Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70
  1. #41
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Hmmm, very interesting thread......

    At some point I think you can just quit congratulating guys/gals after posting 1,000 posts.
    Maybe bump it to every 5,000 or so after they hit 10,000.

    You still mark another achievement and yet, we don't bore people to death with a thread that seems to happen every 2 to 3 weeks for the most active posters.
    Actually that's how I dose my congratulations. I usually post in the HoF milestones, and after that only at every 5K

    But I don't really mind if there are congratulation threads. As with so much else, if you don't want to read or write in them, just stay clear altogether.
    You can take the 'don't click' approach if you wish.
    Then that can be said with every other repeat thread on the boards.
    No rules, just post crap and don't click on it if you don't like to read the same topic repeatedly.

    The congratulatory threads are repeat threads.
    Lump them all into a congratulatory thread and sticky it so the whole forum isn't littered with them.

    Like I've said, I almost always congratulate people on milestones, so, I'll click on them either way. They are the people that are actually contributing to the boards.

    I just don't see the, 'hey so and so had 5000 posts' and 'so-and-so and 12000' and so-and-so has 14000' posts as new information.
    It's all the same thing and should be treated as such.

    The whole post count thing is annoying anyway.
    Some people get the misconception that some people are more respected because they have more posts.
    The correlation between having more posts and people knowing you better is there, but, if you are an idiot you are an idiot if you have 1 post or 100,000 posts.
    If you contribute something meaningful you can do so on your first post.

    Off on a tangent there.

    Bottom-line: they are repeat threads.
    Nothing new or interesting in them.
    Just a recognition of 'hey, thanks for contributing to the boards'.
    That's my take and I'm sticking to it.
    Taint licking or no taint licking.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #42
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Hmmm, very interesting thread......

    At some point I think you can just quit congratulating guys/gals after posting 1,000 posts.
    Maybe bump it to every 5,000 or so after they hit 10,000.

    You still mark another achievement and yet, we don't bore people to death with a thread that seems to happen every 2 to 3 weeks for the most active posters.
    Actually that's how I dose my congratulations. I usually post in the HoF milestones, and after that only at every 5K

    But I don't really mind if there are congratulation threads. As with so much else, if you don't want to read or write in them, just stay clear altogether.
    You can take the 'don't click' approach if you wish.
    Then that can be said with every other repeat thread on the boards.
    No rules, just post crap and don't click on it if you don't like to read the same topic repeatedly.

    The congratulatory threads are repeat threads.
    Lump them all into a congratulatory thread and sticky it so the whole forum isn't littered with them.

    Like I've said, I almost always congratulate people on milestones, so, I'll click on them either way. They are the people that are actually contributing to the boards.

    I just don't see the, 'hey so and so had 5000 posts' and 'so-and-so and 12000' and so-and-so has 14000' posts as new information.
    It's all the same thing and should be treated as such.

    The whole post count thing is annoying anyway.
    Some people get the misconception that some people are more respected because they have more posts.
    The correlation between having more posts and people knowing you better is there, but, if you are an idiot you are an idiot if you have 1 post or 100,000 posts.
    If you contribute something meaningful you can do so on your first post.

    Off on a tangent there.

    Bottom-line: they are repeat threads.
    Nothing new or interesting in them.
    Just a recognition of 'hey, thanks for contributing to the boards'.
    That's my take and I'm sticking to it.
    Taint licking or no taint licking.
    Well, since Zeus is your biggest supporter on your position, I'm guessing that he will be the one to do the taint licking.
    Enjoy.

    But again, I can understand your position...just as long as OTHER threads get lumped in the same catagory (i.e., the Favorite Baseball Team threads, the "Taking a Dump, Taking a Piss, Farting" threads.

    As regards the "repeat" threads, I have already stated my position on those...we have no need for anyone but the mods to police that activity.
    I just don't want to see the board become so rigid that people are afraid to contribute their opinions on things...or to just post things of interest.
    Otherwise, we lose the free flow of information between members...which is what keeps me coming back.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #43
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Hmmm, very interesting thread......

    At some point I think you can just quit congratulating guys/gals after posting 1,000 posts.
    Maybe bump it to every 5,000 or so after they hit 10,000.

    You still mark another achievement and yet, we don't bore people to death with a thread that seems to happen every 2 to 3 weeks for the most active posters.
    Actually that's how I dose my congratulations. I usually post in the HoF milestones, and after that only at every 5K

    But I don't really mind if there are congratulation threads. As with so much else, if you don't want to read or write in them, just stay clear altogether.
    You can take the 'don't click' approach if you wish.
    Then that can be said with every other repeat thread on the boards.
    No rules, just post crap and don't click on it if you don't like to read the same topic repeatedly.

    The congratulatory threads are repeat threads.
    Lump them all into a congratulatory thread and sticky it so the whole forum isn't littered with them.

    Like I've said, I almost always congratulate people on milestones, so, I'll click on them either way. They are the people that are actually contributing to the boards.

    I just don't see the, 'hey so and so had 5000 posts' and 'so-and-so and 12000' and so-and-so has 14000' posts as new information.
    It's all the same thing and should be treated as such.

    The whole post count thing is annoying anyway.
    Some people get the misconception that some people are more respected because they have more posts.
    The correlation between having more posts and people knowing you better is there, but, if you are an idiot you are an idiot if you have 1 post or 100,000 posts.
    If you contribute something meaningful you can do so on your first post.

    Off on a tangent there.

    Bottom-line: they are repeat threads.
    Nothing new or interesting in them.
    Just a recognition of 'hey, thanks for contributing to the boards'.
    That's my take and I'm sticking to it.
    Taint licking or no taint licking.
    I could care less if they are put in a sticky. I don't think it's at a level yet where it cloaks up too much space. I can still just let it be.

    It's not like a repeated article, as there are always new milestones made, even if you ofcourse are correct that the content is repetitive.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #44
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ....I just don't want to see the board become so rigid that people are afraid to contribute their opinions on things...or to just post things of interest.

    Otherwise, we lose the free flow of information between members...which is what keeps me coming back.
    It won't happen anyway, I'm the only person in support of the idea.
    I think Z was against it.
    I just saw about 6 of those type of threads in the clubhouse this a.m. and decided to go off on it.
    See what happens.
    I should have known that it would come down to a taint licking contest.

    The free flow of information is already compromised due to no political or religious threads.
    This topic has nothing to do with that.

    The spineless whining weasels already complain that they are afraid to post something because somebody will attack them.
    What do you expect when you say something like, 'hey the ballboy said that Edge was going to sing'?
    Every once in a while some spineless whining pussy comes out of the woodwork and complains that their feelings were hurt because so-and-so didn't have man-love for Troy Williamson and he is a really, really, nice guy.
    There is nothing we can do for people like that.
    Send them to the Dr. Phil show and let them cuddle up with people that are kind and gentle to the idiots.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #45
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ....I just don't want to see the board become so rigid that people are afraid to contribute their opinions on things...or to just post things of interest.

    Otherwise, we lose the free flow of information between members...which is what keeps me coming back.
    It won't happen anyway, I'm the only person in support of the idea.
    I think Z was against it.
    I just saw about 6 of those type of threads in the clubhouse this a.m. and decided to go off on it.
    See what happens.
    I should have known that it would come down to a taint licking contest.

    The free flow of information is already compromised due to no political or religious threads.
    This topic has nothing to do with that.

    The spineless whining weasels already complain that they are afraid to post something because somebody will attack them.
    What do you expect when you say something like, 'hey the ballboy said that Edge was going to sing'?
    Every once in a while some spineless whining "meow" comes out of the woodwork and complains that their feelings were hurt because so-and-so didn't have man-love for Troy Williamson and he is a really, really, nice guy.
    There is nothing we can do for people like that.
    Send them to the Dr. Phil show and let them cuddle up with people that are kind and gentle to the idiots.
    Edge is gonna sing????
    When? Where? What type of music?


    I figured that you had seen the stack of Congrats threads and that was what set you off.
    Just be assured that this was mostly an anomoly that will rarely happen...but that's what you get for just looking at the "From the Huddle" posts (don't worry, I do the same thing...lol).

    As regards the whiners, I just don't want the "play by the rules", "wannabe PP.O Policemen" to have anymore rules to bash the rest of us with either.
    The "duplicate thread" issue is enough to deal with already.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #46
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Prophet" wrote:
    The spineless whining weasels already complain that they are afraid to post something because somebody will attack them.
    What do you expect when you say something like, 'hey the ballboy said that Edge was going to sing'?
    Every once in a while some spineless whining pussy comes out of the woodwork and complains that their feelings were hurt because so-and-so didn't have man-love for Troy Williamson and he is a really, really, nice guy.
    There is nothing we can do for people like that.
    Send them to the Dr. Phil show and let them cuddle up with people that are kind and gentle to the idiots.
    I usually withhold my opinions because I don't have a leg to stand on..
    ;D

    Like most other things in this world there is two equally valid points to the debate... 1 thread less individualistic or many where someone will complain or be upset if their milestone is passed without the fan fair.. it is all about the sharing of opinions and having a couple of laughs.. whether in one thread or 10k..


  7. #47
    mark is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    541

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    My goal this is to break the record for alltime posts in the next.Just setting my goals high like peterson and edwards.
    <!--
    sig -->

  8. #48
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "mark" wrote:
    My goal this is to break the record for alltime posts in the next.Just setting my goals high like peterson and edwards.
    Good for you. Post away.

    You have some massive posters to keep up with though

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  9. #49
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The spineless whining weasels already complain that they are afraid to post something because somebody will attack them.
    What do you expect when you say something like, 'hey the ballboy said that Edge was going to sing'?
    Every once in a while some spineless whining pussy comes out of the woodwork and complains that their feelings were hurt because so-and-so didn't have man-love for Troy Williamson and he is a really, really, nice guy.
    There is nothing we can do for people like that.
    Send them to the Dr. Phil show and let them cuddle up with people that are kind and gentle to the idiots.
    I usually withhold my opinions because I don't have a leg to stand on..
    ;D

    Like most other things in this world there is two equally valid points to the debate... 1 thread less individualistic or many where someone will complain or be upset if their milestone is passed without the fan fair.. it is all about the sharing of opinions and having a couple of laughs.. whether in one thread or 10k..

    lol

    Congrats on 1446

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #50
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: "Look at me" threads

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Even though I know that SIA loves these threads, the ones where we congratulate folks for hitting milestones in their posting, I suggest that there is one sticky thread in the clubhouse where these threads are located.

    The end.

    OMG!

    JK!

    Probably a good idea......

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 20 Questions Threads
    By Ltrey33 in forum PP.O's Who Are They Really?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 12:18 PM
  2. Moss threads
    By cogitans in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 10:56 PM
  3. STOP MAKING THREADS TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP MAKING THREADS!
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 07:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •