Del Rio Guest

Official Messages Suggestion

With all of the fever over the Moss trade, and the new ownership I have read a few posts by Mods asking for it to stop. I posted this in a response, but since this is a suggestion and this is the suggestion box I figured I could post it here.

The suggestion is as follows: Make an OFFICIAL moss trade thread, and an official Fowlers thread.

This would make life so much easier on you Mods and people who aren't on the site everyday who actually come here to get some information. I know you wish they would but people aren't going to search a thread and scroll through 1,000 Moss trade posts to see if what they are aching to say has been said before. You're asking someone to do a half an hour of research before they post a 30 second message.

You make an official message, inside the message state in bold at the top. "This is the one the only holy mother of all Moss Trade messages." "If you post a message about Moss Trade in any other message or start a new thread it will be deleted. Do not take this personal But hey it isn't our fault you can't read"

Then go back delete, or move (if possible) all the other threads on Moss trade. Do the same with anything else you are worried over.

Then your life is instantly easy. You see a Moss Trade thread outside of it's official post delete it no remorse.

Best of all if someone wants to get some information on Moss Trade they can scroll through one post and not have to search the 50 other posts with 1,000's of messages that all say the same thing. No more warnings no more babysitting. And you guys provide a sensible and realistic solution for the crowd you try to mod.

Just a suggestion I have seen it on other boards, my board I frequent on the finer taste of goat cheese has these. We had a problem with people starting hundreds of thread over what whine was best suited for Goat Cheese.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Official Messages Suggestion

"Del Rio" wrote:
    With all of the fever over the Moss trade, and the new ownership I have read a few posts by Mods asking for it to stop. I posted this in a response, but since this is a suggestion and this is the suggestion box I figured I could post it here.

The suggestion is as follows: Make an OFFICIAL moss trade thread, and an official Fowlers thread.

This would make life so much easier on you Mods and people who aren't on the site everyday who actually come here to get some information. I know you wish they would but people aren't going to search a thread and scroll through 1,000 Moss trade posts to see if what they are aching to say has been said before. You're asking someone to do a half an hour of research before they post a 30 second message.

You make an official message, inside the message state in bold at the top. "This is the one the only holy mother of all Moss Trade messages." "If you post a message about Moss Trade in any other message or start a new thread it will be deleted. Do not take this personal But hey it isn't our fault you can't read"

Then go back delete, or move (if possible) all the other threads on Moss trade. Do the same with anything else you are worried over.

Then your life is instantly easy. You see a Moss Trade thread outside of it's official post delete it no remorse.

Best of all if someone wants to get some information on Moss Trade they can scroll through one post and not have to search the 50 other posts with 1,000's of messages that all say the same thing. No more warnings no more babysitting. And you guys provide a sensible and realistic solution for the crowd you try to mod.

Just a suggestion I have seen it on other boards, my board I frequent on the finer taste of goat cheese has these. We had a problem with people starting hundreds of thread over what whine was best suited for Goat Cheese.
    "But I re-e-e-e-ally wa-a-a-a-nted tha-a-a-a-t Goat Che-he-he-he-ese" - the proper WHINE for Goat Cheese!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

How about a Fowler Forum and a Moss Forum? I know that might seem a bit overdone, but heck, organizing 74 Fowler threads and 134 Moss thread might be easier in their own little worlds.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Webby and I were talking about this tonight while drinking a beer at Old Chigago with Shock... sounds like we're gonna get the green light to make it and then lock all the existing threads...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm shocked you guys could talk about anything constructive while getting hammered!! Good job!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

:lol: I was only on break from work... no time to get hammered

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

There's always time to get hammered!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

everyday that is