Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipod Help

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Ipod Help

Ok, I have an Ipod Mini. It always breaks and it is completley USELESS. School is almost starting and the school I go to is an hour drive up and a almost 1 1/2 train ride back. I am thinking of buying a 60 GB Ipod Video. Just for that fact that it has more songs and I can watch TV episodes on their. I was wondering if any of have the Ipod video and tell me if it really worth the 300 or 400 buckaroos for it.

Appreciate the help,

ChiTownVike

Thank you Josdin for the sig

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Ipod Help

This one is better and only $299.99.

Creative Zen: Vision M
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I have an ipod video. I've enjoyed it alot for the time I've had it. A few things about the video though.

1. You need to buy a case for it. You can get a clear plastic case for 20 dollars or so and that will do ya. It's just that it gets scratched up very easily.

2. The battery runs out fast! Especially while watching videos. So if you're in the car you will want a thing that can charge the ipod while you are driving in the little cigarette thing.

3. Maybe this is just mine but it freezes sometimes. You just have to reset it but it can get annoying after a while. I know some people haven't had the same problem.

I think it's worth the money but you have to take those into consideration if you are buying one for yourself. I know the 60 GB has a longer battery life than the 30 which I have.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Are the speakers you can get for them any good?

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i have the 60 gig one and its awesome. anyone that knows me knows i love mine and im closely obsessed with it lol. It's amazing at how many songs it holds at the moment i have 3857 songs in it. 4552 photos but only 29 videos, and i still have 42 gigs left. The battery life is pretty good. It usually last me 2 or 3 days before i recharge again. The videos give the battery a major juice cut but all you have to do is recharge. Mine only froze once so oh well. The case is a must like PPE said. i say its worth the money.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Are the speakers you can get for them any good?
    My friend bought a cheap pair of speakers from like k-mart that fold out of a small box. Ten times better than the ipod ones.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

i recomend going to the apple forum.. they are very helpful, they've seen all problems known to man about ipods
    i m better than you, so just give up...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"FedjeViking" wrote:

YES

get that.

also, listen to me very frickin carefully.

are you listening?

OK

get the two year warranty with it. i know it sounds like a rip off to pay and extra 40 bucks to get the warrenty, but its worth it. my nomad broke awhile ago, it was a dinosaur, it sucked big time. but i had the warrenty, so i used store credit and basically got an updated version for free. all i had to pay for was another warrenty. and in two years, ill be able to get another updated one for basically free again.

heed my advice!
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

If you're a student, then you might wanna check out http://www.apple.com/students

You can get discounts on apple products. I think its like 30 bucks off on the 60 gig ipod, but it's worth a look.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"happy camper" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

YES

get that.

also, listen to me very frickin carefully.

are you listening?

OK

get the two year warranty with it. i know it sounds like a rip off to pay and extra 40 bucks to get the warrenty, but its worth it. my nomad broke awhile ago, it was a dinosaur, it sucked big time. but i had the warrenty, so i used store credit and basically got an updated version for free. all i had to pay for was another warrenty. and in two years, ill be able to get another updated one for basically free again.

heed my advice!
    I ALWAYS get the extended warranty! I got one for my car, even though it was used. They've had to put 2 transmissions in so far! Cost me the co-pay of $50.00!

BUY THE WARRANTY!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast