Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.
    I just asked a software guy here and he said to stay away from Russian porn sites.

    =Z=
    Funny how all of them say the same thing.
    Heck it must be true.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.
    I just asked a software guy here and he said to stay away from Russian porn sites.

    =Z=
    Thanx for your other post Zeus. The warning I get says it's a W32.Looksky trojan.

    It wasn't a Russian pornsite. Actually it was BLV & Marrdro's fault. Marrdro was asking who the babe was in your Girl's in T-Shirt thread & while I was looking to remember who it was, BLV posted that it was Christina Model.

    Being the helpful guy I am, I was going to post the link to her website for Marrdro. When I GOOGLED her name, I noticed there was a Christina Model video.

    So I clicked on it to see if it was worth posting on PP.O & it said I needed to invoke an active X control 1st. I hot OK instead of cancel & that's when I got infected.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.


    They have heard of it, but aren't sure of the fix without downloading something to clean it.

    What version of Avast, Adware (is that NoAdware) and Spybot do you have? Also do you get updates to those programs..........

    We will see if we can help.
    We meaning I ask, they provide info, I relay....... ;D
    Barry, one of our geeks says Spybot should take it out.
    He recommends downloading a new version before you delete anything.

    Here is the link he sent me.
    He also asked if you have Norton or McAfee?

    http://spywarebot.com/?hop=congoman&...FR4zgQodIAQFPw
    Avast is 4.7

    AdAware is the latest & greatest

    Spybot is 1.4 I believe

    I updated them all before running them
    Are these trusted programs? I use Mcafee and it never fails me.

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.


    They have heard of it, but aren't sure of the fix without downloading something to clean it.

    What version of Avast, Adware (is that NoAdware) and Spybot do you have? Also do you get updates to those programs..........

    We will see if we can help.
    We meaning I ask, they provide info, I relay....... ;D
    Barry, one of our geeks says Spybot should take it out.
    He recommends downloading a new version before you delete anything.

    Here is the link he sent me.
    He also asked if you have Norton or McAfee?

    http://spywarebot.com/?hop=congoman&...FR4zgQodIAQFPw
    Avast is 4.7

    AdAware is the latest & greatest

    Spybot is 1.4 I believe

    I updated them all before running them
    Are these trusted programs? I use Mcafee and it never fails me.
    I do not have Norton anymore, but have the disks. On the advice from Webby I removed it from my machine & went with Avast.

    McAfee, I believe is my MSN firewall software.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.


    They have heard of it, but aren't sure of the fix without downloading something to clean it.

    What version of Avast, Adware (is that NoAdware) and Spybot do you have? Also do you get updates to those programs..........

    We will see if we can help.
    We meaning I ask, they provide info, I relay....... ;D
    Barry, one of our geeks says Spybot should take it out.
    He recommends downloading a new version before you delete anything.

    Here is the link he sent me.
    He also asked if you have Norton or McAfee?

    http://spywarebot.com/?hop=congoman&...FR4zgQodIAQFPw
    Avast is 4.7

    AdAware is the latest & greatest

    Spybot is 1.4 I believe

    I updated them all before running them
    Are these trusted programs? I use Mcafee and it never fails me.
    I do not have Norton anymore, but have the disks. On the advice from Webby I removed it from my machine & went with Avast.

    McAfee, I believe is my MSN firewall software.
    Webby was correct.
    If you are running something else then don't run Norton or McAfee at the same time.

    Did you do the download yet?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.
    I just asked a software guy here and he said to stay away from Russian porn sites.

    =Z=
    Thanx for your other post Zeus. The warning I get says it's a W32.Looksky trojan.

    It wasn't a Russian pornsite. Actually it was BLV & Marrdro's fault. Marrdro was asking who the babe was in your Girl's in T-Shirt thread & while I was looking to remember who it was, BLV posted that it was Christina Model.

    Being the helpful guy I am, I was going to post the link to her website for Marrdro. When I GOOGLED her name, I noticed there was a Christina Model video.

    So I clicked on it to see if it was worth posting on PP.O & it said I needed to invoke an active X control 1st. I hot OK instead of cancel & that's when I got infected.
    Bro, that's the oldest one in the book.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.
    I just asked a software guy here and he said to stay away from Russian porn sites.

    =Z=
    Thanx for your other post Zeus. The warning I get says it's a W32.Looksky trojan.

    It wasn't a Russian pornsite. Actually it was BLV & Marrdro's fault. Marrdro was asking who the babe was in your Girl's in T-Shirt thread & while I was looking to remember who it was, BLV posted that it was Christina Model.

    Being the helpful guy I am, I was going to post the link to her website for Marrdro. When I GOOGLED her name, I noticed there was a Christina Model video.

    So I clicked on it to see if it was worth posting on PP.O & it said I needed to invoke an active X control 1st. I hot OK instead of cancel & that's when I got infected.
    Bro, that's the oldest one in the book.
    She is hot though........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    You have any luck getting rid of it?

    Tech guys said to tell you to make sure you remove it in safe mode, vice normal mode.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.
    I just asked a software guy here and he said to stay away from Russian porn sites.

    =Z=
    Funny how all of them say the same thing.
    Heck it must be true.

    ;D
    That tells me those computer geeks do a lot of surfing on Russian porn sites....

    How else would they know?

    I do like 'em with hair but avoid the Russian porn sites. I like the hair down below, but not in the arm pit area.

    The hair down below helps let you know if they are legal.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    My sister got a really ridiculous trojan/replicator virus last year on her laptop.

    It literally filled her hard drive to capacity, there were 8BYTES, not kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes etc 8 bytes available. So I tried everything I knew of, McCafee, Norton, and every other spyware removal and antivirus program I knew of with no success, so I had to reformat.



    But you should be alright if you run Spybot S&D, Norton Antivirus, and McAfee all in safe mode.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help with a virus!
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 07:40 PM
  2. Beware of iPhone virus
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
  3. VIRUS ALERT! IMPORTANT!
    By Guitarzan-54 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
  4. New Virus; Beware
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:21 PM
  5. Flu-like virus -ohh no...Get some Tussin
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 04:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •