Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Search Function

  1. #31
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Search Function

    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    make sure you are in the forum index when you search, otherwise the search function will just search the thread you are in

    for example, if I search "dump" from this thread, it will return nothing, but if i go to the forums index, it will return the taking a dump thread, as well as other things.
    I'm not buying that. At least for the "Advanced Search" option that I use. It used to work both ways.

    I just did an "Advanced Search" for the word "dump" from this thread & also from the forums page.

    The results were the same.

    [img width=450 height=258]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/search.jpg[/img]

    Using just the "Search" function from the forums page yielded nothing also
    because its broken, when it worked normally, thats how it worked.

  2. #32
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Search Function

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    make sure you are in the forum index when you search, otherwise the search function will just search the thread you are in

    for example, if I search "dump" from this thread, it will return nothing, but if i go to the forums index, it will return the taking a dump thread, as well as other things.
    I'm not buying that. At least for the "Advanced Search" option that I use. It used to work both ways.

    I just did an "Advanced Search" for the word "dump" from this thread & also from the forums page.

    The results were the same.

    [img width=450 height=258]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/search.jpg[/img]

    Using just the "Search" function from the forums page yielded nothing also
    because its broken, when it worked normally, thats how it worked.
    Not true with the "SEARCH" button I use.

    I've always used the "SEARCH" tab that is between the "Home" & "My Bookmarks" tabs & I've use it hundreds of times. Irregardless of whether you were in a thread or a forum, it always performed a thourough search for me.

    I've never used the white "SEARCH" tab that is above & to the right of those tabs.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #33
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Search Function

    Still broke

  4. #34
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Search Function

    "Webby" wrote:
    Its multi-faceted, this issue.

    Search from home, all.
    Search from a thread, the thread.

    I also cut off some of the search indexing by date from home since this thing is 10 years old...but that is a different issue altogether.

    The 2.0 version should quadruple search speed and encompass all....when I get it released.

    Thanks for the notice and thought-invoking process for me.
    No!
    don't cut the indexing, some threads are meant to be dredged and should be.
    I have a freezer full of crow that needs to be distributed.

    Doesn't work for me.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #35
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Search Function

    Anyway, I am running the re-indexing, and will take about 20 hours or a little more.
    Can't run continuously, as I have to be logged in the whole time, I keep at it over the next week.

  6. #36
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Search Function

    "Webby" wrote:
    Anyway, I am running the re-indexing, and will take about 20 hours or a little more.

    Can't run continuously, as I have to be logged in the whole time, I keep at it over the next week.
    Thanks Webby.

    lmao, nice avatar.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #37
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Search Function

    Seems to be working now!

  8. #38
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Search Function

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Seems to be working now!
    It's been working for several days now.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #39
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Search Function

    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Seems to be working now!
    It's been working for severl days
    Thanks for informing us.

  10. #40
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Search Function

    Is the search really slow for anybody else?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Using the PP.O Search Function
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 02:40 PM
  2. Using the PP.O search Function
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 07:06 PM
  3. Need help with a PPO Search...
    By NordicNed in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 04:55 PM
  4. Sig. Search
    By DPep11 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 06:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •