Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC Help

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: PC Help

"digital420" wrote:
    If you are unsure of your ability to do the following I suggest taking it to a proffesional.

1. Unplug the system, and open the box. check the following connections.
    a. hard drive power and ide or sata cable.
    b. any accessories you might have attached. ie.. dvd, cd, ect..
    c. as you are getting to this screen, you are ok, with the cpu, ram, and vid card. but you might want to check the cpu fan. make sure it's getting its power, and is rotating when you turn it on.

2. you can remove the battery on the mother board while the system is unplugged. leave it out for about 20 min. this will dump your bios encase there is a hiccup in it.

based on your camera shot. it seems that it is stalling while trying to either rebuild the bios.. or an update/issue has failed with the bios. this can cause system halting while it does it's internal check.

good luck, and hope you get it solved.
    I was going to post but this pretty well covers it... sounds like a connection or hung bios, so make sure those connections are solid then remove the battery and put it back in.
    You shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes though.... maybe 5

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    If you are unsure of your ability to do the following I suggest taking it to a proffesional.

c. as you are getting to this screen, you are ok, with the cpu, ram, and vid card. but you might want to check the cpu fan. make sure it's getting its power, and is rotating when you turn it on.

2. you can remove the battery on the mother board while the system is unplugged. leave it out for about 20 min. this will dump your bios encase there is a hiccup in it.

based on your camera shot. it seems that it is stalling while trying to either rebuild the bios.. or an update/issue has failed with the bios. this can cause system halting while it does it's internal check.

I was going to post but this pretty well covers it... sounds like a connection or hung bios, so make sure those connections are solid then remove the battery and put it back in.
    Ok, I will do this when I get home.
    Thank guys!!!

I have had this PC for 2 years and hope it is not fried.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

U all are smart

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

Ok, I will do this when I get home.
    Thank guys!!!

I have had this PC for 2 years and hope it is not fried.
    I feel confident it is salvagable....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"digital420" wrote:

Thanks a ton bro!

I unplugged and opened 'er up.
    Tightened connections (cussed) and it works.
    Maybe something came a little loose!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12