Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IE 8.0

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: IE 8.0

"Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    So - I upgraded the home machine to IE 8.0 and now when I try to reply to long posts, the text window jumps all over the place.

Any advice (outside of "Go back to IE 7" or "Get Firefox") for fixing that?
    by text window jumping, do you mean the cursor switches places?
    I've had that issue on my moms laptop before, where you'd start typing and all of a sudden you're now typing in the middle of your post.
    I really have no idea what might be the case.
    I googled it, and it seems its just a bug with IE8, however a solution recommended was try switching to compatability mode.
    I don't konw how to do that, since I don't use IE, but I don't imagine its too hard to figure out.
    Outstanding, dude.
    The compatibility mode switch did the trick.
    Thanks for the help!

=Z=
    Z - This was the issue I had a while back.
    How do you switch the compatibility mode?
    I downloaded firefox just for PPO.
    I would rather use IE 8

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I would recommend that you download the brand new Opera 10.
    It is completely free, and has been underated for many years. It's been around since year 1994 so the company behind it has a lot of experience.

[size=15pt]Opera 10.0 - One of the Best Internet Browser[/size]
    Posted October 24, 2009

link: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...et.html?cat=48

Opera has somehow remained behind the scenes in the so-called battle of the web browsers... until today. With the release of its brand new version 10, Opera has now the chance to jump on stage as it proves an excellent alternative to other more widely-used browsers.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    So - I upgraded the home machine to IE 8.0 and now when I try to reply to long posts, the text window jumps all over the place.

I've had that issue on my moms laptop before, where you'd start typing and all of a sudden you're now typing in the middle of your post.
    I googled it, and it seems its just a bug with IE8, however a solution recommended was try switching to compatability mode.
    I don't konw how to do that, since I don't use IE, but I don't imagine its too hard to figure out.
    Outstanding, dude.
    Thanks for the help!

=Z=
    I would rather use IE 8
    Click "Tools", scroll down to "Compatibility View" and click it.
    Simple and really fixed the issue for me.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

Outstanding, dude.
    Thanks for the help!

=Z=
    I would rather use IE 8

=Z=
    Thanks Z.
    I'll give it a shot

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=53937.msg1011723#msg1011723 date=1256959191]

Outstanding, dude.
    Thanks for the help!

=Z=
    I would rather use IE 8

=Z=
    Thanks Z.
    I'll give it a shot
    [/quote]

I amon IE8 and it is working perfectly.
    Thanks so much Z.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:
    It is completely free, and has been underated for many years. It's been around since year 1994 so the company behind it has a lot of experience.

Posted October 24, 2009

Opera has somehow remained behind the scenes in the so-called battle of the web browsers... until today. With the release of its brand new version 10, Opera has now the chance to jump on stage as it proves an excellent alternative to other more widely-used browsers.
    I have to second this suggestion. I downloaded it on my computer and it is terrific. Firefox was my favorite but it has gotten way too slow and I didn't like the latest changes they made and i stumbled onto Opera. Great program and I also downloaded Opera Mobile 10 for my phone and replaces windows mobile and the change was amazing. The page loading, searching and scrolling are all light years ahead of windows.

HEY
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

Posted October 24, 2009

I have to second this suggestion. I downloaded it on my computer and it is terrific. Firefox was my favorite but it has gotten way too slow and I didn't like the latest changes they made and i stumbled onto Opera. Great program and I also downloaded Opera Mobile 10 for my phone and replaces windows mobile and the change was amazing. The page loading, searching and scrolling are all light years ahead of windows.
    I told ya

The Opera 10 works great!
    By the way, Opera is made in Norway so I think that's the reason why it's not as famous as e.g. Firefox and Chrome.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

Posted October 24, 2009

I told ya

By the way, Opera is made in Norway so I think that's the reason why it's not as famous as e.g. Firefox and Chrome.
    Have you downloaded 10.10?

Fricking awesome. I can access files from my home computer on my mobile phone and they have a new thingamajig called the fridge ;D

HEY
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

Posted October 24, 2009

I told ya

Have you downloaded 10.10?

Fricking awesome. I can access files from my home computer on my mobile phone and they have a new thingamajig called the fridge ;D
    I will try it our today.

HEY
    Blog Entries

Re:IE 8.0

I have used the Opera web browser for a while now, and I'm in love with it!
    The latest version (Opera 10.10) is the best on the market. It beats browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Opera has always been among the best web browser, but it is the best browser in 2010. Opera is fast as hell. It has a unique feature called "Opera Turbo" which is a must-have for people with slow Internet connections. Opera is a masterpiece, and it's completely free WITH NO ADS.

Click here if you want to download the latest version of Opera!

PS: Sorry if this post is sounding like a spam, but I just want to bring the message out to the people. People deserve the best web browser on the marked.

Which browser is faster Firefox or Opera?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast