Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Search Function

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Search Function

"Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    There are three different ways to search, and they all do slightly different things.

1. If you are in a thread, and you type something in the box above, and click the search button, it will just search in that thread. (note: if you are on the forum index page and do that, it will search all the threads)

2. If you click 'search' on the navigation bar above (between 'Home' and 'My Bookmarks'), it takes you to a basic search page that searches all the threads. This is the same thing that happens if you use method #1 from the forum index page.

3. If you click the magnifying glass next to the box above, it takes you to an advanced search page where you can get much more specific about what and where you are searching, and provides options on how you want to see the results.

Do #3 with "Minnesota Wild" and tell me what you find.

=Z=
    I got your wild thread when I searched. It is messed up right now.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    There are three different ways to search, and they all do slightly different things.

1. If you are in a thread, and you type something in the box above, and click the search button, it will just search in that thread. (note: if you are on the forum index page and do that, it will search all the threads)

2. If you click 'search' on the navigation bar above (between 'Home' and 'My Bookmarks'), it takes you to a basic search page that searches all the threads. This is the same thing that happens if you use method #1 from the forum index page.

3. If you click the magnifying glass next to the box above, it takes you to an advanced search page where you can get much more specific about what and where you are searching, and provides options on how you want to see the results.

=Z=
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=14081.0
    ^first search result

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

=Z=
    ^first search result
    Search "pics". I have most of the tailgate picture threads bookmarked and none come up. Most of them have pics in the thread title.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

ITs working for me now... It wasn't before, but I said a little pray and did a little dance and poof working.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

^first search result
    Well, poop.
    Worked for me, too.
    Didn't last week when I searched for it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The seach function is still broken

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    +1

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    +1
    I tried it today too and I couldn't find a thread about nothing.
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    make sure you are in the forum index when you search, otherwise the search function will just search the thread you are in

for example, if I search "dump" from this thread, it will return nothing, but if i go to the forums index, it will return the taking a dump thread, as well as other things.
    I'm not buying that. At least for the "Advanced Search" option that I use. It used to work both ways.

I just did an "Advanced Search" for the word "dump" from this thread & also from the forums page.

The results were the same.

[img width=450 height=258]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/search.jpg[/img]

Using just the "Search" function from the forums page yielded nothing also

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Broken

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast