Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Please Please someone with the capability, program spellcheck into the site

"marstc09" wrote:
    If someone is that upset over spelling, they need to rethink how they look at life. Just my opinion.
    True, especially online on a football forum.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I've often wondered how awesome it would be if I had ever learned how to type or could spell 100% correctly all the time with never a grammatical error.

But then again, my shit stinks, so it's a moot thought.
    That's what spellcheck is for. Someone can completely spell every word wrong, and it corrects the words for you. Actually looking at the keyboard when you type, and using spell check after you've typed it are 2 entirely different things. :

Obviously, you've missed my point. No Captains bars for you.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not a grammar and spelling nazi, but would it kill everyone to proofread your post before you hit the 'post' button. Some of you type so incomprehensibly, it's genuinely difficult to understand what you are trying to 'say' in your posts.

I have no idea if this has been discussed before, as the search function is not currently working.
    +1.

I've voiced my opinion on this in the past.

There are obviously different levels of education and intelligence on this site, and I respect that. But at least try to make your posts clear and correct enough to make your opinion sound tolerable, respectable, and clear.

Spelling errors I can tolerate, I'll break balls for it sometimes if it's silly. Obvious typos are fine. But elementary sentence structure and grammar errors can really irritate me. Sometimes I won't even respond to a post, despite the message it conveys because of how it's written. Not that it should matter to any of you whether or not I respond to you.

If you don't know how to do that, I'm sorry, you should learn how to for your own sake. It will help you in every aspect of life if you learn to speak and write properly, not that I have right to tell people how something will affect their lives, especially those that are older than I am. But there is no disputing the fact that it will help you.

"Mr" wrote:
    I'm not a grammar and spelling nazi, but would it kill everyone to proofread your post before you hit the 'post' button. Some of you type so incomprehensibly, it's genuinely difficult to understand what you are trying to 'say' in your posts.

I have no idea if this has been discussed before, as the search function is not currently working.
    +1.

I've voiced my opinion on this in the past.

There are obviously different levels of education and intelligence on this site, and I respect that. But at least try to make your posts clear and correct enough to make your opinion sound tolerable, respectable, and clear.

Spelling errors I can tolerate, I'll break balls for it sometimes if it's silly. Obvious typos are fine. But elementary sentence structure and grammar errors can really irritate me. Sometimes I won't even respond to a post, despite the message it conveys because of how it's written. Not that it should matter to any of you whether or not I respond to you.

If you don't know how to do that, I'm sorry, you should learn how to for your own sake. It will help you in every aspect of life if you learn to speak and write properly, not that I have right to tell people how something will affect their lives, especially those that are older than I am. But there is no disputing the fact that it will help you.
    You have to realise people treat message boards like talking in person...I come here to shoot the breeze about football and other things

I am a well educated man

I am finishing my 2nd university degree. Frankly I do not give a pooh about my grammar or spelling or anyone elses on here because its not a professional or learning enviroment.

Everyone on here has varying levels of education and intelligence as you pointed out so why start a thread smashing those people.

They may be ashamed of their writing skills and this may be one of the only places they do write. You wont respond to these people even if they have a good idea just because they have poor writing skils. Man book smarts dont equal street smarts...Some of the best opinions most thought opinions I have read were horribly written does that make the idea any less profound??

I totally agree there is a time and a place for grammar but were not wirting papers to be graded here so who cares.

If you want to write perfectly go for it no one cares or mentions it I just dont think iits cool to call out other people on this subject

PS I purposely wrote this in bad grammar and hooooribleee spelling enjoy Iam sure you wont respond you cant converse wiith someone that is so far below your inteligence level

None of you are going to convince me good grammar and spelling aren't important here, or anywhere else. If i wanted to call out indiviual people, i could. I stated my opinion and i am entitled to it, just like everyone else. PERIOD!! :
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

None of you are going to convince me good grammar and spelling aren't important here, or anywhere else. If i wanted to call out indiviual people, i could. I stated my opinion and i am entitled to it, just like everyone else. PERIOD!! :
    It's considered poor english to leave the I's in your sentences in lower case letters.
    :-\ I am probably one of the worst on this board and might have been the person that forced you to create this thread. However, I typically post from work where I do not have the time to proof read each thread. Sometimes, I'm posting from an Iphone, where typing itself it often a fight due to my larger than average fingers. I simply try not to pass judgement on people because of their grammar and spelling because you never know where a profound statment may come from. Some of the most educated guys on this site often have perfect sentences but say the silliest, most illogical things. Then again my opininon is in the minority regardless of grammar and sentence structure.

i am also above reading misspellings and grammer erors. fix it or here my reath

ROFL

take it easy , why let some thing soooooo small, trivial and pointless as prim and proper comunication get ya worked up.....

if you can understand it then take it for what is says . if you have trouble understanding what they are trying to say then ask wtf they were talking about. but dont throw your self under the bus and make your post flame bait. alot of posters around here have flamethrowers and are certified to use them.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Chuck Taylor is offline Training Camp

There's also people on this site for whom english is a second language, me being one of them, who may not always have correct spelling or grammar, just because our primary language isn't english.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Chuck" wrote:
    There's also people on this site for whom english is a second language, me being one of them, who may not always have correct spelling or grammar, just because our primary language isn't english.
    True.
    There are also many retards, idiots, morons, wusses, assholes, jerks, etc.
    There is no hope of grammar and spelling reaching their radars.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Chuck" wrote:
    Then spell-check would help you.
    If you use Firefox, it comes with spell-check. It wouldn't help the people who write "Your" for "You're" and other annoying errors.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast