stole", but if they read this, again, my apologies....

Ron
    Yeah, Ron, I wouldn't worry too much - it takes a while for all of us to learn the rules and "netiquette" on here. You'll get a sig soon enough. Hope this little snafu doesn't keep you from continuing to post!!!

Shock
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast