Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    Not everything is good on my birthday as the internet blessed me with a Trojan virus I can't get rid of.

    It appears to be the Looksky virus & Avast, Adware & Spybot won't get rid of it. I get pop-ups warnimg me of the virus 7 prompts to get rid of it, but that invokes me to download Ultimate Cleaner software from Uclean.com. It was not a Windows Security Alert like message like the message decievingly implies.

    My background is infected with an ad for Ultimate Cleaner and there is also a hotlink ad there as well.

    As soon as I kill those processes & remove the Error Cleaner, Privacy Protector & Spware & Malware Protector shortcuts that appear on my desktop, they reapear in a minute or two.

    This is what I keep getting over my background;


    Anyone know how to get rid of it in a way a non-computer geek can understand?





    [img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/danger.jpg[/img][img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/capt.gif[/img][img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/down.gif[/img]

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,761

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    Sorry to hear that Singer, but Im not suprised you/your computer has contracted a virus (would that be a STD or CTD) ? Stay off the porn dude lol
    :P I wish I had a answer for your problems, but I dont, good luck with that, its a PITA.

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "singersp" wrote:
    Not everything is good on my birthday as the internet blessed me with a Trojan virus I can't get rid of.

    It appears to be the Looksky virus & Avast, Adware & Spybot won't get rid of it. I get pop-ups warnimg me of the virus 7 prompts to get rid of it, but that invokes me to download Ultimate Cleaner software from Uclean.com. It was not a Windows Security Alert like message like the message decievingly implies.

    My background is infected with an ad for Ultimate Cleaner and there is also a hotlink ad there as well.

    As soon as I kill those processes & remove the Error Cleaner, Privacy Protector & Spware & Malware Protector shortcuts that appear on my desktop, they reapear in a minute or two.

    This is what I keep getting over my background;

    Anyone know how to get rid of it in a way a non-computer geek can understand?
    It appears there are a bunch of different Looksky viruses out there, chief.
    Here are the steps to remove Looksky.g:

    http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-looksky-g.html

    Looksky.g manual removal:
    Kill processes:
    acc_info9.exe, ebay_info.exe, sachostb.exe, sachostc.exe, sachostp.exe, sachosts.exe, sachostw.exe, sachostx.exe, tmx[X].exe
    HELP:
    how to kill malicious processes

    Delete registry values:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\hostsrv
    HELP:
    how to remove registry entries

    Delete files:
    acc_info9.exe, ebay_info.exe, sachostb.exe, sachostc.exe, sachostp.exe, sachosts.exe, sachostw.exe, sachostx.exe, tmx[X].exe, attrib.ini, msvcrl.dll
    HELP:
    how to remove harmful files

    Misc:
    [X] is a combination of several random characters.

    Files acc_info9.exe and ebay_info.exe arrive attached to bogus e-mail messages.

    Exact file location:
    sachostx.exe - C:\Windows or C:\Winnt
    tmx[X].exe - C:\Windows\Temp or C:\Winnt\Temp
    sachostb.exe, sachostc.exe, sachostp.exe, sachostw.exe, msvcrl.dll, attrib.ini - C:\Windows\System, C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Winnt\System32
    You probably need to identify which one you have and then Google it.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.


    They have heard of it, but aren't sure of the fix without downloading something to clean it.

    What version of Avast, Adware (is that NoAdware) and Spybot do you have? Also do you get updates to those programs..........

    We will see if we can help.
    We meaning I ask, they provide info, I relay....... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    before you begin deleting things i would suggest you boot yer pc into safe mode.


    then, you are not launching the startup's to those infected files.

    now.. follow the steps mentioned in the post above and locate the .exe that you have. deleting it helps, but it might be buried somewhere. make sure you have, view hidden files, view system files, view known extentions.


    once you have completed that, you should reboot. if it comes back. you should google out the ones you have and look for a specific cleaner.
    you can check out www.securityfocus.com for some other good information.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    Try going into system restore and restore your computer to a couple of days before this happened before you delete anything.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.


    They have heard of it, but aren't sure of the fix without downloading something to clean it.

    What version of Avast, Adware (is that NoAdware) and Spybot do you have? Also do you get updates to those programs..........

    We will see if we can help.
    We meaning I ask, they provide info, I relay....... ;D
    Avast is 4.7

    AdAware is the latest & greatest

    Spybot is 1.4 I believe

    I updated them all before running them

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.


    They have heard of it, but aren't sure of the fix without downloading something to clean it.

    What version of Avast, Adware (is that NoAdware) and Spybot do you have? Also do you get updates to those programs..........

    We will see if we can help.
    We meaning I ask, they provide info, I relay....... ;D
    Barry, one of our geeks says Spybot should take it out.
    He recommends downloading a new version before you delete anything.

    Here is the link he sent me.
    He also asked if you have Norton or McAfee?

    http://spywarebot.com/?hop=congoman&...FR4zgQodIAQFPw
    Avast is 4.7

    AdAware is the latest & greatest

    Spybot is 1.4 I believe

    I updated them all before running them
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus



    Try this, it helps:



    And stay off the beat off sites perv!

  10. #10
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Need help getting rid of Looksky Trojan Virus

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sent in a request to some of my geeks.
    I just asked a software guy here and he said to stay away from Russian porn sites.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help with a virus!
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 07:40 PM
  2. Beware of iPhone virus
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
  3. VIRUS ALERT! IMPORTANT!
    By Guitarzan-54 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
  4. New Virus; Beware
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:21 PM
  5. Flu-like virus -ohh no...Get some Tussin
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 04:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •