Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mp3

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: mp3

should i be worried now that i can't find it after i restarted my computer? i went to the part of the comp where it was and the area where it was, was gone. i'm glad it's gone but could it do anything else?!?

Thanks Josdin

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Heh, the geek squad.. aka the pimple faced mafia.
    :lol: do you guys think i should worry if i can't find it, and it wouldn't let me delete it before i restarted my computer?

Thanks Josdin

It could be a virus (or some other unwanted file disguised as an MP3). I've had the same thing happen to me in the past. Restarting in safe mode will usually allow you to delete the file, but if you restarted and it's no longer there I'm not too sure what's up. You might want to search for the file in safe mode and then, if you find it, delete it.
    Even babies know the difference.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I don't know pal, you lost me now, sorry.. all this computer talk is confusing me.

how you get into same mode with Windows XP?

Thanks Josdin

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    how you get into same mode with Windows XP?
    When the Operating System first starts (after the power on self test), press the F8 key on your keyboard. This will display a menu on a black background, which has an option called "Safe Mode." Actually there are a couple different Safe Mode options, depending on whether you want to use the network, or just a command prompt. Choosing Safe Mode will allow you to at least boot up, so that you can uninstall a bad driver, or change problematic system settings, etc.
    Even babies know the difference.

k well i still couldn't find it in safe mode, so i don't have the slightest idea of what happened to it. hopefully nothing happens to my computer. thanks for all the help.

Thanks Josdin

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

that sucks. i suck with compys sorry mr.

Go vikes!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If you do a file search for the name and can't find it then it was probably deleted. Sometimes when you get the "still in use" its because it is still on your media player. Next time just play a different mp3 and then delete the file. The fact that you are still posting here probably means it wasn't a virus. :smile: Not to mention that the mp3 extension is not an exe prog which is necessary for virus's. Sometimes you might run into a fake mp3 that would look like this. mysong.mp3.exe The only other way it could be a virus is if you dl'ed the song in a zip file that installed something when you unziped it. Usually a trojan in that case.

WWBGD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12