Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

More computer help

:sad:

I tried opening my itunes today and it came up with an error message saying that I should re-install itunes. I went to re-install itunes and it too came up with an error. I NEED my music or I will not be able to function. PLEASE HELP.

Will I lose all of my music? This can't happen. I have way too much.

Re: More computer help

Should I un-install itunes or will that risk losing all of my music? This is not good.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Should I un-install itunes or will that risk losing all of my music? This is not good.
    try saving your tunes to a cd file, then re-install..atleast u will have saved them instead of having to download again..

I can't open my itunes. How would I do that.

vikingTurf Guest

Depends where ur songs are located originally, say u use iTunes to play songs that are located in ur deskop. then uninstalling iTunes won't delete those songs; but if u say import songs from ur ipod directly into iTunes, then it will delete those songs as those songs are placed in iTunes own folder which will probably get all cleaned up once u un-nstall iTunes. Are you using iTunes in windows??
    I am not exactly sure how iTunes is set for windows, couldn't be much different from the way they are set up in Macs. But if I remember right in my old mac, iTunes has its own music folder where I can manaully add, removie music files from. So your best bet is to export all ur songs to some other location in ur machine, then un-install iTunes if that's what u are looking to do.

vikingTurf Guest

I can't open my itunes. How would I do that.
    SInce u can't open the aplication no question of automatically using the export function. U can manually go to the folder, go to Program files>iTunes and it's probably somewhere there and named 'Library", u can just duplicate the whole folder and copy to different place. then u can uninstall the whole thing. SOrry I haven't used iTunes in a windows so not excatly sure what the folder structure is.

Yeah.. i opened up my music and all of my songs are still there but Itunes won't open... this is confusing. I am using windows XP on a sony vaio.

vikingTurf Guest

Yeah.. i opened up my music and all of my songs are still there but Itunes won't open... this is confusing. I am using windows XP on a sony vaio.
    Can you duplicate that folder(that has all ur songs) inside my music, just to be on a safer side. then u can safely un-install iTunes. then install it again.

vikingTurf Guest

By that I mean just make a copy of that folder and put it say on ur deskop fo rnow. then uninstall, sorry I hope i am confusing u more

Well more importantly.. how can I get itunes to re-download. I looked on my programs list and I can't find an itunes so it obviously got deleted somehow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast