Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: "Look at me" threads

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=45280.msg784642#msg784642 date=1211897026]
    Even though I know that SIA loves these threads, the ones where we congratulate folks for hitting milestones in their posting, I suggest that there is one sticky thread in the clubhouse where these threads are located.

The end.
    They aren't "Look at Me!" threads.
    They are "Look at that guy - with the understanding that someone else will post 'Look at Me!' when I've accomplished a milestone!" threads.
    Maybe we should ALSO "sticky" those "Look at MY favorite BASEBALL team" threads too?
    Or how about all of those "Look at me with all the cheerleaders" threads?
    Maybe we could even "sticky" all of those "Look, I got up earlier than the rest of you so that I could take credit for posting all of the Vikings articles"?

What the heck...let's just "Sticky" EVERYTHING!!!
    Congratulatory threads for reaching a milestone are in their own mind-numbing league.
    They deserve to be sequestered.
    I would say the same for MOST of the threads on here as well...but then I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't like your "Taking a Dump" thread to get put on a sticky as well.
    Well, that's your opinion.
    I see it as a bunch of repeat threads littering the boards.
    Someone reaches a milestone and people say congratulations!
    Nothing wrong with that, but when you sign in and 1/2 of the threads on the opening page of the clubhouse are 'look at me' threads it seems to me that they would be better contained somewhere.

Just a suggestion.
    If people don't like it they can lick me where I stink.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

You'll be losing sleep because you'll be so chafed from the constaint taint bathing.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=45280.msg784648#msg784648 date=1211897290]
    Even though I know that SIA loves these threads, the ones where we congratulate folks for hitting milestones in their posting, I suggest that there is one sticky thread in the clubhouse where these threads are located.

The end.
    They are "Look at that guy - with the understanding that someone else will post 'Look at Me!' when I've accomplished a milestone!" threads.
    Maybe we should ALSO "sticky" those "Look at MY favorite BASEBALL team" threads too?
    Maybe we could even "sticky" all of those "Look, I got up earlier than the rest of you so that I could take credit for posting all of the Vikings articles"?

Congratulatory threads for reaching a milestone are in their own mind-numbing league.
    I would say the same for MOST of the threads on here as well...but then I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't like your "Taking a Dump" thread to get put on a sticky as well.
    Nothing wrong with that, but when you sign in and 1/2 of the threads on the opening page of the clubhouse are 'look at me' threads it seems to me that they would be better contained somewhere.

Just a suggestion.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

You'll be losing sleep because you'll be so chafed from the constaint taint bathing.

=Z=
    [/quote]

Sounds like you have a volunteer, Prophet.
    With all the tongue wagging that Zeus does, I'm sure that he will keep you awake all night long.
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=45280.msg784722#msg784722 date=1211905295]

The end.

Just a suggestion.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

With all the tongue wagging that Zeus does, I'm sure that he will keep you awake all night long.

[/quote]

Since I'm following you, oh leader of the anti-Proph-suggestion clan, it'll be all clean by the time my turn rolls around.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=45280.msg784727#msg784727 date=1211905423]

The end.

Just a suggestion.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since I'm following you, oh leader of the anti-Proph-suggestion clan, it'll be all clean by the time my turn rolls around.

=Z=
    [/quote]

I'll make sure my taint is good and crusty so there's enough for all.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

The end.

Just a suggestion.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

=Z=
    [/quote]

BUT since I won't be touching Prophet, you get to slurp up all of the crusty stuff.
    I'm only visiting Prophet to drop off some of my gumbo.
    But if you wait a bit, he will have some "recycled" gumbo to share with you...or at least the residue of it.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=45280.msg784738#msg784738 date=1211905838]

The end.

Just a suggestion.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

=Z=
    [/quote]

BUT since I won't be touching Prophet, you get to slurp up all of the crusty stuff.
    But if you wait a bit, he will have some "recycled" gumbo to share with you...or at least the residue of it.
    [/quote]

Prophet, make sure you start a thread to congratulate the first one to 100 licks!

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=45280.msg784743#msg784743 date=1211906326]

The end.

Just a suggestion.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

=Z=
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Prophet, make sure you start a thread to congratulate the first one to 100 licks!
    [/quote]

Zeus has already passed that milestone...as well as the first 1000.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=45280.msg784786#msg784786 date=1211910179]

The end.

Just a suggestion.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

=Z=
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Get a room .
    El underdog.

"El" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=45280.msg784792#msg784792 date=1211910949]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=45280.msg784786#msg784786 date=1211910179]

The end.

Just a suggestion.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

=Z=
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Get a room .
    [/quote]
    For you and Zeus...sure thing!
    Just don't break the bed...they will make you pay for it!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Hmmm, very interesting thread......

At some point I think you can just quit congratulating guys/gals after posting 1,000 posts.
    Maybe bump it to every 5,000 or so after they hit 10,000.

You still mark another achievement and yet, we don't bore people to death with a thread that seems to happen every 2 to 3 weeks for the most active posters.
    Actually that's how I dose my congratulations. I usually post in the HoF milestones, and after that only at every 5K

But I don't really mind if there are congratulation threads. As with so much else, if you don't want to read or write in them, just stay clear altogether.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast