Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Music listening/recording question

Need some help.

I would like to invest in a portable music device (e.g., ipod) that can also record music.
    I'm not sure what to buy.

My main goal is to have something that can record live music, a couple of people with guitars, and to listen to music and have it be reasonably portable and have reasonable quality.
    I wouldn't mind buying additional microphones and other accessories if necessary.

I do have access to a recording studio, but I'm looking for something that can record the impromptu stuff.

Suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Music listening/recording question

"Prophet" wrote:
    Need some help.

I would like to invest in a portable music device (e.g., ipod) that can also record music.

My main goal is to have something that can record live music, a couple of people with guitars, and to listen to music and have it be reasonably portable and have reasonable quality.
    I wouldn't mind buying additional microphones and other accessories if necessary.

I do have access to a recording studio, but I'm looking for something that can record the impromptu stuff.

Suggestions?
    Thanks.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    Need some help.

Suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Not a low cost solution but a high quality, try.............http://www.presonus.com/firepod.html#diagrams

For a lower cost set up try.......
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-Portastudio-414MKII-StartUp-Package?sku=241119

There are a veriety of portable studios available that are relatively simple to use.

Some are tape and some are digital. The prices very accordingly.

Most recording is computer based today and you need an interface with recording software.

Firewire is a good interface if you have a firewire port on your pc.

There is a lot of info on this subject on the net. Good luck sifting through it.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Need some help.

Suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Not a low cost solution but a high quality, try.............http://www.presonus.com/firepod.html#diagrams

For a lower cost set up try.......
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-Portastudio-414MKII-StartUp-Package?sku=241119

There are a veriety of portable studios available that are relatively simple to use.

Some are tape and some are digital. The prices very accordingly.

Most recording is computer based today and you need an interface with recording software.

Firewire is a good interface if you have a firewire port on your pc.

There is a lot of info on this subject on the net. Good luck sifting through it.
    Singer, I think I have that one already, it's ok, but I'm looking for an upgrade.

Thanks Jar, that's a lot more than I knew.
    It gives me a starting point.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Ipod and Itunes are always a great chocie for listening to music.However they have no ability to record music.Itunes does however have the easiest way to burn cd's wich takes no skill or effort.As for recording....u have to ask someone else about that ;D

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

there is a company called rio thatcan do the "voice record" feature heres a link http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?model=306

Thanks josdin00