Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    Here is a site that addresses the W32.Looksky virus.
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-remove-trojan-w32-looksky-removal-instructions-t165752.html

    If memory serves correctly, the reason crap keeps reappearing on your computer is because you are shutting down the processes that the virus spins off, not the process that the virus itself is actually running on.
    Unless you remov it from the registry, you cannot get rid of it.
    The software they recommend will clean your registry for you, which you can also do manually if you have the know-how.


    I am surprised that your Virus software couldn't clean it.
    It is a fairly run of the mill trojan.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You have any luck getting rid of it?

    Tech guys said to tell you to make sure you remove it in safe mode, vice normal mode.
    Just got home. I'm going to download the latest version of Spybot S & D, print the instructions Zeus supplied, reboot in safe mode & give it a whirl.

    Better hope it works, I brought home some doozies from work for the HOF & 15K Serenity Now thread.

    Marrdro, if you want to see the unedited version, I'll need your e-mail address......

    & don't forget to ask for permission from WildWoman first.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You have any luck getting rid of it?

    Tech guys said to tell you to make sure you remove it in safe mode, vice normal mode.
    Just got home. I'm going to download the latest version of Spybot S & D, print the instructions Zeus supplied, reboot in safe mode & give it a whirl.

    Better hope it works, I brought home some doozies from work for the HOF & 15K Serenity Now thread.

    Marrdro, if you want to see the unedited version, I'll need your e-mail address......

    & don't forget to ask for permission from WildWoman first.
    I don't know if I want you emailing me anything.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Here is a site that addresses the W32.Looksky virus.
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-remove-trojan-w32-looksky-removal-instructions-t165752.html

    If memory serves correctly, the reason crap keeps reappearing on your computer is because you are shutting down the processes that the virus spins off, not the process that the virus itself is actually running on.
    Unless you remov it from the registry, you cannot get rid of it.
    The software they recommend will clean your registry for you, which you can also do manually if you have the know-how.


    I am surprised that your Virus software couldn't clean it.
    It is a fairly run of the mill trojan.
    Wow. I feel like I should applaud that or something.

  5. #25
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Here is a site that addresses the W32.Looksky virus.
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-remove-trojan-w32-looksky-removal-instructions-t165752.html

    If memory serves correctly, the reason crap keeps reappearing on your computer is because you are shutting down the processes that the virus spins off, not the process that the virus itself is actually running on.
    Unless you remov it from the registry, you cannot get rid of it.
    The software they recommend will clean your registry for you, which you can also do manually if you have the know-how.


    I am surprised that your Virus software couldn't clean it.
    It is a fairly run of the mill trojan.
    Wow. I feel like I should applaud that or something.
    Worked in tech support while I was finishing my engineering degree.
    My head is crammed wil useless information.
    Singer, I would still try Spybots in safe mode like Z said.
    This is a final resort effort that you can use if nothing else works.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #26
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.
    I just asked a software guy here and he said to stay away from Russian porn sites.

    =Z=
    Thanx for your other post Zeus. The warning I get says it's a W32.Looksky trojan.

    It wasn't a Russian pornsite. Actually it was BLV & Marrdro's fault. Marrdro was asking who the babe was in your Girl's in T-Shirt thread & while I was looking to remember who it was, BLV posted that it was Christina Model.

    Being the helpful guy I am, I was going to post the link to her website for Marrdro. When I GOOGLED her name, I noticed there was a Christina Model video.

    So I clicked on it to see if it was worth posting on PP.O & it said I needed to invoke an active X control 1st. I hot OK instead of cancel & that's when I got infected.
    Is this the first ever case of pp.o herpes?

  7. #27
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    Next time wipe off with one of these


  8. #28
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Here is a site that addresses the W32.Looksky virus.
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-remove-trojan-w32-looksky-removal-instructions-t165752.html

    If memory serves correctly, the reason crap keeps reappearing on your computer is because you are shutting down the processes that the virus spins off, not the process that the virus itself is actually running on.
    Unless you remov it from the registry, you cannot get rid of it.
    The software they recommend will clean your registry for you, which you can also do manually if you have the know-how.


    I am surprised that your Virus software couldn't clean it.
    It is a fairly run of the mill trojan.
    Thanx ND! That worked like a charm. Although I did run Spyboy while in safe mode afterward for good measure.

    Spybot might have took care of it the first time, had I run in it safe mode, but that's a moot point now.

    Good to be back!

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #29
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Next time wipe off with one of these

    LOL! Did you draw that yourself Ultra?

  10. #30
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    You can get Kaspersky Antivirus for like 20 bucks now at best buy it's like the best protection you can get from malware believe me. Until then surf the net

    Happy Browsing


    Formerly Viking24

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help with a virus!
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 07:40 PM
  2. Beware of iPhone virus
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
  3. VIRUS ALERT! IMPORTANT!
    By Guitarzan-54 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
  4. New Virus; Beware
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:21 PM
  5. Flu-like virus -ohh no...Get some Tussin
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 04:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •