Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Even though I know that SIA loves these threads, the ones where we congratulate folks for hitting milestones in their posting, I suggest that there is one sticky thread in the clubhouse where these threads are located.

    The end.
    I may be wrong, but I think what you really want to see is a child board that contains all the congratulatory threads, much like the "PP.O Who are they really" child board & not a sticky thread.

    A sticky thread is one single thread, whereas a child board is like a sub-forum that contains all relevant threads.

    I think the way you have it worded is confusing the fuck out of a lot of people. They might be looking at it as if you are suggesting that there be one single thread that people get congratulated in or a single post within that thread gets entered with the milestone on it. I don't think that is what you are suggesting.

    I think there is nothing wrong with adding a child board to put them all into, in fact I think it's a damn fine idea.

    Hell, we have a child board for the "Who are they really?" threads & there's a lot less of them than there is congratulatory threads, so why not?

    All congratz threads should have a child board except for the the hall of fame congratz wich should go in the hall of fame forum

  2. #62
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Even though I know that SIA loves these threads, the ones where we congratulate folks for hitting milestones in their posting, I suggest that there is one sticky thread in the clubhouse where these threads are located.

    The end.
    I may be wrong, but I think what you really want to see is a Child Board that contains all the congratulatory threads, much like the "PP.O Who are they really" child board & not a Sticky Thread.

    A sticky thread is one single thread, whereas a child board is like a sub-forum that contains all relevant threads.

    ....
    Yes, it was confusing how i worded it.
    I did mean thread, not child board.
    Just keep tacking them on.
    I don't think it's interesting enough to be a child board, unless it really makes your wang hard to read congrats a bunch of times in successive posts.

    The other thing is that there are many 'milestones' that can go unnoticed with thousands of members.
    Some would get their panties in a wad if the congratulatory thread isn't started for them when they reached some perceived milestone.
    I am always concerned about everyone being really happy, especially people with fragile egos.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #63
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    They are threads for Maddro to whore-up.

    1 post saying "Great post" and another congratulating the milestone.
    Don't forget the obligatory "You crack me up" post........


    By the way, your cracking me up my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #64
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Even though I know that SIA loves these threads, the ones where we congratulate folks for hitting milestones in their posting, I suggest that there is one sticky thread in the clubhouse where these threads are located.

    The end.
    I may be wrong, but I think what you really want to see is a child board that contains all the congratulatory threads, much like the "PP.O Who are they really" child board & not a sticky thread.

    A sticky thread is one single thread, whereas a child board is like a sub-forum that contains all relevant threads.

    I think the way you have it worded is confusing the fuck out of a lot of people. They might be looking at it as if you are suggesting that there be one single thread that people get congratulated in or a single post within that thread gets entered with the milestone on it. I don't think that is what you are suggesting.

    I think there is nothing wrong with adding a child board to put them all into, in fact I think it's a damn fine idea.

    Hell, we have a child board for the "Who are they really?" threads & there's a lot less of them than there is congratulatory threads, so why not?

    All congratz threads should have a child board except for the the hall of fame congratz wich should go in the hall of fame forum
    And the 25,000 post milestone should go into the Valhalla Forum.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #65
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    And we should rename the site to PP.A (Purplepride.Article)

  6. #66
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ....I just don't want to see the board become so rigid that people are afraid to contribute their opinions on things...or to just post things of interest.

    Otherwise, we lose the free flow of information between members...which is what keeps me coming back.
    It won't happen anyway, I'm the only person in support of the idea.
    I think Z was against it.
    I just saw about 6 of those type of threads in the clubhouse this a.m. and decided to go off on it.
    See what happens.
    I should have known that it would come down to a taint licking contest.
    I'm neither for or against it.
    I merely saw posting in this thread as another way to amuse myself - and I believe I have.

    A good taint-licking is like opening up the oreo and eating the frosting first.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #67
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ....I just don't want to see the board become so rigid that people are afraid to contribute their opinions on things...or to just post things of interest.

    Otherwise, we lose the free flow of information between members...which is what keeps me coming back.
    It won't happen anyway, I'm the only person in support of the idea.
    I think Z was against it.
    I just saw about 6 of those type of threads in the clubhouse this a.m. and decided to go off on it.
    See what happens.
    I should have known that it would come down to a taint licking contest.
    I'm neither for or against it.
    I merely saw posting in this thread as another way to amuse myself - and I believe I have.

    A good taint-licking is like opening up the oreo and eating the frosting first.

    =Z=
    yiour taint focus this morning is nothing short of disturbing.

  8. #68
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Webby" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ....I just don't want to see the board become so rigid that people are afraid to contribute their opinions on things...or to just post things of interest.

    Otherwise, we lose the free flow of information between members...which is what keeps me coming back.
    It won't happen anyway, I'm the only person in support of the idea.
    I think Z was against it.
    I just saw about 6 of those type of threads in the clubhouse this a.m. and decided to go off on it.
    See what happens.
    I should have known that it would come down to a taint licking contest.
    I'm neither for or against it.
    I merely saw posting in this thread as another way to amuse myself - and I believe I have.

    A good taint-licking is like opening up the oreo and eating the frosting first.
    yiour taint focus this morning is nothing short of disturbing.
    My chair isn't very comfortable.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #69
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Zeus" wrote:
    My chair isn't very comfortable.

    =Z=
    You might want to take your own advice from another thread.. lol.. I can send an extra leg if need be..

  10. #70
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    one word: BONO

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. 20 Questions Threads
    By Ltrey33 in forum PP.O's Who Are They Really?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 12:18 PM
  2. Moss threads
    By cogitans in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 10:56 PM
  3. STOP MAKING THREADS TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP MAKING THREADS!
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 07:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •