singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Search" feature sucks

I have used the "Search" feature & it is absolutely piss poor with accurate results, however, the "Advanced Search" feature works great. It is a far superior tool.

I'm sure there are several members who don't use the "Advanced Search" feature or even know it exists when looking to see if a topic is pre-existing.

(It is located in the lower left of the "Search" box for those that are not aware of it.)

Is it possible to make the "Advanced Search" the default feature that comes up first when clicking the "SEARCH" tab on the toolbar?

I'd appreciate input from members who have used both to help substantiate my claim.

If nothing else, at least I have brought the existance of the "Advanced Search" feature to light for those who weren't aware it existed.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Re: "Search" feature sucks

"singersp" wrote:
    I have used the "Search" feature & it is absolutely piss poor with accurate results, however, the "Advanced Search" feature works great.

I'm sure there are several members who don't use the "Advanced Search" feature or even know it exists when looking to see if a topic is pre-existing.

(It is located in the lower left of the "Search" box for those that are not aware of it.)

Is it possible to make the "Advanced Search" the default feature that comes up first when clicking the "SEARCH" tab on the toolbar?

I'd appreciate input from members who have used both to help substantiate my claim.

If nothing else, at least I have brought the existance of the "Advanced Search" feature to those who weren't aware it existed.
    I agree with ya that the regular one sucks, and I am on record saying as much.

I didn't know about the advanced search feature, but I will sure use it from now on.

Thanks for bringing this up.
    -Sno

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with you that the search sucks, If you put in a past thread title it takes forever to find it or you don't find it at all.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

You have to use the Advanced Search.

Also, you must use "Most Recent Topics First".

It is not the best, but it is still useful.

Quit you bitching.
    ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I agree with you that the search sucks, If you put in a past thread title it takes forever to find it or you don't find it at all.
    With the advanced search you can set the number of days to go back & check as well as set the forums to look in.

The regular feature searches every thread & forum on the site back hundreds of days.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

searching is overrated. if its important enough, it will come to me
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Although Webby has/is doing a great job with the page, the basic search function doesn't really give a great result.
    I always use the advanced function.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg