PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

need advice about building a website

Hello fellow PPOers I was hoping to build a simple website for a handyman business in Northern Minnesota. Two days ago I signed up with a web hosting place called smartlogic.com and got the domain name I wanted and started to design my website through them... but I can't do what I wanted to do. They have frame templates that is very limited on what you can do. I was hoping to put my own pictures in the background, put my Logo on top and have some text listing what jobs I can do. Keep it simple.

Well smartlogic tech support is pretty much non existent. there is a susposedly a 30 day money back guarantee which I'm thinking about
    doing. The domain name is though them so will I lose this? If there is anybody that haves any advice for me I will gladly take it. Thanks

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: need advice about building a website

Check with the local community and technical colleges in the area. There could very well be some students that are near graduation and would love to do something like this as way to build their portfolio. Plus it would be considerably cheaper.

Also this will probably get moved to the "Help" forum

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"Garland" wrote:
    Check with the local community and technical colleges in the area. There could very well be some students that are near graduation and would love to do something like this as way to build their portfolio. Plus it would be considerably cheaper.

Also this will probably get moved to the "Help" forum

Thank you for the advice! I was hoping I put this in the right forum...Sorry mods if I screwed up.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Yep, I moved it.

Garland had a good idea PurplePumpkin. That might be worth checking out. Good luck.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:
    Hello fellow PPOers I was hoping to build a simple website for a handyman business in Northern Minnesota. Two days ago I signed up with a web hosting place called smartlogic.com and got the domain name I wanted and started to design my website through them... but I can't do what I wanted to do. They have frame templates that is very limited on what you can do. I was hoping to put my own pictures in the background, put my Logo on top and have some text listing what jobs I can do. Keep it simple.

Well smartlogic tech support is pretty much non existent. there is a susposedly a 30 day money back guarantee which I'm thinking about
    doing. The domain name is though them so will I lose this? If there is anybody that haves any advice for me I will gladly take it. Thanks
    I use smartlogic also and haven't really had any problems so far.
    But even though your domain name is with them doesn't mean you have to use them for your server.
    For example, I use godaddy for my domain and smartlogic for the server.
    If you change servers you just have to tell smartlogic the server that your domain name needs to be transfered to.
    With godaddy I was able to do it on my account online so I bet it's the same with smartlogic.